• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Suboxone help please

Pucman

Bluelighter
So I have been on a low dose of sub since my last relapse for two months, 2mg. I went to beach for a week and forgot all meds. I was freaking out but not much I could do. Funny how my gear was the first and last thing I had packed before quitting Heroin. I?m almost at 8 months with two slips. My week wasn?t pleasant but I pulled thru. Insomnia and stomach issues were bad and I was a bit short and agitated, but upon arriving at home I knew I would take my sub and I did. And Yes it did make me feel better. I have a few concerts coming up and better to know I can?t get high even if I tried. At least I tell myself. I don?t want to be on subs anymore what do you think is my best bet, should I just stop completely or should I taper off? The thing is I really didn?t have that horrible of a week CT off 2mg. I exercise regularly and attribute that to most of my success. I really cannot think of anything better in my recovery. I would just like some input from those who have been there done that. This site has helped me all this way, I just need a little more guidance with this next step.
Any help or encouragement would greatly be appreciated.

I would taper down to 400mcg or 200mcg, I was on 10mg and over 7 months got down to 400mcg then jumped off withdrawl was awful wont get into details. some people don't get that bad of symptoms when they come off,

I would see if you can get a ,weeks supply of Diazepam or another benzo to ease you through once you jump off.

Whats your Plan? Have you discussed it with your worker? Do you have plenty of support?

Taper taper taper! You will still feel like shit, but not nearly as bad as you would if you jumped. Fortunately 2 mg isn't a very high dose, but subs are powerful and you will notice it..and it will last a long time. I suggest tapering slow. like .25mg a week and then switching to every other day once you're down to as small of an amount as you can physically break off. Slow and low is always the best way. Good luck!

Oh, and once you're off..i'd do a couple days of Imodium or even kratom as well, but not too long because you don't want to get dependent on that as well.

Good advice all around. It’s all about tapering and appropriate comfort meds. And lifestyle stuff, like spending time outdoors, mindfulness, exercise of some variety, hobbies, passions, staying busy, etc.

Gabapentin, clonidine, either diazepam or clonazepam, and a non-habit forming sleep aid like trazadone are basic comfort meds. If you can’t get anything else, kratom for a week or two would be helpful. If you like cannabis, that can be helpful. Loperamide I’d you’re struggling with the shits, but try to go easy on it (eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water too).

For now, a slow steady taper will be most helpful. Try 10% dose reductions per week. Use the time you’re tapering to get comfort meds arranged, continue with your exercise and perhaps start practicing a new skill set. Mindfulness was suuuper helpful coming off opioids for me.

There are some other things that might help, like iboga or DXM, but those come with a lot of caveats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I’m going to drop down to 1.5 and Taper acccordingly. It was a week and full wd probably hadn’t fully kicked in. It was uncomfortable but I could still snorkel and spend a week on a beach. Different than being at home having to work. I can certainly skip days comfortabley. I really felt 2mg yesterday and just rode it out today so I will go down. Thanks for the quick responses. Lady H thanks for the support I read your thread, keep it up girl. Feels good to be free but my life isn’t wrapped up recovery. TPD always a wealth of info, I did the Ibogaine trip a couple years ago, and only lasted two weeks or less. This time is for real, I lost someone very close this summer. Could of been me. Meditation has been a great tool for me as well. Hopefully someday I will be able to help someone find their path. You guys are great.

I wouldn't say my life is wrapped up in recovery, either, and, I think that's ok. I find that if I sit and obsess about recovery and being off drugs, it makes me still think about drugs, and how much I miss them. Then I relapse. I find that when I start talking about recovery with my friends, it leads to me reminising about fun drug times and then I'm in a bad mental place..missing the drugs and being jealous of my former druggie self bc, despite all the problems she had that I don't, she had drugs and I dont. I find distracting myself with the rest of life helps tremendously. When I'm feeling really close to relapsing, I'll call one of my girlfriends..I won't tell them what's going on with my cravings...I just let them go on and on about their, what seem like, silly little husband/boyfriend problems and it gets my mind off the shit. Distraction is a great help in recovery, to me at least.

I def have been interested in trying meditationand/or yoga soon..I could use some peace in my chaotic life. I've been feeling like a homebody this week, so maybe I'll try some youtube videos tonight. TPD has some great links in his sig to some, those reading this who are also thinking about starting but don't know where to begin.

Keep it up, Pucman, you're doing great!

I wouldn't say my life is wrapped up in recovery, either, and, I think that's ok. I find that if I sit and obsess about recovery and being off drugs, it makes me still think about drugs, and how much I miss them. Then I relapse. I find that when I start talking about recovery with my friends, it leads to me reminising about fun drug times and then I'm in a bad mental place..missing the drugs and being jealous of my former druggie self bc, despite all the problems she had that I don't, she had drugs and I dont. I find distracting myself with the rest of life helps tremendously. When I'm feeling really close to relapsing, I'll call one of my girlfriends..I won't tell them what's going on with my cravings...I just let them go on and on about their, what seem like, silly little husband/boyfriend problems and it gets my mind off the shit. Distraction is a great help in recovery, to me at least.

I def have been interested in trying meditationand/or yoga soon..I could use some peace in my chaotic life. I've been feeling like a homebody this week, so maybe I'll try some youtube videos tonight. TPD has some great links in his sig to some, those reading this who are also thinking about starting but don't know where to begin.

Keep it up, Pucman, you're doing great!

I can relate to the recovery talk leading to cravings and relapse thing. I have had the same experience. 12 step meetings do it the worst for me