• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stomache issues

Zephyn

Bluelighter
This may not be drug related and probably isn't, so I hesitate to post it on BL. But I've got serious stomach issues. A full calender year, maybe longer, I've had diarrhea frequently. The past 6 months or so it's also been pretty bad stomach issues. Most days and in the middle of the night I wake up with a stomach ache as if I'm hungry, yet have no appetite. Usually I must force food down. Eating, makes a different sort of ache and worse in ways. Eating buttery, dairy, or oily things messes me up for days, as does a little bit of alcohol. I've been wondering if I'm gluten intolerant or suddenly developed IBS. I often feel a pain just above my liver at the edge of my skin, mild but very unpleasant. Its starting to effect my life in general. Going to see a doctor and give a stool sample, but seriously wtf. A bit worried as general health malaise and this seemed to start/get a lot worse after I shared a needle. Due for another test.

Definitely consider a check up with a doctor. You might not need a stool sample for starters as your blood work can highlight lot of things.

If it is IBS you may get symptomatic relief from peppermint oil capsules. Available from a good pharmacy OTC.

Could also be intestinal worms which you can self treat with OTC meds also.

As for the needle sharing you definitely need to go to the doctor and get screened for HIV and Hep C. Sucks and probably unlikely but early treatment on both those things is a lifesaver.

glad you are going to the doctor.

i have basically permanent stomach issues so never quite know when they're 'bad enough' to warrant a doctor. alcohol definitely makes them worse. how has your mental state been? my stomach is one of the first parts of my body to respond when my head isn't doing great.

really hope you get to the bottom of it and its a relatively simple fix. having it wake you up in the night sucks.

Mine seem permenant too, but it seems to be getting worse over time. My mental state is not good, and lots of stress, which isn't looking like it's going to seriously improve anytime soon. I woke up and hit my vape last night, and it made me puke up my entire stomache. Now, I can't keep anything but water down for more than an hour, anytime I hit the vape I cough a few times then puke. Nibbling on grapes, its the only thing I can get down even though I'm starving and my stomaches empty, the discomfort is much worse on an empty stomach

Does the start of vaping or this particular "brand" coincide with the onset of these stomach issues, by chance?
Just an obvious question that may need consideration... IDK. 🤷‍♀️
Hope the best.
Always

I know that when I am high-stressed I lose weight quickly and have some serious bowel problems. Have only went through this a couple times throughout my sentence on earth. No drugs at all would help. The only thing that frees me from that particular prison is a correction or reversal of what caused it.
Maybe the doctor will get to the root of it all. I for one am curious to see what is what.
<3

The combination of the stomach issues with the sort of weird body feeling i have as if my blood pressure is either high or low (its not) a physical tangible feeling that feels like a permenant drug comedown or some kind of organism making me sick, is what worries me it could be HIV or hepatitis or something.

fuck @Zephyn that sounds brutal.

do you have some dioralyte or whatever its called in your locale? you need to make sure you are getting electrolytes otherwise you could end up in a very bad state very quickly. i've had times when my electrolytes were so massively out of whack that i had horrible nausea and it has passed very quickly once i actually got some into me.

just to clarify, are you clean at the moment? only time i have puked from nicotine is when i was still relatively heroin naive, or when i'd been on massive days long benders involving alcohol and a range of drugs at which point my body would eventually start rejecting everything i tried to put into it. you don't sound like either but if you are using something that could be contributing to your issues.

I'm clean from stimulants and opiates, occasionally use something like ketamine and have maybe 6 drinks twice a week at most. Most days I'm sober, other than thc. The vape I puked from was actually delta 8 and due to the harshness but puked very easily after just one or two coughs.

Went and got blood work done and have to bring in a stool sample. Might need a colonoscopy.

A lot of these symptoms also match those of an ulcer. An endoscopy will reveal that if you have one. They are pretty treatable these days. Might make sense if you’ve had a high stress drug-fuelled lifestyle for a while.

Whatever the case I hope you get answers and relief soon.

A lot of these symptoms also match those of an ulcer. An endoscopy will reveal that if you have one. They are pretty treatable these days. Might make sense if you’ve had a high stress drug-fuelled lifestyle for a while.

Whatever the case I hope you get answers and relief soon.
I don't know, it's more extreme discomfort than pain

i have an erosion in my stomach due to drinking way too much on an empty stomach and it does kinda make sense that the symptoms @Zephyn describes might be what would happen if i'd not have swapped booze for heroin (bad hr i know). gets way worse when i'm stressed and is starting to give me grief with my comparatively (compared to what i used to drink) modest drinking.

but yes i really hope you get some answers and some relief!!

Alcohol seriously makes whatever this is worse. Suffering hard-core today from extremely light drinking yesterday, and trying to focus on work. Would be really difficult if I didn't work remotely. Lots of stomach pressure, lots of diarrhea, and some sort of frequent urination issue. The acidic shits are also irritating either a hemorrhoid or anal fissure. I also have no appetite, at all. Having to force down yogurt, drink soup, etc, which never makes me feel full or even slightly better. So weird. Definitely had issues for over a year but this is getting bad, all at once

when i'm having a flare up sometimes peptac (cheaper version of gaviscon) helps with the immediate discomfort.

I took pepto (bismuth), double dose, no benefit. Well, maybe stopped shitting. But feeling like an organ is going to explode or something. I need to go pick up my prescriptions, start on omepreazole, some anticholinergic and I think something else

oh yeah i had lanzoprazole which is similar but apparently better if you drink.

get the liquid peptac and take no notice of doses, i've never even read them, i just keep going til i get some relief. though as you've not had it before and we've got no idea if you have the same issue as me, i'd suggest taking it slow.

So it sounds like they were unable to ascertain the cause of yours ? Hope thats not the case here :(

oh the cause was eating disorders and alcohol. i went a long period where i would be drinking spirits and not eating from friday evening to sunday night and that's when it first started. my symptoms are massively better now i eat properly, and were almost nonexistent when i was not drinking. alcohol and stress make it flare up but as i had a long period of not drinking its not got to the point it was before and i don't plan on letting it.

at times before i basically couldn't move cos any motion caused insane pain, i was incredibly bloated and moving made me more bloated. i think i've only ever had that level twice since i got into recovery. so if it is the same, then there is hope but you will have to work on reducing your stress levels as that seems like the main contributing factor.

oh the cause was eating disorders and alcohol. i went a long period where i would be drinking spirits and not eating from friday evening to sunday night and that's when it first started. my symptoms are massively better now i eat properly, and were almost nonexistent when i was not drinking. alcohol and stress make it flare up but as i had a long period of not drinking its not got to the point it was before and i don't plan on letting it.

at times before i basically couldn't move cos any motion caused insane pain, i was incredibly bloated and moving made me more bloated. i think i've only ever had that level twice since i got into recovery. so if it is the same, then there is hope but you will have to work on reducing your stress levels as that seems like the main contributing factor.
I can't understand how this could be psychosomatic, I am almost sure there is some cause. I hope so, anyway. I'm less stressed now than I have been anytime recently but have a lot of recent trauma, that causes me stress. Youd think it would be getting better though, not worse.