Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Staying safe with Mescaline.

AnanasBannana

Bluelighter
Mescaline's in town.

In anyone's experience, is mescaline ever adulterated or actually a research chemical? I've been burned buying LSD that was nbome and MDMA that was, well, anything but MDMA.

Beyond that, is there any sort of supplement or other substance I should be taking with it?

could be a highly cut research psychedelic because of the high doses you need with mescaline(400mg+) and most research psychdelics are active at around 10 mg

Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone selling "mescaline" unless you personally witnessed them doing the extraction from cactus, or they are themselves an organic chemist and they made it in their lab off-hours.

There are lots mescaline extraction teks online, they're not too difficult and you can do it yourself using San Pedro cactus. I did 69ron's D-limonene tek once, it worked pretty well for me. (Would've had a better yield if I hadn't spilled like half of it down the drain at one point, oops 8) )

If it's on a blotter or powder if you're very lucky it will be DOM - DOM is great, could even be the equal of mescaline. More likely just be some shit research chemical.

But as zn mescaline is practically never sold - just too much effort for druggies to extract it from cactus and far too expensive for anyone but well-off psychonauts.

In all likelyhood it isn't mescaline, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've seen people sell 2C-B as mescaline, DOx chemicals and other phenethylamines. If you are absolutely intent on going into this without a test kit, dose very low and work your way up. Get a feel for the effects before you dive in.

^ But you won't know what you're actually getting, and you'll have to rely on your dealer to give you accurate dosing information, you won't be able to google it on your own or ask here, because we're not going to have any more idea as to the identity of your substance than you do. If they tell you that it's "super-potent mescaline" and you only need 20mgs (or even worse, "one line" or "one bump"), then it's definitely not mescaline, whose doses are much higher starting at about 200-300mg. If you twist your dealer's arm they might be able to be more specific about what they're selling and will tell you that they just call it mescaline to make it easier to sell to newbies to psychedelics, but in this case how much can you trust that they're giving you accurate information now when you just caught them bullshitting you? If they're a really low-level dealer, they might not even know what it is they're selling and that it can't possibly be real mescaline, they're just passing on the info they got from their source and didn't bother to question it or do research themselves.

There are much better vendors who state the exact chemical names of their products and aren't afraid that their customers are going to be scared off by their weird alphabet-soup names. Some customers would be, but if they're too impatient to do a google search on an unfamiliar term to find out what it is then maybe they're not mature enough to use psychedelics responsibly, and would be more likely to have a bad trip and probably not be a good repeat customer to have to deal with. Conversely, if a vendor is willing to lie to reach the largest customer base possible, and thus are probably getting a lot of one-off customers they'll never see again, then they're unlikely to conscientious about other details, such as making sure they send you the right product and not get it mixed up with something else, or not mixing up the dosing information for their different types of "mescaline" (this could be harmful or even deadly if they tell you to take a 2C-C-sized dose for what's really DOC or 25C-NBOMe, for example). So if you really want 2C-B, DOx, or another cool phenethylamine you read about in PiHKAL, then go to a vendor who sells it as such and doesn't try to pass off all phens as "mescaline", just to make it easier on themselves.

If it's on a blotter or powder if you're very lucky it will be DOM - DOM is great, could even be the equal of mescaline. More likely just be some shit research chemical.

If it's on blotter then it can't possibly be mescaline, it's gotta be some mystery substance that is active under 5mg or so because any more than that wouldn't fit on the tabs.

I know in some areas and at some times the only way to get 2C-B or DOM from a dealer was to ask for "mescaline" or "synthetic mescaline", but we should really discourage using the name of one chemical as the slang term for a completely different chemical as much as possible, or casually referring to an entire class of chemicals by its most well-known member, there is already enough ignorance and confusion in the psychedelic user community as it is.

Last edited:
Like others said if its a blotter its probably not. Anyways I wouldn't buy mescaline from the streets, the idea sounds shady in itself

In all likelyhood it isn't mescaline, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've seen people sell 2C-B as mescaline, DOx chemicals and other phenethylamines. If you are absolutely intent on going into this without a test kit, dose very low and work your way up. Get a feel for the effects before you dive in.

Not to put you down, but personally I think this is reckless advice. We've all dosed on chems without testing but now a days o make it a point to test because I know its not fun and life threatening to get something you didn't ask for. Plus I've almost been hospitalized for assuming a powder was what I asked for.

Be safe when taking drugs. Be smart. Have fun

IMO the quality-control standards for online vendors have generally deteriorated over the past several years, at least since from when mephedrone was being passed out to half the population of the U.K. like it was bags of candy. I would absolutely never just take a chemical these days without reagent testing and doing a small 1mg sublingual allergy dose first, but when I started out 10 years ago I didn't know that these tests were necessary. Unfortunately we still have NBOMes on the market (although not as widely available as they were back in 2011-2012), for which an "allergy" dose would really be a fully active dose for most of them, which could be a scary surprise if you weren't expecting to trip. I've also passed over vendors who happened to include things like ultra-potent fentanyl analogs in their inventories, just because I would live in fear that I'd get sent one of them accidentally in an order, and having never touched opiates I could easily OD on one (I think research opiates are just a terrible idea to be openly selling anyway, and are attracting too much negative attention from governments and users with self-control problems....research benzos are only somewhat less problematic - been trying to kick an etizolam habit myself for the past few months, I mostly regret now ever trying it or knowing about it).

But ultimately, unless you send in a sample to have it tested by a professional lab, even after your preliminary tests to make sure you didn't get sent something completely wrong, you're still going to need a certain amount of faith in your vendor that they did send you what they were claiming to offer. And while there are some vendors left that show concern for their customers and have formal packaging/shipping QA practices in place to catch mistakes, there seem to me to be many more smaller vendors operating nowadays (many just being one-man operations) that are not as conscientious, have poor response times to user questions, and are more likely to mix up orders or even cut their products (which is dangerous now that we have such highly-potent substances being sold, hotspots are a real thing!)

It just seems a lot riskier to me to make purchases nowadays than what it was like 10 years ago, when the RC scene was a lot more obscure and nerdy and when the most potent chemicals available on the market would have a starting dose of at least 10-20mg and really only needed a milligram scale to measure safely. Drugs that are active at 1-5mg or below require more complicated methods like volumetric dosing, which the waves of impatient users that came in starting with mephedrone and continued with NBOMes and who just want to party and TRIP NOW aren't going to bother doing. Of course there's always been reckless and uninformed users, that's how the older generation such as 2C-B, 2C-T-7, and 5-MeO-DiPT came to be banned. But I don't like the direction things are headed in and the choices of what to put on the market, I think there are just entire classes of drugs that are too dangerous to be handled safely by the average user (in intelligence and/or emotional maturity) and should never have been commercialized in the first place.

(tl;dr - Ranting about how it's become riskier for everyone to purchase RCs because of the community's choices over the past several years of what to put on the market and to distribute them more widely to less informed users)

Although i agree that real mescaline is very very rare on the streets, there has been an increasing aviability for it on various darkweb sites.
So its def out there in quantities enough to be sold frequently.

I live in an environment which makes growing the cactus themselves impossible (But if anyone has any advice in terms of growing it in a wet, cold environment like Ireland - let me know).

I'm honestly surprised that dealers don't just buy legit stuff off the darkweb, test it, then sell it onwards. I understand that you can make more short term selling bunk, but I would imagine the repeat business from selling a quality product would eventually be more profitable. I work in a blue-chip company with "professional people", and I guarantee 75% of them or more would take LSD or Mescaline if it was offered and guaranteed to be legit.

It really is a sorry state of affairs - I look back enviously to my mother's upbringing in 70's California - testing wasn't an issue, no one got caught and LSD was more common than cannabis.

I only hope that cannabis legalization opens the doors for more drugs becoming legalized eventually.