• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Strange experience coming down from Oxycodone last week

bluesteyes

Bluelighter
I currently take 10mg to 20mg of Oxycodone per day for pain issues. However, every once in awhile I will take 55mg at once for not only pain relief but to get some euphoria.

Anyway, two times last week I took 55mg. After coming down from the high, I experienced something that I have never experienced before. I became extremely irritable and found people to be annoying. Just the sound of a human voice was enough for me to get irritated. I had to turn off the TV. Going into the grocery store to buy some food was a real chore. I tried to be courteous to people, but I just couldn't wait to get out of there.

The other experience I had is that I felt very anxious and desperate. Every personal problem that I have in my life became amplified, and I had this feeling of just being overwhelmed by everything.

In other words, my experiences were the extreme opposite of being under the influence of Oxy at a high dosage. The irritation and anxiousness eventually wore off, but it was truly a bizarre experience.

I mention this because this is not my usual experience. In the past, the come down from this drug has been quite nice. Even after the high wore off, I felt at peace, kind of sociable, etc. I have been taking Oxy regularly for the past 4 months, but all of a sudden, the come down from this drug at non-prescribed dosages has just totally changed.

If anything positive has come from the experiences I had last week, it's made me very reluctant to "abuse" this medication, even if I am disciplined with how much I abuse it.

Has anyone had similar experiences while taking Oxycodone or other opiates??

I have been around people who have truly been dope sick, and my experience was nowhere near what they went thru. I had no other symptoms than what I described. No body aches, no nausea, etc. Again, I only use 55mg once or twice per week and almost never on consecutive days. Other days I take it as prescribed....sometimes only 10mg per day. And the anxiousness and irritability didn't last that long. But it did suck, and I agree, it's kind of a taste of what could happen if I get truly addicted.

Dope sick isn't full blown withdrawal, but any symptoms upon discontinuation of medication. You went through minor withdrawals and if you though that was too much you better stop using opiates ASAP

The opiate rage! Idk what causes it but after about a year of using, 3 or 4 hours after snorting oxy I would turn into irritable prick it's not withdrawal it's just coming down..doesn't happen all the time and I find that a nice light meal and a glass of water helps a little bit..

Last edited:
From my experience opiates often made me quite irritable, especially higher doses. I just didn't have the patience to deal with other people. This doesn't sound like withdrawal, just typical opiate induced irritability

Also, to the OP when you say you are "disciplined" with how you abuse opiates know that everyone who got addicted started out as disciplined (for the most part.) My suggestion to you if you do continue to abuse opiates is set limits - in writing or some way you will remember them.. Such as only abusing them twice per week and never on consecutive days. As soon as you find yourself breaking these rules - which is almost always the case for long term opiate chipping, realize you are already a ways down the road toward addiction.

I chipped for years before it finally caught up with me. I hope this isn't the case for you and wish you the best.

Last edited:
I get the same thing and have as soon as I started using my prescribed dose. Anytime I took a higher dose I would get extremely irritable and sometimes still do even on lower dose. It happened a lot when I first started taking them.