• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stopping oxycodone in 2 days Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cduggles

Bluelight Crew
I've taken oxycodone for 5+ years for medical reasons. I don't snort or shoot it up. I tapered to 80mg and stalled with severe withdrawal symptoms, including panic attacks, RLS, and severe headaches. I and my doctors want to discontinue it over a week, starting in 2 days.
I've read a lot here that has been helpful. I'm hoping to post as I go for additional advice and encouragement. I'm somewhat lost doing this.
After reading, I'm fortunate to have these: alprazolam, clonazepam, gabapentin (limited), baclofen, clonidine, loperidine (OTC Imodium), dicyclomine, mirtazepene
I have a high tolerance to benzodiazepines, about the equivalent of 3mg/day.
Here are some questions.
1. Instead of taking more benzos, would clonidine, baclofen, dicyclomine and loperidine be a good day combination? I'm thinking the first two for anxiety and RLS/twitching. Dicyclomine and loperidine are for my very weak stomach.
2. Mirtazapene helps me sleep. Which other meds will help get me through the night?
I have horrible insomnia but I'm scared after reading about drug interactions here that kill you in your sleep!!
3. Do any of these meds help with vomiting? it's a difficult thing because I can't run to the bathroom.
4. Is the diarrhea so bad that I should get adult diapers? Is there some warning?
5. Any suggestions for food/drinks besides bananas and lots of water?
6. Anything else? Dosages for HR if okay would be great
I know many of you have done this. I'm so scared because my taper suddenly went so nightmarish and I've read some scary things here. I'll do whatever it takes, and I hope you'll help me get through it because I really need support. Thanks!

Pretty upset no one got to this... -.- Hope all is well, I can't comment due to lack of knowledge but there's alot of online resourses.

Try to get lyrica,the nr1 withdrawl aid, otherwise phenibut was very usefull for me. There is als kratom, if you can't get that get immodium, enough threads on here about that. Other comfort meds are clonidine for the cold and hot flashes, and valium forum sleep. Those 2 with lyrica are your best bet. Also taper a bit more, the lower you can get the less intense the withdrawls will be.

I would want to be switched to a longer acting opiate during the last 3 days. DC'ing this med over a week is way to quick. I would say two weeks at the least. The last 3-4 days i would try to get switched to an extended release low dose oxycodne product or even to ER morphine or ER codeine. I would not stop at a dose any higher then 10 mg oxy per day. Above that and whats the point of tapering in the first place. 30 mg of oxycodone stopped cold turkey after habituation can make you really sick. Now if you have only been on these meds for under 6 months then a really quick taper to 10 mg of oxy over 7-10 days may be doable.

Slower tapers and lower the dosage once DC'd has been studied to be more effective for people to stay off opiates long term. Fast strong acute detoxes have been studied to have poorer outcomes. You can also up the immodium dose to about 12 mg per 24 hours to help with WD's and taper it from there. Do not do more then the recommended immodium dose if you have heart related problems. Why the requirement for a fast 7 day taper apposed to at least two weeks? I found gabapentin more helpful then benzos and slightly less physically and mentally addictive. Clonadine is also really helpful for not only acute symptoms but cravings as well.

Last edited:
Cduggles, please don't make identical posts! We've all done our best to respond both on the boards and in private messages. You could end up with both threads being closed as duplicates, which would put you back to square one.

I've taken oxycodone for 5+ years for medical reasons. I don't snort or shoot it up. I tapered to 80mg and stalled with severe withdrawal symptoms, including panic attacks, RLS, and severe headaches. I and my doctors want to discontinue it over a week, starting in 2 days.
I've read a lot here that has been helpful. I'm hoping to post as I go for additional advice and encouragement. I'm somewhat lost doing this.
After reading, I'm fortunate to have these: alprazolam, clonazepam, gabapentin (limited), baclofen, clonidine, loperidine (OTC Imodium), dicyclomine, mirtazepene
I have a high tolerance to benzodiazepines, about the equivalent of 3mg/day.
Here are some questions.
1. Instead of taking more benzos, would clonidine, baclofen, dicyclomine and loperidine be a good day combination? I'm thinking the first two for anxiety and RLS/twitching. Dicyclomine and loperidine are for my very weak stomach.
2. Mirtazapene helps me sleep. Which other meds will help get me through the night?
I have horrible insomnia but I'm scared after reading about drug interactions here that kill you in your sleep!!
3. Do any of these meds help with vomiting? it's a difficult thing because I can't run to the bathroom.
4. Is the diarrhea so bad that I should get adult diapers? Is there some warning?
5. Any suggestions for food/drinks besides bananas and lots of water?
6. Anything else? Dosages for HR if okay would be great
I know many of you have done this. I'm so scared because my taper suddenly went so nightmarish and I've read some scary things here. I'll do whatever it takes, and I hope you'll help me get through it because I really need support. Thanks!

I have been addicted to fentanyl for 8 years now. I know the ins and outs of home detoxing like the back of my hand, and you have done your research. I am happy you have your doctors support and that they are willing to work with you on this, but i just wanted to mention that sometimes a guy needs to work outside the box.

Try this taper, give it your all, I'm pretty sure it will work for you.

The best success I have had getting off of Fentanyl was Ketamine Cessation. Ketamine stimulates your opiate receptors, so the entire craving process is eliminated. As much as I hate ketamine, especially s-isomer, it helped me through a one week cold turkey detox. I stayed sober with no ketamine, only medicinal marijuana, for 2 months. Just recently relapsed unfortunately so I'm back at zero. I know this is a harm reduction forum and you're all going to jump on me for this post but put yourself in my shoes...

after 8 years of being a slave to the devil, I would give all four limbs to get this monkey off of my back.

in short, get off of this shit before it takes your soul.

I was too but I posted in another forum and messaged a moderator who I guess encouraged another moderator to help. And thanks I really appreciate your post.

Thanks everyone for replying. I'm doing great and I apologize for posting on another thread. I had read it was a better place for noobs to post and I was scared. Hope you understand.

I'm in Basic Drug Discussion and can use all the support I can get. Again please forgive the multiple post!

Status
Not open for further replies.