• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone-PWD or too low dose?

Antgarcia650

Greenlighter
Hey guys this is my first post on here and I have tried looking for answers all day but haven't found exactly what I was looking for so I decided to post here. So anyways I'm 20 years old I got out of rehab in August and I felt like shit and thought I would be better using I was living in a sober living home away from home and went on Craigslist and found a connect for dope on there the first week I was there out of rehab. I then got kicked out of the sle and was homless for a week until my parents let me come back home and ever since I've been home I've been using heroin IV and I use about a gram a day I have been trying to get on suboxone lately but failed every time. The first time about 4 weeks ago I took 8 mg 24 hours after and I still felt like shit and used again right away. Next time (about 3 weeks ago) I waited 36 hours and I took the suboxone and still felt like shit. And then about a week ago I waited a full 48 hours with the help of Xanax and I actually felt good on it but got ahold of 300 dollars and I couldn't just no spend it so I got high and I truly regret that. And now 2 days ago I took a suboxone (2 mg) 24 hours after my last dose because I was withdrawling a lot worse than I normally do at 24 hours because the dope I got the day before was garbage I had to take a 4 point shot to even feel it and I usually take dub shots. So anyway after I took the suboxone I didn't go through bad precipitated withdrawal but I didn't feel any better and still had restless legs and just felt odd. Yesterday I took 4 more milligrams thinking it would help but it didn't so I got some Xanax and Ativan from a friend and that helped me get through last night. So here I am today, feeling like shit still, wondering if I should take more suboxone or just ride it out or do some dope and try to reside the suboxone in a few days? Any thoughts?

Some people find suboxone to be the miracle drug from heaven, and it does have some serious medical potential. But I for one have never found it to be the white light at the end of the tunnel. For me going from full on heroin use to suboxone use takes about 2-3 days of withdrawals before beginning to feel normal. You have to realize that you are going from a full antagonist, to a partial antagonist. Basically, scientifically speaking as well, you are not going to feel like superman in this transition. What I can tell you is if you stick it out and take 4 mg of suboxone every 24 hours, eventually you will feel a lot better. I am on suboxone right now and I don't always feel the greatest, but when I look at the big picture, I have a roof over my head, I work and I'm enrolled in college. Something that without it, none of those things would be happening.

So, really it's your decision, but you must realize that the transition from heroin or any full antagonist ( oxycodone, fentanyl, etc ) to suboxone is going to be a bumpy ride for a few days, but it sure beats the hell out of full blown detox and cold turkey withdrawals.

I have a question- yesterday i went to a sub doctor to get off H. It had been 22 hours since my last shot, so i thought i'd be good. It turns out, not so much! I took 1/2 sub at 5pm and was in full precip
withdrawals by 6pm, so i thought if i took the other 1/2 it would help, IT DID NOT! Was puking all night, took another 1/2 about 5am, nothing- and anothwr half around noon.Last night was the worse night ever, and it continued all day. I know suboxone has a blocker but i needed to do something so i went and saw my guy and felt better immediately- i didnt get high, just felt normal. Now, my question is- since the subs has a blocker in it, do i still have to wait to go into full withdrawals again before taking another 1/2 sub? I really only did the dope to get out of those withdrawals, i really do want to continue on the subs to get clean, but the withdrawal symptoms were too much to handle. Any suggestions?