• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone induced stomach cramps...how to prevent them?

Shant

Bluelighter
So I’ve been weening down on heroin, quit 2 days ago, waited 25 hours and then inducted on 16mg all at once. Never done that, usually will start with 4 and see how I feel. Maybe 8mg all at once. But for whatever reason I went gung ho this time.

I felt ok for maybe an hour, no PWDs. But then my stomach turned to mush, diarrhea, vomiting, and the stomach cramps JFC those were the worst! Pain 9/10. I have a LOT of experience inducting and this has never happened. After 24 hours the cramps are still there, maybe 4/10. So I smoked a bit of dope today and I’m gonna try again tomorrow.

1- do you think it was too much suboxone at once that caused this?

2- what’s the best way to avoid this? What if I ate a shit ton of fiber the day before and nothing else?

Thanks in advance, all my junkie homies. 😎

Subs gonna give you some IBS either way. Takes days if not weeks to stabilize from a full agonist. Then it binds your gut.

Do not take fiber. That adds bulk. And is twisting you up. Eat basic. Like apples and grapes. Perhaps some bread and rice.

16mg too much also.

16mg was a brave dose that close to last H.

Yeah I guess it was. I figured 25 hours was plenty. And before the heroin kick (only about a week), I was kicking those blue fentanyl pills. Maybe it’s just too much switching agonist to another agonist to a partial agonist, rinse, repeat...? Seems doubtful but there’s something in my gut telling me there’s some sort debilitation going on. Seems like every induction gets harder even though I’ve got it down to a science. Well...I thought I did, but every induction seems to do something new and strange.

I tried inducting directly from the Blue fentanyl analogue pills not realizing they have a 2-3 day half life. In that case, when I inducted to suboxone, I didn’t really get full blown PWD’s but I had a very hard time speaking. Like literally, I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth.Sounded like a total retard for about 2 days. I’ve never seen that side effect mentioned by anyone, ever. There’s a lot of unpredictability with this shit it seems like...

Subs gonna give you some IBS either way. Takes days if not weeks to stabilize from a full agonist. Then it binds your gut.

Do not take fiber. That adds bulk. And is twisting you up. Eat basic. Like apples and grapes. Perhaps some bread and rice.

16mg too much also.

What about not eating at all? I have done the fiber thing successfully before. Totally avoided diarrhea too. But I’ll trust your advice on that this time.

Also, what’s the most effective way to treat the IBS assuming I get it again? They gave me something called Bentyl but it doesn’t seem to do much. They also said clonidine helps with stomach cramps.

16mg I think is too much. I know thats what a lot of doctors reccomend but that is because that is the dose that most fully occupies the opioid receptors and prevents other opioids from working not because thats the minimal dose that prevents withdrawal ( or that's how my doc explained it to me)... I know 2mg works for a lot of long time heroin addicts and there are significant diminished returns after 8mg. Have you tried benadryl for the stomach issues? antihistamines can reduce a lot of opioid side effects.

You also might have better luck waiting even longer before starting to take the the subs... the longer you wait the more effective they will be. I know this is an unpopular opinion but if you find this too uncomfortable you can use large doses of benzos to sleep through it. I've done this with pretty good success though one time I shit the bed lol... not my proudest moment.

Hate those blues. Currently withdrawing from them only about 7 hours in. Have 2 8mg sub films I’m going to cut in thirds and try to take. I’ve never gone through this or took subs before but wish me luck

Ok this is key bro...wait as long as you freakin can. You’re saying that you do some, and several hours later you’re already heading into withdrawal?

Yeah I had about less than a quarter piece of it I did at 7am. But I just fucked up big time bc I found a smaller piece than the one I did at 3am just sitting in my car while I was looking for a charger. It was a good blue whereas I’ve been getting crappy light blue ones lately and I can’t survive off those Let alone Hardly get them. I’ve been on blues straight since feb and regular Oxys before that. I’ve withdrawn for a whole few days before but can never last longer than that but I’m hoping this time with the sub film it can help

My only problem is that I only have two sub films. I don’t have any other option besides weed because I live in San Diego and while that kind of helps it just makes me feel trapped inside my own body in pain, absolutely no one in my life knows I take them besides the dealer and that’s it so I’m on my own but I’m determined. I’ve only been maintaining myself the last few months because I’m scared of the withdrawals and how to explain them off, telling someone isn’t an option

Ok this is key bro...wait as long as you freakin can. You’re saying that you do some, and several hours later you’re already heading into withdrawal?
When i posted that the withdrawals just started but yeah 7 hours after my last piece of blue, have not yet taken a sub. I was told wait 24 hours or it’ll kill me, I don’t know.. I’m not too familiar I’ve been looking info up for weeks and finally made an account to post

Hey shant! Sorry, I missed the start of this thread. When you ended up smoking Heroin after your first experience, did it make you feel better or were you pretty much feeling the same? Inducting on such a high-dose is pretty brave, especially having already known about the potential for precipitated withdrawal. I think you'll find less issue with the cramps and other GI distress just by using less Bupe in the future, but you've probably established this by now.

If you're still experiencing the GI stuff, then you can definitely try the traditional OTC standy-by's like antacids (tums), herbal stuff featuring Ginger I often find to be helpful, but in reality, I am one of the people who can always have GI issues quickly eliminated by Cannabis. I would just smoke a joint.

At any rate, it would be nice to hear more about your progress as it happens. If you try to re-induct at a lower dose, let us know how that works out for you!

Thanks Mr Richards, I always love your feedback mate. After I took the little bit of dope the next day it absolutely helped. I was by no means 100%, but maybe 75%? I was gonna induct today but I decided to do another day of heroin (.3g altogether). Gonna wait the full 24 and start out with 4mg. Let’s see if that fixes it.

What do you think about Zantac for the diarrhea? Part of me thinks I’m better off expelling all that garbage as fast as possible (which the Zantac would only prolong) and thus feel better sooner. What do you think?

When i posted that the withdrawals just started but yeah 7 hours after my last piece of blue, have not yet taken a sub. I was told wait 24 hours or it’ll kill me, I don’t know.. I’m not too familiar I’ve been looking info up for weeks and finally made an account to post

it won’t kill you mate but you may wish it did. Here’s a good rule of thumb. I assume your fairly constipated right now. If you e waited long enough that you have full blown diarrhea (not the chunky kind...I’m talking pure liquid), you will very likely be ready to induct safely. So start there. If you feel like you can wait a few more hours without breaking, the wait. But as a good rule of thumb, if you’ve reached the diarrhea stage you’ll probably be OK.

The problem is you’ve only got 2 subs so you’ll be up shit’s creak after that. I live in LA and you’re right, these blue pills vary greatly, from total bunk to almost too strong.

Let us know how it goes mate. Most of us truly want to help.

- Shant 😎

Hey shant! Sorry, I missed the start of this thread. When you ended up smoking Heroin after your first experience, did it make you feel better or were you pretty much feeling the same? Inducting on such a high-dose is pretty brave, especially having already known about the potential for precipitated withdrawal. I think you'll find less issue with the cramps and other GI distress just by using less Bupe in the future, but you've probably established this by now.

If you're still experiencing the GI stuff, then you can definitely try the traditional OTC standy-by's like antacids (tums), herbal stuff featuring Ginger I often find to be helpful, but in reality, I am one of the people who can always have GI issues quickly eliminated by Cannabis. I would just smoke a joint.

At any rate, it would be nice to hear more about your progress as it happens. If you try to re-induct at a lower dose, let us know how that works out for you!
OH one more question...the weed helping the stomach issues. Would a weed vape work just as well as flower? I hate the taste of flower

it won’t kill you mate but you may wish it did. Here’s a good rule of thumb. I assume your fairly constipated right now. If you e waited long enough that you have full blown diarrhea (not the chunky kind...I’m talking pure liquid), you will very likely be ready to induct safely. So start there. If you feel like you can wait a few more hours without breaking, the wait. But as a good rule of thumb, if you’ve reached the diarrhea stage you’ll probably be OK.

The problem is you’ve only got 2 subs so you’ll be up shit’s creak after that. I live in LA and you’re right, these blue pills vary greatly, from total bunk to almost too strong.

Let us know how it goes mate. Most of us truly want to help.

- Shant 😎
Actually weirdly enough I’m not constipated at least not in the beginning idk if it’s bc I don’t really eat, one big meal a day and snacking after I am healthy for the most part or if it’s due to something else but that doesn’t cause me pain until way later if at all, thanks for the help! I really am trying to figure out what to do and I thought I was fine bc I kept seeing on here that 2mg sub was enough so if I got 2 films Cut each into 3 I could get 6 days worth that would work right?

Yogurt always helped settle my stomach, and you could always pick up some "Lactobacillus Acidophilus" supplements, they've been helping me recently. And the usual, ginger or turmericw/bioperine.

Actually weirdly enough I’m not constipated at least not in the beginning idk if it’s bc I don’t really eat, one big meal a day and snacking after I am healthy for the most part or if it’s due to something else but that doesn’t cause me pain until way later if at all, thanks for the help! I really am trying to figure out what to do and I thought I was fine bc I kept seeing on here that 2mg sub was enough so if I got 2 films Cut each into 3 I could get 6 days worth that would work right?
2mg might be just a bit weak in your case brother. You’re kicking fent after all. Start with 4mg.