• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"Strain-iation"

bbing

Greenlighter
I would like to start a discussion that i believe has the greatest impact on cannabis efficacy; strain variation. I have seen many discussions including research protocol that don't seem to account for impacts strain variation has on effect. We can talk THC, CBD, CBDN, CBN and any other cannibinoid till the cows come home, but it is my suspicion there are dealing with a great many compounds and interactions from other terpenoids that may be triggering, synergistic, or even antagonistic.

Its sexy and easy to focus on primary active compounds that has every grower/breeder wanting to impress a canna neophyte clamoring its the "CBDs, CBDs,CBDs,CBDs". Any long term user who has the experience of trying many different strains will be able to confirm that it just isnt a matter or indica or sativa, or THC or CBD ratios. For everytime there is correlation it is my guess that there are just as many that do not correlate.

We should have enough anecdotal data and gc/tlgc to provide a cannibinoid profile that I believe will show; its not "Ju Ju" its the "house of Ju Ju". I know from from years of breeding cannabis, that even in the most stable filial cross's, your bound to find something that has all the characteristics thc/cbd profiles and appears the same in every way, but completely different effect....And those can often be profound and contribute to the quality, tone, and appropriateness for use as medicine.

I suspect when we say "cannabis" we are actually refering millions of different compound combinations that have as many different results.

Sedative sativas, energetic indicas, anxiety producing polyhybrids ,as well as calming ones are all possible.

I would support this based on my own personal and clinical observations; however, i would also point out that attempts to isolate cannabis compounds, dont seem to produce the array and depth of effect than that of smoked cannabis.

My guess is terpene(s) combinations combined with converted CBDN produce a more complete array of effect.
I haven't personally smoked alot of really active cannabis that didn't have a distinctive aromatic bouquet. I have, but it seems to be less common and the exception more than the rule.