Study: AAS may Accelerate Functional Recovery from Tendon Rupture

Are you referring to a statement from Peter Van Mol (Big Cat).. Where he describes nandrolones estrogenic response via AR:

I remember that discussion. I'm a little dubious about estren being responsible for the oestrogenic sides of nandrolone. In so far as it's a metabolite, it's pretty minor and appears to convert back to nandrolone very rapidly. The idea that nandrolone activates oestrogen response elements (ERE) through the AR seems very credible though.

But in either case I don't think either estren or nandrolone's ERE effects via AR could entirely account for the joint effects we notice, otherwise we'd expect the metabolism of test > aromatase > estradiol to have the stronger effect. In other words, it's unlikely to be entirely about oestrogenic activity.

Yeh.. disappointing being constrained by injury(s).. It definitely seems to restrict future growth potential (if I have any at my age).. I've found keeping weights low on some exercises whilst performing eccentric to a 4-6 count is my best option, to avoid further reoccurring injuries...

Seems like you're doing the right thing mate, eccentrics are definitely the best way to go for the tendon.

Are you referring to a statement from Peter Van Mol (Big Cat).. Where he describes nandrolones estrogenic response via AR:

Yes yes that's what I was referring to. My mistake. So in a sense it could cause estrogenic response in more pathways than test which could maybe work in synergy to produce more fluid?

Yes yes that's what I was referring to. My mistake. So in a sense it could cause estrogenic response in more pathways than test which could maybe work in synergy to produce more fluid?

I don't think it's all about oestrogen as said above, probably also the involvement of PR and others. Don't forget that 1 + 1 = 3 when it comes to upstream gene activation - ie you develop synergistic effects from simultaneous activation of different receptors (and possibly response elements). But also nandrolone is something of a SERM (for ERb) - ERb activation often blocks the effects of ERa. So it gets pretty complex on a cycle bearing in mind that oestrogenic compounds affect ERa/ERb in different ratios with consequently divergent outcomes.

Last edited: