Steroids for 54 Year old

Montay

Bluelighter
Hey guys my dads wanting to start a cycle, its going to be his first and he's not sure which ones to use. He wants to chuck on a bit of mass and to lean up a bit.

Height: 5"10
Weight: 85kg
Training experience: Training for 5 Years+
Trains 3-5 times a week

He wants to get a bit more serious and takes thing to the next level, he's plateued a bit and is looking for that extra booster. Any help with a potential cycle including a PCT would be fantastic

get him to an endo and measure his base testosterone.

perhaps he is a candidate for TRT then its simple just two shots the rest of his life with a little AI.

training 3-5 times a week - not enough info here brother.

diet - what's it look like ? What is his basal metabolic rate ?

Cycle - test cyp/enth - 500mg week , 1-12 weeks.

PCT - Nolva , wait couple weeks after your last shot of cyp or enth , start at 40mg for two weeks, go down to 20 for next two weeks - done.

First cycle should be simple and that is as solid as you will get brother. Best of luck.

get him to an endo and measure his base testosterone.

perhaps he is a candidate for TRT then its simple just two shots the rest of his life with a little AI.

+1

I'd wager given his age that he is hypogonadic. Get him tested and hopefully get a legal script for life. It worked for me =D

+1

I'd wager given his age that he is hypogonadic. Get him tested and hopefully get a legal script for life. It worked for me =D

Shit my crew just went in 4 weeks after our last shots bro lmao - walked out with script for test enth.

:D

It crossed my mind, but I knew I was hypogodadic. Initial blood test was 191 (300-840 lab standard). Now I run 769 on 200mg/wk, high-normal, can't complain. :)

Im sure youre not complaining =D

if he is hypogonadic then I assure you a steroid cycle with bodybuilder doses is a BAD idea. Probably just leave him more shutdown and he will lose all his gains. He might net some muscle loss from his baseline when it all said and done.

I would just go with 250 of test E 2x per week and use a good AI with it. I am always on and that is my maintain dose.

image this : you are trippin hard on whatever and by mistake you enter this thread... that must be like testicular neuro rape

Sure, get bloodwork done - but chances are it'll come back with low test levels and he'll most likely qualify for test script. But seriously, at age of 54, unless he plans on pulling a Hugh Hefner, what's wrong with him doing low dose test for maintenance without PCT? Test cyp/enth for 250-500mg/week seems ample, don't you think? Especially for his goals, he's just looking for a booster in his training to put on some mass, get a little leaner - he's already been training for little over 5 years at this rate to try to transform himself with what little test his body has been providing naturally - I think a nice maintenance dose of test weekly with no need to do PCT will do just fine. Plus, he'll probably find himself looking for seconds in the bedroom the same night each time he nudges the Mrs. ;)

500mg q 7 days is hardly "low dose test for maintenance". 8)

He needs to be seen by a doc and have a blood draw. A good doctor, more precisely an Endocrinologist, will not only be looking at his testosterone level, but also many other factors. Plus at his age, given we don't know his risk factors for cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer etc; he will need to closely monitored for adverse changes in his lipids, psa, h/h etc.

Again, Watchamacallit is right on, and I hate agreeing with people, no fun in that.
But....at his advanced age, the items mentioned above are very real concerns.
Then, go for it as bksmpower says, I like the thought of starting at trt levels, monitoring and enjoying the growth, strength, libido, and sense of well being--It's f#cking fun.
Maybe a little dbol (liver toxic, I know, but he made sure all is fine before he started. and it's only a short time) , or a fast acting test ( not prop, he will quit for sure then) at the beginning to kick start all this, as newbies tend to get impatient on the first cycle.
PCT is a minor concern here, it depends on what test levels are even left to go back to.
No way to tell by the physical characteristics of hypogonadism, because at his age his balls are hanging low no matter what.
If I'm wrong then HCG is needed, and maybe you should quit the exogenous testosterone. You can just stay on trt if you like. Doesn't really matter to me. Then, use that as a base to launch future cycles. After you have determined that it is safe to do so.
If all works out well, you have your trt levels keeping you hopefully in high normal range,
then leaping of that into 6 or 8 week cycles, coming back to trt levels.
Do that and you will have a great time until you die at 65 from one of the above disease.
I'm really not joking about that, it's a trade off we all choose at some point in our lives. A safer bet at your age, is to learn about HGH and other anti aging peptides.
I'm not going into that in this thread, way to off topic.
Good luck

Last edited:
Now that's what I'm talking about. You crystallized my looong ass post into one sentence.
It really can be that simple
Thanks

MM, I would like to hear more about incorporating an AI into HRT therapy. Can you please explain the benefits? Searching Google takes me to a bunch 'snake oil' bullshit info.

there is no use for an AI when using TRT....the doses even on the high end of normal TRT dosages are not enough to cause need for an AI and actually using one on TRT could throw the body's T/E ratio way out of whack by driving estrogen too low...AI's are only necessary if someone is prone to gyno when using higher than normal Test dosages like we do for bodybuilding/powerlifting purposes

keep in mind that we want to maintain normal estrogen levels and we use an AI when using more than normal amounts of Test to control the estrogen that is converted from the test in addition to our natural production of estrogen...high estrogen causes many problems as we know, but driving estrogen lower than what the body needs/wants also presents many problems as well