• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Stimulants/nootropics that actually work?

Your post basically describes me and meth. I have no idea why I have totally opposite experiences with dex (super sensible and responsible and work-oriented) and meth (constantly redosing IV to stay just this side of overamped and losing days to my sexual fantasies). I have trouble accepting they are even the same class of drug.
And for me it's the opposite. Well at least Adderall does work but I imagine what it does for me is like what it does for a normal person on caffeine tablets

I've looked into Provigil, ephedra, coca leaves.. I'm sure they work but they're very expensive. I forgot to mention, Focalin worked pretty well for me when I took it with Adderall. It's short acting though so you should take it twice a day

Last edited:
By real you mean brand name???

There are plenty of generics that are just as good as brand names sometimes the pharmacy gives me brand adderal n sometimes generic i can't tell a difference between them
A shit load of the "cheap" pills are just RC stimulants

I even bought some irl in TX about 2 years ago that were RCs, they were very similar and honestly couldn't tell until the 3rd day when I took 5 and didn't even get high let alone stimulated. Real Addie's don't give you tolerance that quick (I would know I've had several scripts)

I'm not knowledgeable in stim RCs because I'm a downers guy so I can't even guess what they were.

It might be worth looking into a Rhodiola Rosea extract, it takes some time finding the right dose for you (higher doses can make you drowsy for the first few hours) but it's a wonderful thing, it has been used as an natural antidepressant and is supposed to have a positive impact on both physical and mental tasks.
Though for some people, including me, it's an incredible nootropic with very euphoric effects, in a way it's sort of a grounded mania. I don't take it every day because I don't want to lose all that due to tolerance, but the energy, motivation and underlying positivity in everything I do that day is invaluable. It pretty much lasts an entire day + afterglow.
Some people don't experience much effects, but I have read quite a few success stories, and it lacks many of the side effects of amphetamines.

What did you take as a dose? Also, I find I don't even get threshold effects until about 3hrs after dosing and peak effects at the 4-5 hr mark post dose. I don't go above 1500mg either, otherwise I get side-effects that aren't so nice.
I just popped one of those little orange spoons that come with the drug. I forget what it was, 250 mg?