• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

strange attraction to wanting to try H for the first time....

sgtseedy

Greenlighter
Hi all!,

avid reader of Bluelight but don't post that often! .....

I'm a 25 year old dude, steady full time government job with a relatively peachy life!... my drug use consists mostly of weed, pills, benzo's and other pharms which I like to dable with from time to time and don't have any addiction to any of them.

As of late I've gotten this growing urge to try out H. News is flying around that Perth (which is where I live) currently has some reasonable quality H (by Australian standards) flying around. I'm not sure where this urge has come from but I'm keen to try it out!.

my question for the forum;

Is this spark of interest in H an incredibly stupid idea? or if played safe can I manage my use on H in a responsible way?

cheers

No one can say really. I used heroin less than 10 times a year for many years before I developed an addiction. But I did, eventually and it's fucked. But certainly not everyone will, I'd advise against it if you've ever formed a habit (daily) out of smoking weed or taking benzos/pharms.. But if you've never developed a habit to anything else, despite experimenting plenty, maybe you'll be fine. It's not like the odds are stacked so high against you, it's just that if you *do* form an addiction, it *will* destroy your life. So, it is a huge gamble.

Is this spark of interest in H an incredibly stupid idea? or if played safe can I manage my use on H in a responsible way?

I've always maintained that you shouldn't use opiates unless you're ok with the idea of ending up an addict. Sure, not everyone does (although imo the kind of person who already uses recreational drugs and is going out of their way to seek the drug out has a much higher chance), but the chance is high enough that it isn't worth the risk. More or less every single addict out there started out thinking they would "use responsibly," and for a while they thought they were using responsibly (which is especially tricky, because the moment you think you have it under control is the moment you can justify to yourself stepping things up), until one day they realized they weren't.

The number of people who seek out strong opiates for recreational use and then go on to use them without ever experiencing addiction is pretty damn small - and mostly consists of people who try the drug and just don't enjoy it. It's a lose/lose - you spend your money, you either have a bad time, get sick, or just don't enjoy the buzz, and your money was wasted, or you love it, you most likely end up addicted at some stage and undergo all that's associated with an opiate addiction.

Furthermore, whether you become an addict has very little to do with "playing it safe," imo certain people just have a psychological inclination towards addiction to certain drugs. You can make all the rules and guidelines for your future use in the world, but if the drug hits the right spot, then you'll make excuses to break those rules just as quickly.

That's my 2c anyway. Everyone told me the same thing when I started and I ignored it, like most people do, and I ended up addicted, like most people do. The fact that you've come here to post and ask whether using heroin is a good idea says to me that you know it isn't a good idea, that you want to do it anyway and you're just hoping people will validate that decision for you.

Be very careful, my affinity towards opiates slowly developed after reading literature and loving the endorphins of exercise. I got sick of aus love for stims and then realised hey, why not get to know a substance that doesnt alter your psyche and leaves a pleasant afterglow the day after? So from cwe to the odd bag of heroin, I can honestly say this drug will wreak havoc if I dont keep it in check. Theres always talk about physical dependence, but that pleasant, soft pillow of opiates will stick in your mind for a very long time, if not forever.

Be very careful, my affinity towards opiates slowly developed after reading literature and loving the endorphins of exercise. I got sick of aus love for stims and then realised hey, why not get to know a substance that doesnt alter your psyche and leaves a pleasant afterglow the day after? So from cwe to the odd bag of heroin, I can honestly say this drug will wreak havoc if I dont keep it in check. Theres always talk about physical dependence, but that pleasant, soft pillow of opiates will stick in your mind for a very long time, if not forever.

you've summed up my intrigue into opiates, especially H.... my generation is all about the stims and I can honestly say that I'm over it. I want to have that ultimate pleasure not the rush and that is what is drawing me to H. You're point is duly noted smokedup. I may reconsider desire for this drug...

All I can say is IV H... OD. Didn't die but didn't shoot H again. Have in the past had a smoke, maybe once a year or 2nd year, of 0.1 g or so. I don't like scratching myself raw though. Even Phenergan didn't help all that much. I'd rather do MXE any day over H. Not happening though it's been almost 3-4 weeks sober! Not counting though I did that before, even marked them off on a calender. At week 5 I though "yeah I got a handle on it". Week 5 didn't end for quite a few months...

a few simple pearls;
# if you are looking for the ultimate high......... do drugs less often (they work better when you take them less).
# dont mix drugs, either same class or dfferent- combinations lead to more problems & higher risk OD/death (think; benzos + alcohol + opioids)
# pleasure derived from drugs is transient and short lived (unless existential experience occurrs- good/bad/psychotic drug experiences)
# if you are looking to not get addicted to substances- do life and make life so engaging that you wont compromise it for drugs.
# if you are going to centralise your life around hedonistic pleasure & drugs; be prepared that you may get addicted or behavioually train yourself to only expect pleasure through synthetic means. sytnetic pleasure also changes out perception & experience of daily pleasure expectancies.
# if you are going to do them, know as much as you can about them and have a set of values about how you do those substances- set yourself a goal/plan; max times per year, a ritual about how you will celbrate/enjoy that experience. if you start compromising on this taking things more often than you should start missing important things, work, school family stuff its time to stop and put it down.
# do some active harm reduction techniques; such as pill testing, doing stuff with others, start slow, have friends looking out for you, have an incase of emergecy plan which includes consent to call emergency services.

Heroin has a addction liability of 1:4. which means that with no other predisposing factors 1 in 4 people exposed to it will go on to develop dependence. ( i put the link in to the book i got that stat from) but this doesnt account to other variabilities or succeptabilites such as personal or family history of addiction which reduces the odds further 1:2 or even less.
route of administration will also change the dependence liability-
IV fastest come up, shorter duration overall- leads to redosing patterns usually,
smoking highest blood plasma concentration at brain but slower to come up and slower to leave,
per oral injestion long lead time, less hit long leave.

few other things to consider which people do not is the cross tolerence effcets of other drugs in similar classes- sur you are a regular daily drinker 4-6 beers night, benzos & pharms on weekend, codiene when has headaches.
these can also have cross tolerence effects meaning that they contribute to the development of taste or specific CNS depressant appetite to opioids, benzos, alcohol hpefully not all three together!
also there are time specific factors that get people into trouble later on such as stress and emotional distress where people with low coping may lean towards using CNS depressants for coping and end up in a hole.

Last edited:
It's often argued the euphoria felt from heroin shouldn't be felt by humans ever. There's no turning back once you've experienced it and you will always want to do it again. The first time most people don't have the right dose and feel quite sick or don't feel the effects very well. So then you become more determined to do it again to get the high you've heard about. Then you like it and want to do it again because you enjoyed it so much, and so on. Heroin is not a recreational drug. Also remember heroin has been around for over a hundred years and isn't going anywhere. There is always good H getting around if you look for it so don't rush into making a decision to try it. It really is a bad idea IMO. STAY STRONG.

I think you'll probably be disappointed. It isn't THAT good. Nothing like in train-spotting or how its depicted in most movies.

I wouldn't bother with it.

If you do - mix it with nothing else (no downers) - have a trusted sober(ish) friend with you.

Thats the problem, its just pleasant and keeps you feeling fulfilled, satisfied and warm. Theres no extreme change in the way you go about your day. Your you, but with a soft glow that follows you round throughout the day as you go about your business.

For me, this is THAT good. But I understand what you mean, there is no extreme, out and out euphoria. But for some who lead a fulfilling life, this is precisely all you want out of a substance.

Thats the problem, its just pleasant and keeps you feeling fulfilled, satisfied and warm. Theres no extreme change in the way you go about your day. Your you, but with a soft glow that follows you round throughout the day as you go about your business.

For me, this is THAT good. But I understand what you mean, there is no extreme, out and out euphoria. But for some who lead a fulfilling life, this is precisely all you want out of a substance.

I have a lot of friends that either currently IV heroin or used to and the ones i've questioned about it say that there is, atleast in the beginning a huge rush of pleasure and contentment. I've smoked it twice now and both times have been pretty average. I definitely enjoyed it, got a nice nod due to benzo potentiation but I wouldn't say it's any better than 30 - 40mg of oxy. I'm not too fond of opiates but I'm surprised to hear someone say that heroin doesn't have a rush. Do you IV?

Not an iv user of course, oral oxys and insufflated heroin. Im talking about the lingering feeling. I understand what your saying about it being glorified in lit and films as the be all and end all.

I was in pretty much in a similar situation to you. I had tried a lot of different drugs but never H and I really wanted to know what it would feel like.

I grabbed a couple of points of good smokable H off silk road. This was a number of months ago

It's probably not something I would try again. I don't have an opiate tolerance and I found the nausea and dizziness way outweighed the positive effects.

I probably came out lucky on this given the horror that an addiction like that would cause. Spend your money on something more fun.

It's probably not something I would try again. I don't have an opiate tolerance and I found the nausea and dizziness way outweighed the positive effects.

I probably came out lucky on this given the horror that an addiction like that would cause. Spend your money on something more fun.

Getting sick and dizzy the first time, not really enjoying it and not doing it again for months is a surprising start to many life-long addictions. It's great stuff like that.

I had the same inclination a year or so again and lucked into getting some opioids. Oxy and dilaudid. It was fantastic and loved it. Didn't touch anything until recently when I got some meth. I had done speed 10 years ago but nothing like the rush of The opioids.

I hear that smack is easy to source in Perth where I live but seems hard to find to me. Not trying to illicit a connection just explaining my situation. Probably do a bit more meth for a while and that will do me for a bit. Still would love to feel the rush again.

How did others go hooking up and trying for the first time.

Fyi I only IV.

cheers

The most recent two additions to the Shrine here on Bluelight were both experienced users, both longtime Bluelighters and both under thirty years old. Just spend a couple of days reading the threads in The Dark Side and Sober Living to see the extent of opiate addiction (usually starting out with pilss and going to H but still relevant). Read all the stories and check out how many of them start with "I was always able to control my use". Why take the gamble? You have by your own description a good life. Why risk throwing that away over a mere "spark of interest"?

If I were to use any opiates again I would make sure to only snort or swallow them and to not repeat the experience within a twelve month period. I do not recommend that you use opiates.