Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Suboxone & Amphetamines

4thDimension

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I was wondering if it is safe to use amphetamines whilst on Suboxone? I am on 32mgs Suboxone every 2 days. Thanks for any help or advice.

It should be fine. Some people may find the buprenorphine dulls the amphetamine, but if this is your maintenance dose and you are used to it you shouldn't notice anything drastic. :)

Thanks dude. I actually tried this combo last week and it was a very pleasurable experience. The speed just seemed to be so much smoother and a cleaner high. I just wanted to know if it was a dangerous combo.

^^ definitley not a dangerous combo. I actually got into ice from the years I was on bupe as the high of the ice was great as usual and when all my friends were coming down hard as fuck I just went of to the clinic and put a 8mg under my tongue. Then proceeded to feel frickin awesome as the comedown would be obliterated and the residual high from the ice would seem to come back and mix with the bupe and I would be high again for hours and drift of into a nice nod/sleep.

Still i'm very glad to be free of daily opiate use now though.

Hi guys, I was wondering if it is safe to use amphetamines whilst on Suboxone? I am on 32mgs Suboxone every 2 days. Thanks for any help or advice.
I know this is a drug related forum, but how come ur on Bupe when you are still taking other drugs? isnt the idea of Suboxone to get you clean from drugs?

I was on Suboxone for about 6 months for a codeine addiction and i never used while on it...i had a few slips where i used codeine but it didnt set out to use on purpose. Doesnt your clinic/chemist urine test you? mine would do it all the time and if i got caught they would kick me off the program for sure =/

Edit: As for your question, the bupe will only effect Opiots not meth so you will be fine!

^ The idea of suboxone is to clean up/maintain an opioid habit, occasional use of amphetamines doesn't neccessarily hinder this task, truth be told it might even help a little simply because as well as not having to face withdrawals the person still gets to enjoy a buzz every now and then.

^ The idea of suboxone is to clean up/maintain an opioid habit, occasional use of amphetamines doesn't neccessarily hinder this task, truth be told it might even help a little simply because as well as not having to face withdrawals the person still gets to enjoy a buzz every now and then.
Ah i see fair enough :), i couldnt risk it coz i get tested at every place ive went (Original bupe clinic, local chemist, Methadone clinic...so forth).

^^ maybe they increased the strictness on clinics/chemists as the ones I went to - multiple in ACT/NSW from 2001-2006 only had urine testing for people who needed takeaways. I mean for christ sakes if they tested everyone and the tests meant they could ban people's daily dose of bupe/done then 90% of the people would be banned as most ex hammer junkies still use other drugs... like duh?

Thanks. But I keep coming positive for amphetamine on drug tests. I've never touched the stuff and I do not take any other drugs that's been prescribed for my heart condition. I'm trying to get on the list for heart transplant and have an interview tomorrow. If amphetamine shows up again on my drug test I will not be eligible to get on the list. Is there anything anyone can suggest? I'm brand new to this site and I don't even know if I'm posting this to the correct forum. So I appolagise to anybody whom is receiving this in error.

Thanks. But I keep coming positive for amphetamine on drug tests. I've never touched the stuff and I do not take any other drugs that's been prescribed for my heart condition. I'm trying to get on the list for heart transplant and have an interview tomorrow. If amphetamine shows up again on my drug test I will not be eligible to get on the list. Is there anything anyone can suggest? I'm brand new to this site and I don't even know if I'm posting this to the correct forum. So I appolagise to anybody whom is receiving this in error.

I'd laugh if it weren't such a serious situation!

I'm going to take your word for it that you haven't been using amphetamines.

1. - What other meds are you taking? Any cold meds? Inform your doctor of ALL the medications you've taken.

2. - If it's a cheap test where the doctor dips a strip of paper into your urine - the testing kits he/she has could be expired (which can show false positive) For something so serious you'd expect a proper blood test I would have thought (request one if not...hell, DEMAND one! this is srs biz)

Only a very slight chance of this next one...but if you can't explain it any reasonable way - Have a significant other? Do they use speed/prepare it in your environment? Could they obtain some? This is very paranoid but prepare your own meals, get your own drinks, don't leave food/drink unattended where someone could feasibly add something to it. Do the obvious stuff first but if nothing explains it after a proper blood test and ruling out meds...what else could it be? Maybe a rogue Doctor trying to keep 'those damn druggies' off transplant lists? (I'm serious, ask to see another Doctor if it comes to that)

Good luck dude. Let us know how you go?

^No "pre-workout supplements"?
"Diet pills"?
(As mentioned...) cold and flu tablets?
Phenethylamines are present in lots of things - and though "drug test talk" is forbidden here, it is worth thinking about what you consume/d that could cause a false positive for amphetamine.

It seems overly paranoid to blame contamination/error in the lab....but if youve definitely not taken any of the above, or mescaline, MDMA, any 2c-x research chems or anything of the like (ephedra in Chinese medicine???) then you'd have to assume false negative for some other reason.
Do you eat heaps of dark chocolate or cocoa powder? I imagine stims are the last thing you'd wanna mess with with such a serious hearty condition.
All the best man - as Christ! says - please let us know how you go.
Good luck!