• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Suboxone for 3.5 years, did Heroin for a week, Need to get back on suboxone

adhdrunsme858

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I was using suboxone for around 3.5 years and got very frusterated because it was so difficult to get off. I said screw it, and I started using Heroin again for the last 7 days. I used total in those 7 days around 2.5 grams. My question is I really want to get back on suboxone. And i have no idea how long I need to wait again to get back on. I know suboxones half life is super long, im not sure if even throughout the last week of heroin use some suboxone is still in my system? Should i wait a full 24 hours since my last Heroin use like they use to say back in the day? Im just really worried because I want to make sure I do NOT get Precip Withdrawls.....those are the absolute worst and I know if I got them I would just use more heroin to get rid of them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much. Also im new to this site! nice to meet all of you!

-A

Welcome to BL!

Just take it when it feels right, if you start to feel off. Subs will be most if not all out of your system in 7 days.

I wouldn't worry about precipitated withdrawal from 7 days use if you've been on subs for years before that. just take it when you start to feel wds.

you didn't mention what dose subs you take?

Thanks for the info! Um i have been taking anywhere from 2-4 MG twice a day for the past 3.5 years up until a week ago when i swapped back to black. SO would you rec waiting like 24 hours? longer? because i have a tendency to "feel" withdrawls mentally but they really prob arent there for like another 8-10 hours. A ton of this is mental for me. Thanks!

-A

I have to ask, are you from the US? is what you relapsed on even heroin or are fentanyl analogues in the picture?

Ya im from the US. and I am like 99% sure it was just regular old school black tar. it looked and smelled like reg old school black and def wasnt that strong at all...which is why im like 99% sure there was no fetty in this. also the person i got it from sold straight fetty and this......so i was offered fetty and specifically said no. but i mean this looked and smelled just like reg black tar. also like the amount i used...i feel like if there was fent in it i would of gotten WAYYYYY more fucked up then i did. im from socal. also how much suboxone would u rec i start back on when i decide to take it?

ah, yes I know tar well I'm from AZ and lived in socal too

anyways, I think you're overthinking it too much man, honestly

if you took 8mg/day before, maybe take a little more than that, then just get back on your regular schedule

it's not going to be like the first time you went through withdrawals after 7 days of heroin

If you've been using 2-4 mg for over 3 years with just a week's relapse on tar, my advice would be to give it a couple of days, maybe 48 hours, from last heroin use to starting subs again. You'll have to go at least a solid day in withdrawals. Although truthfully, bupe is such a long-acting drug you probably never got it completely out of your system and are probably safe anyway. I did go into precip. withdrawals myself once, though, and it was godawful. I'd never want to risk that again. And nothing would stop it--tried both methadone and Sub separately with no relief for about 12 hours.

I spent a couple of years trying to slowly taper off Sub a few years ago and failed. Went from 8 mg, my dose for 5 or 6 years, all the way down to .25 mg daily but couldn't get that last tiny bit away and knew I was going to go back to heroin or Oxy, so went back on Sub instead. That was a couple of years ago. I'm getting ready to go on Hospice for terminal emphysema and am hoping they will let me get off Sub and onto a real opiate. My pain isn't from my terminal condition, which apparently makes a difference, but morphine is what's used for severe shortness of breath at end-of-life COPD. Suboxone interferes with morphine (or anything else) but I really don't want to stay on Sub and have it interfere with pain control, but I also don't want to spend any of what is a very limited number of days I have left going through withdrawal, either. Frankly, if I'd known then what I know now, I don't know if I would have gone on Sub in the first place. It's really hard to get off, or at least it's proven to be that way for me. And I've almost never been on a dose higher than 8 mg. It's that last little bit of trying to get off it completely...

Isnt there another method I have read about...i forgot the name...that lets you like slowly micro dose your suboxone over like a 4-5 day period so your body kinda gets "used" to the precipated withdrawls and after 4-5 days...your off your opiate of choice and back on to sub with almost no precip withdrawl? I could be talking non sense here...but i thought i read up on it once where you like purposely used like .5mg of suboxone....then right when you started to feel the precipitated withdrawal you then went and immediately used a small amount of your opiate of choice to get yourself out of the precip withdrawal...and you just kept doing that, slowly increasing the amount of suboxone you used everyday while lowering the amount of heroin or fetty you used everyday to stop the precipitated withdrawlals. You did this for like 5-7 days and by the end you had so much suboxone into your system and your body got used to subs again...that you eventually would stop going into precip withdrawaler...and when that happened you u knew you didnt need to use your opiate of choice anymore because your body was fully on suboxone the "transfer" process from fetty or black to suboxone was complete. i know im botching this somehow...like this isnt exactly how this is done...but maybe someone familar with it could link me to the actual process thread or give me some tips on how to do this the correct way. i hope what i just rambled on about for 5 min makes sense to someone lol....maybe im just insane and this isnt an actual thing lol. anyway let me know! thanks

-a

You are pretty much on point with the slow induction, when I would do it I would take .25-.50mg twice a day and slowly bump it up to .50-1mg twice a day and continue to use H until I’m fully on the subs and just waisting money on the H cause there no effects

You are pretty much on point with the slow induction, when I would do it I would take .25-.50mg twice a day and slowly bump it up to .50-1mg twice a day and continue to use H until I’m fully on the subs and just waisting money on the H cause there no effects
Is there like an actual name for this method?

If you've been using 2-4 mg for over 3 years with just a week's relapse on tar, my advice would be to give it a couple of days, maybe 48 hours, from last heroin use to starting subs again. You'll have to go at least a solid day in withdrawals. Although truthfully, bupe is such a long-acting drug you probably never got it completely out of your system and are probably safe anyway. I did go into precip. withdrawals myself once, though, and it was godawful. I'd never want to risk that again. And nothing would stop it--tried both methadone and Sub separately with no relief for about 12 hours.

I spent a couple of years trying to slowly taper off Sub a few years ago and failed. Went from 8 mg, my dose for 5 or 6 years, all the way down to .25 mg daily but couldn't get that last tiny bit away and knew I was going to go back to heroin or Oxy, so went back on Sub instead. That was a couple of years ago. I'm getting ready to go on Hospice for terminal emphysema and am hoping they will let me get off Sub and onto a real opiate. My pain isn't from my terminal condition, which apparently makes a difference, but morphine is what's used for severe shortness of breath at end-of-life COPD. Suboxone interferes with morphine (or anything else) but I really don't want to stay on Sub and have it interfere with pain control, but I also don't want to spend any of what is a very limited number of days I have left going through withdrawal, either. Frankly, if I'd known then what I know now, I don't know if I would have gone on Sub in the first place. It's really hard to get off, or at least it's proven to be that way for me. And I've almost never been on a dose higher than 8 mg. It's that last little bit of trying to get off it completely...
Jesus I am so sorry to hear about all your health issues. Is there any chance this wont end up being end of life therapy for you? I cant even imagine what you must be going through. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you! I mean if your truly going into END of LIFE hospice...theres no way they wouldnt basically give you whatever you wanted right opiate wise? I mean at that point why wouldnt they just keep trying dif opiates until they found the best one that works on you. I seems insanely cruel if they wont just give you whatever opiate makes you feel the best at this point in your life. I really do appreciate the advice and again, I wish you the best of luck going forward and please know my thoughts and prayers will be with you! God speed and GL....whatever ends up happening i really do hope they keep you as comfortable as humnaly possible. Good luck and again, ill be praying for you!

-A

ah, yes I know tar well I'm from AZ and lived in socal too

anyways, I think you're overthinking it too much man, honestly

if you took 8mg/day before, maybe take a little more than that, then just get back on your regular schedule

it's not going to be like the first time you went through withdrawals after 7 days of heroin
Isnt there another method I have read about...i forgot the name...that lets you like slowly micro dose your suboxone over like a 4-5 day period so your body kinda gets "used" to the precipated withdrawls and after 4-5 days...your off your opiate of choice and back on to sub with almost no precip withdrawl? I could be talking non sense here...but i thought i read up on it once where you like purposely used like .5mg of suboxone....then right when you started to feel the precipitated withdrawal you then went and immediately used a small amount of your opiate of choice to get yourself out of the precip withdrawal...and you just kept doing that, slowly increasing the amount of suboxone you used everyday while lowering the amount of heroin or fetty you used everyday to stop the precipitated withdrawlals. You did this for like 5-7 days and by the end you had so much suboxone into your system and your body got used to subs again...that you eventually would stop going into precip withdrawaler...and when that happened you u knew you didnt need to use your opiate of choice anymore because your body was fully on suboxone the "transfer" process from fetty or black to suboxone was complete. i know im botching this somehow...like this isnt exactly how this is done...but maybe someone familar with it could link me to the actual process thread or give me some tips on how to do this the correct way. i hope what i just rambled on about for 5 min makes sense to someone lol....maybe im just insane and this isnt an actual thing lol. anyway let me know! thanks

-A

I dunno, if there isn’t it should be called the expensive sub induction tek
The Bernese Method. My wife and I tried it this week. It was effective for me, her, not so much. I’m not certain what happened. We got to the end of day two, no fentalogue (east coast powder is questionable at best these days) and were feeling better than I expected. Then my wife started vomiting. It would not stop. So, after 36 hours of puking, I scored her something to take the edge off. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow. I have NO CLUE why she had such an adverse reaction, but from my perspective the Bernese Method can be effective. .

Hey guys! I was using suboxone for around 3.5 years and got very frusterated because it was so difficult to get off. I said screw it, and I started using Heroin again for the last 7 days. I used total in those 7 days around 2.5 grams. My question is I really want to get back on suboxone. And i have no idea how long I need to wait again to get back on. I know suboxones half life is super long, im not sure if even throughout the last week of heroin use some suboxone is still in my system? Should i wait a full 24 hours since my last Heroin use like they use to say back in the day? Im just really worried because I want to make sure I do NOT get Precip Withdrawls.....those are the absolute worst and I know if I got them I would just use more heroin to get rid of them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much. Also im new to this site! nice to meet all of you!

-A
Sweat it off man, get ahold of some clonidine, lyrica/gabapentin, loperamide. Thst is the opioid withdrawal trifecta, I've used it many times throughout the past decade and have detoxed successfully many times. On the other side, attempting to get clean cold turkey I've only done it once on oxy and once on morphine(the only time I've experienced projectile vomitting. Dam I swear detoxing with these meds is a Godsend since thry make wd bareable, it still hurts, you're still cold but the intensity reduces by 60-70% Yah.
Better quit suboxone man, such a big waste of monehhhhh. It works better if you do a rapid taper and don't look back

The Bernese Method. My wife and I tried it this week. It was effective for me, her, not so much. I’m not certain what happened. We got to the end of day two, no fentalogue (east coast powder is questionable at best these days) and were feeling better than I expected. Then my wife started vomiting. It would not stop. So, after 36 hours of puking, I scored her something to take the edge off. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow. I have NO CLUE why she had such an adverse reaction, but from my perspective the Bernese Method can be effective. .
I mean your pretty much just slowly building up the amount of sub in your body until the bupe is the only think on the receptors from what I understand

I mean your pretty much just slowly building up the amount of sub in your body until the bupe is the only think on the receptors from what I understand
Yes. The best way I’ve heard it described is that you’re letting the bupe and fent be “roommates” on the receptors for a while. Instead of a straight up eviction process with federal Marshalls and shit. 😂 it worked ok for me so far.

Anyone have an actual link to the actual Bermanese Method? Or whatever it is called. Would be much appreciated. Thanks
-A