• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stoner alert: Rohto eye drops recalled

arctica

Bluelighter
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/...tyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm382097.htm

Rohto Eye Drops - Mentholatum: Recall - Sterility Control Review

[Posted 01/17/2014]
AUDIENCE: Consumer, Pharmacy

ISSUE: The Mentholatum Company announced a voluntary recall of Rohto Arctic, Rohto Ice, Rohto Hydra, Rohto Relief and Rohto Cool eye drops. The recall was initiated due to a manufacturing review at the production facility in Vietnam involving sterility controls. To date, there has been no evidence indicating that product does not meet specifications.

BACKGROUND: The products are sold nationwide over-the-counter at pharmacies and retail stores. This recall includes only lots of product that were manufactured in Vietnam. This recall affects Rohto Arctic, Rohto Ice, Rohto Hydra, Rohto Relief and Rohto Cool eye drops that were made in Vietnam only, which can be identified by the words "Made in Vietnam" on the side carton panel under the company name and address information, as well as on the back label of the bottle. The lot numbers for products made in Vietnam will include the letter "V," for example, "Lot 3E1V," and will be located on the bottom panel of the carton, and on the bottom of the eye drop bottle.

RECOMMENDATION: The Mentholatum Company is notifying its distributors and retailers by letter to stop distribution and follow instructions in the recall letter. Consumers that have recalled product should contact the company for instructions. Questions about this recall may be directed to The Mentholatum Company Customer Service Department at 1-877-636-2677 Monday – Friday 9 AM to 5 PM (EST).

My Rohto Ice drops do appear to have been made in Vietnam, though the only thing on the bottle that could be a lot number is LE006301, which doesn't seem to jive with their lot numbering scheme. I'm not too worried as it appears that nobody is going blind yet, but worth a look if you're a Rohto enthusiast.

basic drug discussion is for drug specific harm reduction question. your post either belongs in drugs in the media or cannabis discussion.

basic drug discussion -> cannabis discussion

My Roto "Ice" drops were manufactured in Vietnam as well. Not very worried, but will stop use. I actually may just follow through with contacting company.

Lol rohto's fucking suck, they're no more effective than visine or clear eys and they makes your eyes uncomfortably cold to the point where it burns your eyes to open them, they were just a dumb teen fad in my area for a while until people realized there's no reason to not not just buy clear eyes. It doesn't surprise me that a facility in vietnam would produce a product with sterility issues.

Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief. The best. Rohtos were great for me in the mornings or whenever my eyes were dry(99%) and red from smoking weed. But they eventually stopped working. Clear eyes on the other hand, never stops working.

I simply call them the "Green cap" or "silver cap" and I used to use them a lot until I started using Opcon A but now I just use whatever is cheapest which is usually Clear Eyes. I used to just steal eyedrops all the time when id get my car air fresheners but I just felt like a pothead stealing about 3.50 worth of liquid.

NOOOOOO! oh my god, when I first started smoking frequently those things were THE BEST. I can't use them anymore now that I wear contacts instead of glasses but still...I'm sad that all the future little stoners may not have that eye-tingling experience.

Oooooo minty eyes.

First time i used these. My friends were like, this is acid. I was like the drug? they were like no, like real acid. Put it in yoru eyes. I'm like what? then used it. and was like shit. i just actualy put acid in my eye.

Then they felt delicious.

RIP rhotos. I love you and also saw u in the store recently. <3

is this like newports probably where they have lots in warehouses and will be around for awhile? Who knows..