• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone for pain?

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Does suboxone work for pain? I’m having major stomach pain and nausea to the point that kratom won’t stay down and I’m having issues getting pain medicine (even short term). I did a Google search and found a suboxone clinic that says same or next day appointments. I’m tempted to just say bugger it and not tell them I’m really there because of pain. last night makes a week of 30 minutes of sleep each night. I’m going crazy. I went to my primary Dr yesterday who just suggested ibuprofen ( already maxing out each day)

Buprenorphine (subutex/subuxone) is routineously used against pain, as transdermal patches or sublingual tablets. It should be effective against your pain at least in the short-mid term and much better than ibuprofen.

Hyperalgesia is a problem with opioids. If you are susceptible to it, get off opioids. Because there are only 2 options. Keep increasing dose of opioids (and doctors will only go so far) or use bup to get clean.

I'm stuck with hyperalgesia but I'm seriously broken and held together with metal & ceramics. So I know I might have 20-30 more years of pain and so I have kept down the dose for as long as I can. I KNOW eventually it's going to get much worse, but each month my GP supplies me with an exit visa for when it gets too much.

Being sensitive to pain is part of my disability ( cerebral palsy at least it is for about 90% of us). My Drs growing up understood that but no I’ve moved and life isn’t really doable at the moment. I’m on a break from school and not sleeping and I’m not sure if watching tv all day is “ functioning” or not.

The really hard thing is if I eat more than preschooler portions at the moment my stomach pain becomes a 9. So yeah I just want some semblance of my normal life back and if that means opioids it does

I prefer the term 'wobbly' rather than CP. I wish it was made the medical term.

Yeah - you really need to lay off opioids. What happens if you are involved in an accident? I dislocated my hip and got a lousy 20mg or IV morphine. It did NOTHING. I hadn't used opioids for years, but some tolerance evidently remained.

Hard to know what to say - study on-line, I guess. TV is passive, learning isn't. Did you know that people with higher levels of education are less likely to develop certain forms of dementia? It's because they tend to be life-long learners so their dendrites are in constant motion.... which I suspect is the mechanism behind the protection it provides... but I OT.

Hope this helps.

I’m online for school getting a Master’s. At the moment I really can’t worry about all the “what ifs” in life. Dealing with each day sucks enough. I use a power chair and a hoyer lift I don’t just wobble but yeah I get it with the term preferences. I have never used anything recreationally. So how I have to manage pain is just that.

Doin' med research man.Endoscopy,blood test,everything.got simmilar stomach issues also..antiinflammatory meds or some spasmolytics are short term solution.they don't cure the problem...also eating Kratom is hard for digest and create stomach issues too.....and i inow how hurt stomach

Yes, it can be very effective for managing pain. But I can say from personal experience, stomach pains usually have other route causes that can be managed in other much more effective ways. Also, opioids can cause stomach problems themselves, and might actually make it harder to keep things down. But I can say it has made it much easier for me to sleep! I'm not saying it's not worth a try, but see a doctor about your stomach problems first if this is your deciding factor in obtaining the script.

Opioids themselves tend to cause nausea, among other stomach problems. I understand how desperate and dire your situation is becoming but opioids may in fact worsen your stomach problems.
And of course, i'm no doctor. If your current doctor isn't giving you the help you need, try for a second opinion. Easier said than done, I know.

I have seen adr about it. Over and over. Have my first siub appointment tomorrow. I’m in withdrawal moderately bad at the moment on top of my other issues

I’m taking suboxone now. I noticed that about 4mgs deals with the withdrawal symptoms and pain. It’s amazing how much better my stomach feels. I am not having diarrhea and I kept dinner down last night.

Yes I still have my GI appointment but they couldn’t get me in before Christmas and I’m still taking the amoxicillin that my pcp blindly threw at the problem. In the meantime I can sleep and eat more than half a piece of toast at one time.

I just got on suboxone also and it is helping for many things.
My appetite is back, my sex drive is kicking back in, depression is better, chronic back and leg pain feels better.
I feel more energetic.
Feel like I am coming back to life.

I had been taking morphine for 15 years for these problems!
I have kinda been like the walking dead that whole time.

I am so glad we both found our way to the suboxone!
So happy to hear it is helping you also.
👍

I’m taking suboxone now. I noticed that about 4mgs deals with the withdrawal symptoms and pain. It’s amazing how much better my stomach feels. I am not having diarrhea and I kept dinner down last night.

Yes I still have my GI appointment but they couldn’t get me in before Christmas and I’m still taking the amoxicillin that my pcp blindly threw at the problem. In the meantime I can sleep and eat more than half a piece of toast at one time.
Yeah. It really helps for stomach problems.
That is one of the reasons I liked opiates , they helped my stomach issues.
It is so nice not to have those and to be able to eat.
😁😁😁

Stomach hurts bad really.abundant of nerves endings.

I just got on suboxone also and it is helping for many things.
My appetite is back, my sex drive is kicking back in, depression is better, chronic back and leg pain feels better.
I feel more energetic.
Feel like I am coming back to life.

I had been taking morphine for 15 years for these problems!
I have kinda been like the walking dead that whole time.

I am so glad we both found our way to the suboxone!
So happy to hear it is helping you also.
👍
Wow, Painful, that is fantastic to hear, amiga mía!
It is allways a moral boost to know people can and do get better.
How soft or harsh the transition was? How long did you have to wait between your last M dose and your first sub one? Any precipitated wds?
I am very happy to know things are working for you! Pain is a long path in the desert, thanks our Lord for any oasis we may find.

Muchos besos❤lots of kisses

Wow, Painful, that is fantastic to hear, amiga mía!
It is allways a moral boost to know people can and do get better.
How soft or harsh the transition was? How long did you have to wait between your last M dose and your first sub one? Any precipitated wds?
I am very happy to know things are working for you! Pain is a long path in the desert, thanks our Lord for any oasis we may find.

Muchos besos❤lots of kisses
Thank you!❤️😁
Mucho Gracias.

Yeah, it went pretty smoothly.
I was out of morphine for 8 days, my doctor retired and I couldn’t find another one for awhile.
I was taking loperamide for days.
Then I got the suboxone and started on that, since I was in withdrawal already.

I am still getting used to it.
Trying to get stabilized.
Still having some withdrawal symptoms.
It is going pretty good though. 👍

Yes, I remember your doctor issue. How he left a message in his office phone for his patients and ran away... the good old doc, may God bless him🙄
Wow, 8 days only on lope have to be 8 long days.
But yes, girl, you will get stabilized soon.
Very good news, Painful.

I've been on Subs for over a decade and just last March I was hospitalized after my stomach wall tore all the way through and stomach acid was seeping into my body, then I got a near deadly infection, then a near fatal pneumonia. Guess it wasn't my year 😉. However, because of the horrible pain I was given pain meds. They sure didn't feel like they used to when I was using but they did make the pain toletable. Good luck to ya 🙏
By the way I'm A long time lurker first time poster so I apologize in advance if there are any faux pas I made!

Does suboxone work for pain? I’m having major stomach pain and nausea to the point that kratom won’t stay down and I’m having issues getting pain medicine (even short term). I did a Google search and found a suboxone clinic that says same or next day appointments. I’m tempted to just say bugger it and not tell them I’m really there because of pain. last night makes a week of 30 minutes of sleep each night. I’m going crazy. I went to my primary Dr yesterday who just suggested ibuprofen ( already maxing out each day)

The short answer is yes, definitely. I'm not going to bore you with all of the disclaimer stuff, but know that Buprenorphine, while somewhat different than most other common Opioids, is an Opioid and carries with it all of the same risks for addiction and dependence that any other Opioid would. A lot of Opioid users will say "meh, that stuff is nothing compared to Fentanyl" and they would basically be right. However, in the absence of stronger Opioids, Buprenorphine has been demonstrated to operate similar to Heroin in sociological and medical terms. Go on youtube and watch "Reindeer Spotting" it's a doc about a small town in Northern Finland in which the primary drug of abuse is Buprenorphine. It's traded and used just like Heroin would be. Interesting stuff.

Anyway, if you have no tolerance to Opioids, you want to start with a test dosage of no more than 0.5mg Buprenorphine. There is a significant variance from person to person in terms of how much Buprenorphine they can tolerate and as Opioids go, Buprenorphine is disproportionately more likely to produce nausea. Buprenorphine is also a long-acting Opioid, so if you get yourself in too deep, you could be there for a full 24 hours or more.

Start with this dosage, it's likely in the sweet spot for not being too much and also being enough to really show you what the drug is about and how it will effect you.

I regrettably didn't read your entire post before I started typing. I see you use Kratom (Mitragynine). I also now see that you used 4mg with good results. That's nothing to sneeze at. I've seen people go down with that 24 hour sickness at that dosage. Anyway, Buprenorphine is commonly used for pain. This isn't so much so in the United States, but in other countries it's employed frequently, usually as an injection called Buprenex, Anyway, keep track of yourself. Don't use any more than you have to or you'll find yourself in a position of greater tolerance that Kratom might not be able to match easily.

I might be totally wrong or maybe it's only illegal in CO. But I thought that buying kratom was illegal now....