• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stroke? or psyching myself out?

keysersoze21

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post! I tried to read the rules as thoroughly as I could, so I hope I don't say anything wrong.

A month ago, I dropped an unknown amount of very good LSD in which i experienced what I thought to be the beginning of a stroke when I peaked. Right side of my face would start drooping, twitching, going numb and tingly. (I also had severe muscle cramps and stomach pain, which I have yet to figure out why but different story.) I would also notice I'd start sucking on the inside of my mouth every 5 mins or so which in the past has been an indicator to me that my brain isn't getting enough oxygen? Not entirely sure what that is. I also ate 5 morning glory seeds (LSA) the morning prior to this trip.

Anyway, ever since that trip Ive been experimenting with cocaine, Tussionex (hydrocodone syrup), xanax, and vyvanse. The xanax, tussionex, and vyvanse have been a daily thing, i stopped the cocaine 2 weeks ago. I have been drinking small amounts of alcohol with these as well, never had any problems as Ive been using these on & off for 6 years...until now. Anytime I use anything other than cannabis i start to experience the facial numbness and tingling. It's becoming annoying and slightly concerning.

Another thing I'd like to add is that my mother recently had a couple TIAs (minor strokes) and her symptoms completely match with mine, however she is completely sober - does not even drink...my symptoms only occur when I use something other than cannabis. I'm wondering if this is just a crazy manifestation of placebo effect or if I should go get checked out.

Last edited:
Go to see a doctor and tell him or her the symptoms that you are getting, which drugs you use or have used in the past, your family history with strokes, and how often you use those drugs. I moved this to healthy living for you.

Hi, it's hard to say what might have happened when you took that LSD. I had a scary incident like that a few years ago but was not using drugs. (The doctors assumed it was a transient attack) What I would do is abstain from using stimulants. If the symptoms keep coming back, definitely get checked out. How long have you been taking Xanax daily for? It can be dangerous to quit benzos cold turkey. I'm going to move this to Healthy Living. Welcome to Bluelight!

Cocaine is well known to cause vasospasm leading to stroke and hear attack. LSD can have some unpredictable vascular effects as well. Very bad idea to combine cocaine and serotonergics. You may have had a TIA from it. It also could have been a facial nerve palsy. Neither should give long term damage, but, yea, stop combing stimulants and psychedelics.