Strange, obscure, outsider music

King Trigger was a short-lived British new wave band formed in 1981 out of the ashes of the punk band The Scoop. They combined elements of heavy, percussive African rhythms, post-punk funk, and a Bo Diddley beat, garnering them some comparisons to peers such as Bow Wow Wow, Pigbag, Adam and the Ants, and The Pop Group. They were signed to Chrysalis Records and released the EP "Temptation" in 1982, produced by Steve Lillywhite, quickly followed by their largest UK hit "River." In 2007, Chrysalis released the full-length anthology "The Screaming."

The band members were:
Trudi Baptiste on piano and vocals;
Martyn Clapson on guitar and vocals;
Ian Cleverly on percussion;
Sam Hodgkin on vocals;
Stuart Kennedy on bass and vocals.

Blaze Foley was homeless pretty much his entire adult life. Was murdered by a gunshot wound to the stomach. A feature film about his life called Blaze came out a few years ago, directed by Ethan Hawke. But I still consider his music to be obscure.

I really love the remakes of so much of his stuff. John Prine as well as the Avett Brothers while I’m sure a host of others did:

clay pigeons

Very nice. I miss John Prine so much. I miss guy Clark, Warren zevon, Leon Russell - so many.

Here’s the original Clay Pigeons by Blaze Foley:

Something that sounds new and fresh, not really strange but I think it fits. I like the development of music atm, aside from all this autotune pop and rap business.