• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stepping aside

simco

Bluelight Crew
To all my dear SL friends...

I have decided that it's time for me to step aside from my role as a moderator on BL. Helping to moderate our forum has been a huge privilege, and I already miss it. However, ongoing matters of depression and addiction have put me in a bad spot, and after a lot of thought, I feel that stepping down as a moderator is best both for me and for the well-being of the community (in that I haven't really been moderating much of anything for months now).

Despite this step, I am hoping that I can return to being an active member of the SL community.

Thanks again to everyone--all of the members of the SL community, and my co-moderators, in particular. The Sober Living forum is deeply important to me; nothing will change that.

<3
Sim

Hi Sim, I'm glad to see your post but not glad that you're not in a great place. I really wish the best for you and thank you for everything you've done around SL.

Dude... Reading this post really made me sad. You have helped so many folks with your posts ( Me included ). I wish you the best... Keep fighting those demons and never give up...

R13

Thanks, you guys. It's really nice to hear from all of you.

<3

Dude... Reading this post really made me sad. You have helped so many folks with your posts ( Me included ). I wish you the best... Keep fighting those demons and never give up...

R13
same here.
fuk I’m gonna leave now: First cj, now this?

Been thinking of you Sim. I'm not in a good place either Miss you. <3

You don't have to be a moderator to be a great part of this community. You take care of yourself in whatever way feels best. I just want to remind you that isolation has a way of creeping in and settling down inside a person and both depression and addiction just love to see that happen. Don't deprive yourself of the support here. You have given support to so many people in the form of near daily check ins, encouragement and insights that you've drawn from your own life. I hope you know that same support is here for you. So many people here care about you. <3

geez,,,the BL software keeps messing with my quote levels in this reply.

Just wanted to say thanks and that I'm really looking forward/crossing my fingers about spending more time on SL again. <3

Sim - I agree with Herb - and want you to know - You were the first person to help me and are the reason I'm looking at 5 days clean and feeling good about staying that way forever. I had no one to turn to and BL with your support made all the difference in the world. Thank you for your support and know that the lives of so many people were made better by all you did and now they will be there for you. Take your own advice and hang in there. Much love to you for all you do.

Thanks, determinedmom. Your comment warmed my heart right up. <3

You're one of the good ones, simco.

Thanks for your help, wisdom, patience and compassion - it's very much appreciated by all of us :)

Don't be a stranger, man <3

Thanks for your service and dedication simco.