Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

suboxone film

Daz

Greenlighter
Hey there peeps I am reasonably new to bluelight and wanted to express my concerns regardin iv use of those orange 8mg suboxone strips used by atods as part of the opoid treatment program.Im not sure for certain they were responsible for what happened to me but I just want to express my concern.I just finished a 5 n a half year sentence for armed robbery during that peroid i injected the old subutext and suboxone tablets with next to no negative side affects but once released I went on the program 32mgs per day of the new film.I had dramas with using the same iv site for eg not being able to use the same vein after using it once or twice.Then my arm blew right out and ended up in hospital for a week having huge bags of antibiotics pumped through me a couple times a day.Apart from almost losing my arm they told me a clot had formed and my lead to stroke/heart attack or other cardiac complications not to mention shocking tooth decay after a very breif period.Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences ? Maybe the glue in it isnt water solouble ?

:?

Last edited:
i would avoid IVing these strips at all cost. you only have to take a look at the list of ingredients used in their make up - that's enough to put anyone off doing it.

if you're wanting to continue IVing subs do it with subutex - though i still don't recommend or promote this idea at all. bupe tablets are some of the worst pills that you can IV, say, in comparison to OC's, etc. they carry many risk that other pills don't. check out this Case Studies Thread for examples.

Hey Daz. What exactly do you get out of shooting bupe? Is it more a needle habit/fixation? Or are the effects actually that much better?

Were you shooting 32mg while inside? It's a pretty big dose, you'll get dry mouth which means tooth decay unless you're really on top of it (eg: chewing gum, drinking lots of water, you can get mouth spray at the chemist that stimulates saliva)

In my experiences too much bupe can actually be not as good as a lower dose. Just something to think about. If you google you'll find lots of people saying the same thing.

Has anyone find that using a lower dose of suboxone say aroung .5mg to 2mg is actually a better energy and also more enjoyable. I find that anything over 4mg is a waste. I also enjoy the fact that if I take a little benzo with it that it really mellows me out and I enjoy it better. I use to be on buprenex in the vials and would im it but a couple of times I did the main and I really couldn't tell the difference. Anyone looking for a nice mellow I would think that a lower dose definatley dose the trick over a higher dose and the ceiling effect. Anyone found this to be the same.

The strips will probably be the only way you can get buprenorphine as pharmacotherapy in Australia after June 2013. Given that - it's probably worth looking at the best harm reduction advice for people who intend to inject the strips, because it's going to happen.

Daz it sounds like your shots got massively contaminated. I know with the sublingual tablets this happened too - sometimes due to people scooping the tablets out of their mouths and then injecting them. If the strips are not sealed in their original packaging then using a 0.2um filter is the only way to remove bacterial and fungal contamination.

I don't know if the gel strips stuff up micron filters - they may well! As suggested above, smaller shots may work just as well due to the strange proerties of bupe. So a quarter of an 8mg strip might actually be worth your while, even though your regular daily dose is 32mg. Such a small amount of strip, dissolved in 2ml of cold water and micron filtered, MIGHT be a safer option for injecting..

Thoughts anyone?

^^ well opiophile seems to have a downpat system to injecting the strips

from reading that thread it would appear that the cellulose is water soluble. like CWE process lowering the temperature of the solution may help solidfy the cellulose and cause it to be filtered in your cotton/micon filters, which they suggest repeated passes.

that said there benefit to injecting bupe.

Also I just discovered the reason for this change. Apparently Reckitt is going to lose their exclusivity on the patent for bupe. Consequently they made up some bullshit that bupe tablets were dangerous to children thus requiring better security. In turn they developed the strips to save the children from um eating the tablets because you know, those strips could never be eaten by a kid..... (what they think we're idiots??) They then petition the FDA to ban bupe tablets. Without waiting for the FDA they went ahead and dropped the tablets and replaced with the strips.

IF the FDA agree the tablets are dangerous for kids then this would prevent the generic drug companies from producing bupe unless they too developed a oral strip....however considering that tech is patented, propriety, and requires human trials that just means a whole heap of barriers have been created to protect the revenue they make from addicts.

whats at stake? about $1.8b (18% of the entire companies revenue). fucking assholes. Makes you want to buy your drugs from Mexican cartels, almost more honest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/...ions-reckitt-benckiser-withdrawal-of-suboxone

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty fucked up. I remember talking to my pharmacist about it and she didn't believe that the strips were only invented to maintain the company's exclusive patent.

Ahh well, I'm not complaining. As foul as they taste, they aren't as bad as the tablets, and they dissolve faster/aren't as bulky in your mouth. Though why the hell they made them even as big as they are is beyond me, they could easily be 1/4 the size, which would be much better for the consumer (but then, I guess that wasn't a factor in their design).

OP, you need to do what others have said and look into obtaining micron filters. Injecting pharmaceuticals of any kind (even pills) is quite damaging without them, even if you don't feel the immediate effect. Call around at your local needle exchanges to find some.

Thanks for the link Chugs. Sounds like adding a couple of drops of ice water to the mix could help settle out the cellulose and improve filtering

The strips will probably be the only way you can get buprenorphine as pharmacotherapy in Australia after June 2013. Given that - it's probably worth looking at the best harm reduction advice for people who intend to inject the strips, because it's going to happen. ...

I did not know this, thanks ayjay! I knew there was going to be a date, wasn't entirely sure when. Tbh there really isn't any/much advantage (reduced BA, increased risk) to IV'ing bupe (let alone a Suboxone-complex) other then for those with a thing for needles! :\

....I know with the sublingual tablets this happened too - sometimes due to people scooping the tablets out of their mouths and then injecting them.....

8o Guh, a basic biology course will tell you the degree of microbes which lived in the mouth!

Yeah it's pretty fucked up. I remember talking to my pharmacist about it and she didn't believe that the strips were only invented to maintain the company's exclusive patent.

Ahh well, I'm not complaining. As foul as they taste, they aren't as bad as the tablets, and they dissolve faster/aren't as bulky in your mouth. Though why the hell they made them even as big as they are is beyond me, they could easily be 1/4 the size, which would be much better for the consumer (but then, I guess that wasn't a factor in their design).....

Shouldn't really be a surprise - normal pharma conduct is to "redesign" new complexes in order to re-patent (and make money. Down with Big-Pharma! *shakes fists in the air* lol)

Re size: probably for the same reason, idk say Panadol or even Xanax tablets are larger the (specifically) need be - usability and safety. :\

I have been injecting buprenorphine for around 6 years, not so much anymore. I have injected all of the preparations: Subutex, Suboxone and Suboxone Film. I find the film as easy if not easier to prepare than the tablets, though it does have a tendency to stick to the plunger when you're mixing it up. It pushes through a 0.22um micron filter just fine and I would advise anyone to use a micron filter when injecting bupe. I'm actually surprised that I am still healthy after the amount of bupe that I have consumed that has not been filtered properly.

A. <3