• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stomach flu + weed?

Glasseyeball

Bluelighter
I'm having some AWFUL stomach shit goin on... not sure if it's the flu or what, but I've been puking/having diarrhea/feeling like crap for 3 days now. I've tried pepto bismol, tried ginger ale, tried all the other home remedies and shit. Went to student health, they didn't do anything. I'm actually on a break from weed right now, and I really don't wanna break it, but this is getting to the point where its almost unbearable, I just have this constant feeling like I'm gonna explode and puke. I've heard that smoking will help with the nausea that I'm feeling, can anyone attest or detest to this? Also, what do you guys think about violating a break that you've set forth for yourself? I definitely don't feel good about it, but I'll do anything that'll help right now.

DEFINITELY smoke.

Even when I'm sick w/ non-stomach stuff, pot makes me feel so much better. 10x more so for stomach problems.

Smoking pot while you're sick is kind of a double-edged sword. On one hand, it'll sure as hell settle GI discomfort, but peripheral CB2 receptors have been shown to inhibit immune system activity.

pepto bismol contains a lot of funky shit that really isn't good for anyone, and typical ginger ale is too weak. try buying some ginger root and boiling it like tea, it's most effective when it's so strong you can barely drink it. other things that might help is to eat fibrous foods that will absorb the water in your digestive tract and cut down on your diarrhea, and to spice your food with cayenne which is also a great comfort to the stomach.

as far as the weed goes, i know that it doesn't take a whole lot to greatly improve on nausea so i wouldn't feel bad about smoking a wee bit just to settle the stomach, but not enough to be really high. either way it really is a great comfort so if you're in a lot of discomfort i'd call it an excusable reason to blaze. after all, necessity breaks the rule.

though if you wanna keep trying with the herbal solutions, i'm sure the folks at healthy living would have more than enough suggestions to get you back into shape. stay EZ!

Not sure if you are better now from that awful stomach bug but for future reference try eating a tub of broccoli sprouts.....

080228080546-large.jpg

I'd probably say its best not to smoke. It will probably make you feel more zonked out and worse when it wears off.

Eat small amounts of bread to get your digestion back on track. Avoid eating hearty meals.

dude listen to me wen i started smoking years ago it was for stomach pain --one time got food poisoning from work right so i stay home from school of corse the worst pain, shits, weak from pain so i thought well if im sick i might aswell get high sure enuff no more pain i still had the shits but not much cramps---and the amazing thing was i was able to eat too thats a true story and i find that pepto also helps too much like make u constapated weed will help stomach pain but wont cure u go to the doc