• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stomache issues

its not psychosomatic in the sense that i usually hear people describe things as psychosomatic- stress has loads of physiological effects.

you are right, you'd think it would be getting better if it was that, so its good a doctor is looking at it and taking it seriously.

when are you getting your hiv/hepatitis test? will be good to rule anything like that out.

When you mention having issues with dairy and buttery things, my first thought is that you may be lactose intolerant.

Have you ever tried Lactaid? There’s Lactaid milk, but what I’m talking about is Lactaid pills. You take one prior to eating foods that contain Lactose, the sugar contained in dairy-based foods. People who are lactose intolerant get diarrhea after eating dairy-based foods. They don’t make, or don’t make a suitable amount of Lactase. If this is your issue, Lactaid pills will change your life. I’d certainly give this a try.

I think seeing your gastroenterologist is important, regardless of how your body responds to Lactaid pills. HIV is not a disease that comes to mind based on your symptoms. There are a whole quiver of conditions that could be causing your symptoms that are independent from diseases that are sexually transmitted.

Got some real cannabis and its much more medicinal than delta 8. Thats the only thing that's really changed, that I guess *could* be causing it, is i switched to delta 8 like 6 months ago. I doubt it though.

When you mention having issues with dairy and buttery things, my first thought is that you may be lactose intolerant.

Have you ever tried Lactaid? There’s Lactaid milk, but what I’m talking about is Lactaid pills. You take one prior to eating foods that contain Lactose, the sugar contained in dairy-based foods. People who are lactose intolerant get diarrhea after eating dairy-based foods. They don’t make, or don’t make a suitable amount of Lactase. If this is your issue, Lactaid pills will change your life. I’d certainly give this a try.

I think seeing your gastroenterologist is important, regardless of how your body responds to Lactaid pills. HIV is not a disease that comes to mind based on your symptoms. There are a whole quiver of conditions that could be causing your symptoms that are independent from diseases that are sexually transmitted.
It *seems* avoiding dairy helps, but I still have issues regardless, it also seems like avoiding bread could help, so it might be in my head. Oily food certainly aggrevates it just as much as alcohol. My shit is not quite diarrhea, I mean i guess it is but not entirely watery, but comes out like a pile of bear shit, totally unformed. Usually a big glob of it might get stuck on the toilet.

Thinking about your mention that oily food aggravates the situation made me now think of 1 organ.
The Gallbladder supplies bile that helps break down fatty foods. If your gallbladder is obstructed by gallstones, infected or not working as efficiently as it can, diarrhea, as well as abdominal pain ensues. The pain is generally felt at the point where your ribs form an upside down V.

I found this info re: gallbladder issues on the John Hopkins University website.

I’m having some issues posting pics, so I’ve copied the info and took the opportunity to try out some of Bluelight’s BB Codes for the 1st time, to make the sentence look pretty.

...Symptoms of chronic gallbladder disease include complaints of gas, nausea, abdominal discomfort after meals and chronic diarrhea...

Mine seem permenant too, but it seems to be getting worse over time. My mental state is not good, and lots of stress, which isn't looking like it's going to seriously improve anytime soon. I woke up and hit my vape last night, and it made me puke up my entire stomache. Now, I can't keep anything but water down for more than an hour, anytime I hit the vape I cough a few times then puke. Nibbling on grapes, its the only thing I can get down even though I'm starving and my stomaches empty, the discomfort is much worse on an empty stomach
Chronic cannabis use increases chances if IBS. Google scholar it.

Well, im hiv and hep negative thusfar, so thats good I guess. Thyroid TSH and blood sugar is off, though.

Thinking about your mention that oily food aggravates the situation made me now think of 1 organ.
The Gallbladder supplies bile that helps break down fatty foods. If your gallbladder is obstructed by gallstones, infected or not working as efficiently as it can, diarrhea, as well as abdominal pain ensues. The pain is generally felt at the point where your ribs form an upside down V.
I thought the exact same thing!! My hubby had his out almost 20 years ago and his symptoms were almost exactly like op’s to a T.

Do you feel anxious or stressed most of the time?
Even though stress is an emotion, it causes a cascade of physical changes in your body. Including in your gut, which is highly sensitive to negative feelings. Your gut is lined with nerves that work to expand and contract to push food through your digestive tract. But when you’re stressed or anxious, your brain may send signals to those nerves that cause additional contractions. This is called tachygastria. Also, try drinking water in small sips, as your puking tendency might increase if you’re on an empty stomach and drink a glass of water at a time.

You might want to order one of those food allergy tests from everlywell and see what it says. Helped my wife in a huge way. She went from truly awful stomach aches to realizing that she was allergic to all things cow and chicken. Once she got that out of her diet, she's SO much better. Just a thought.