• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Vyvanse.. as potent as IR but lasts longer??

Howzdis

Greenlighter
Okay so this is my first post here on bluelight. Decided to become an official :D

Now, I have a few questions on this relatively new drug we now have here in Australia. Vyvanse..
I want to clarify with you all that I have pretty accute ADD and I am no noob with Stimulants. I am an ex addict to this stuff and have been sober for 2 years. But that was be before I was diagnosed with ADD when I went to rehab.after that my Psychiatrist prescribed me Dexamphetamine 5mg tablets (AUS). 4x a day. Hated the fact that that wasn't enough, not by a long shot!! And so after that script ended I just simply coulded be bothered with them anymore. And plus I didn't want to be asking my Pdoc for ludicrous doses of small insignificant doses of 5mg dex pills..

I wish we had what you Americans have. Up to 15mg dex spansules and ya good old Adderall <3

Now to the matter at hand. I am going to see a new Pdoc on Tuesday. Yes, my psychologist actually is highly suggesting I go back on stimulant medication lol..

So I'm thinking now Vyvanse is in AUS market and goes as high as 70mg.. I'm going to ask him for that and maybe some 5mg dex as a booster.

**Now here comes the question**
With Vyvanse, say I'm on 70mg (which I believe roughly is 35-45mg of dexamphetamine counting in the fact of its high bioavailability being near 100%.) Would it feel as if I'm actually on the level of a rough estimate dosage of 35mg once it has peaked and all the way through the plateau and then gradually declined in strength for a soft landing? I am also aware of how this drug works. Like the these egg heads have created something pretty cool. A protein attached to the amphetamine molecule and so needs to be cleaved Before it can be active amphetamine.
And as such that would play a major key part in how fast we as individuals on this drug metabolize it.

I myself have a fast metabolism. So I'm guessing my body would possibly make the drug work faster??? I don't know!

Please people I need your oppinion on this Vyvanse.
How long does your peak last and does it give you at least a good 4to6 hours of motivation and concentration like an IR dose but lasts longer?

Eager to find out :D

Vyvanse (Lisdexamphetamine) is just Dextroamphetamine in a timed-release form. It might not feel as "potent" as instant release Dextroamphetamine preparations, but the only true difference is the timing. The active ingredient is the same.

Vyvanse is rather unique though. Not so much because of the prodrug aspect but because the variability among patients is remarkably low due to how the d-amp is liberated. This means your metabolism may not make any difference on its effects.

everyone seems to experience vyvanse differently. like me -- I have rather severe ADD and I hardly feel a thing off even stupidly high doses of adderall ...but vyvanse ...I'd pick that over everything (stimulant wise) but the very HIGHEST quality IV shard. other people think it sucks.
only way to know for yourself is to try it.

It is still yet early days I guess. Tho from recent research on this new drug, I have seen a mixed bag of how it is metabolized. For example, some believe it SLOWLY is secretes into your brain *dopamine* And others believe once your enzymes get to work on cleaving the lysine off and it gets into your blood it just floods your brain with the by-chemical (DexAmphetamine) as it normally would with an IR DexAmphetamine..
IMO. It just doesn't sound biologicaly logical that this Vyvanse is a slow release teasing your brain into having insignificant amounts of amphetamine in your brain at any given time.

I'm more under the impression that it just takes longer for you to feel it. What I mean by that is when you take the drug, your enzymes get to work on breaking it down and essentially taking a few extra steps (because of the lysine attached to the Amphetamine molecule).. as it then goes into your blood and gets hydrolyzed into the the drug DexAmphetamine. Vyola

Does that make more sense?

Anyone out there with more proof on how this drug actually works please, do tell me were I'm wrong. I need solid answers.
And people who take this drug, PLEASE do share your opinions! :)

Thank you for your opinion tightlywound :)
How long does it take for you to feel the (noticeable) effects on an empty stomach and how long till you stop feeling the effects roughly

Also how much do you take??

IME, I have found vyvanse to be less effective than other stims, but this can be do to the fact that my roa choice is intranasal, and vyvanse can only be taken orally.. A lot of people I know like to sniff there stims, so they shy away from vyvanse, but if you prefer oral, then it shouldn't be a problem.. that's my two cents.

- Hopeless Soul

Thank you for your opinion tightlywound :)
How long does it take for you to feel the (noticeable) effects on an empty stomach and how long till you stop feeling the effects roughly

Also how much do you take??

I no longer take it unfortunately. stupid doctors. but when I did I was prescribed 100mg (which was at the time the max recommended dose which had just been approved, not sure what the max is now), I very often took it recreationally in the 300-600mg range, at the time I was amphetamine naive but because of my severe ADD I have a naturally extremely high tolerance to uppers; in talking to other people I find this is an unusually high dose in comparison to what others have used, some people have claimed to be twacked of 50-70mg and others claim to have ODed on 150-200mg.
in my experience it kicked in after about 2 1/2 hours very suddenly and to full effect, almost on par w/ a "rush," especially the very first handful of times I took it or after I was taking for the first time after a long break; after I'd developed a significant tolerance to it and was abusing it regularly it'd take maybe 20-30 minutes on the longest days to "peak" (though some days it still peaked almost immediately) and after that the effects were basically at full intensity for just about a good 10 hours. after 10 hours the effects would slowly start to wear off but I'd definitely be still noticeably feeling it for about the next 2, 12hrs total after it kicked in I was DEFINITELY coming well into the "comedown" stage of the experience. IME it has a longass drawn out comedown and it's hard to sleep for a long time after (I had no benzos at the time either), maybe because of it's long half-life, but as soon as you get some sleep you're good as gold the next day -- not much moping around feeling shitty for days on end or anything.
hope that helped. let me know if you want anymore information I may be able to provide.

Holly craps that is a big dose! But I have been there on dexys and well I used to be a full time ICE addict back in the day.

Okay so it does actually kick in rather rapidly which is good. Also I'm happy that it lasts longer than your regular IR dex doses. I CANT STAND EATING 6 5mg DEX TO GET AFFECT EVERY 4 HOURS. That is why I want to try and persuade my doc into prescribing me 140mg of Vyvanse (which I believe would feel like maybe 50mg of sex) IDK.

And I kinda don't like the idea of a long drawn out come down, I hope for me at least it lasts a good 5-6 hours of effect then come down after the 5-6 hour mark. As I will still have my 5mg Dexamphetamine IR tablets for a booster if I need to extend the effects.

Thanks heaps man

Holly craps that is a big dose! But I have been there on dexys and well I used to be a full time ICE addict back in the day.

Okay so it does actually kick in rather rapidly which is good. Also I'm happy that it lasts longer than your regular IR dex doses. I CANT STAND EATING 6 5mg DEX TO GET AFFECT EVERY 4 HOURS. That is why I want to try and persuade my doc into prescribing me 140mg of Vyvanse (which I believe would feel like maybe 50mg of sex) IDK.

And I kinda don't like the idea of a long drawn out come down, I hope for me at least it lasts a good 5-6 hours of effect then come down after the 5-6 hour mark. As I will still have my 5mg Dexamphetamine IR tablets for a booster if I need to extend the effects.

Thanks heaps man

I'd think 140mg will almost undoubtedly have you feeling good. for example, just 200mg had my boyfriend (who's a full time tweaker, addicted to ice) totally damn twacked, because although he's a meth addict he doesn't actually have as high of a natural stimulant tolerance as me because he lacks the ADD component.
and I guarantee you that you will be feeling the positive effects for at LEAST 8 if not more likely 10 hours. I don't think it's actually possible for vyvanse to last for only 5-6 hours ...well maaaaybe it coooould be possible if you have some kind of crazy liver anomaly or something, but I don't know honestly. take it early in the morning! ;)
you should also note that this is just MY experience -- I've seen others say that they think the comedown is very mild in comparison to other stimulants.
you really just have to try it for yourself and see.

It is still yet early days I guess. Tho from recent research on this new drug, I have seen a mixed bag of how it is metabolized. For example, some believe it SLOWLY is secretes into your brain *dopamine* And others believe once your enzymes get to work on cleaving the lysine off and it gets into your blood it just floods your brain with the by-chemical (DexAmphetamine) as it normally would with an IR DexAmphetamine..
IMO. It just doesn't sound biologicaly logical that this Vyvanse is a slow release teasing your brain into having insignificant amounts of amphetamine in your brain at any given time.

I'm more under the impression that it just takes longer for you to feel it. What I mean by that is when you take the drug, your enzymes get to work on breaking it down and essentially taking a few extra steps (because of the lysine attached to the Amphetamine molecule).. as it then goes into your blood and gets hydrolyzed into the the drug DexAmphetamine. Vyola

Does that make more sense?

Anyone out there with more proof on how this drug actually works please, do tell me were I'm wrong. I need solid answers.
And people who take this drug, PLEASE do share your opinions! :)

^ Here... For those of you interested about the pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine and how it compares to regular dextroamphetamine in terms of time release and whatnot you should check this out:

http://www.secinfo.com/d12Pk6.v9Ac....nfo&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

This too:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2009/0137515.html

And the pharmacokinetics section of this:

https://www.drugs.com/pro/vyvanse.html

[h=3]Pharmacokinetics[/h]Pharmacokinetic studies of dextroamphetamine after oral administration of lisdexamfetamine have been conducted in patients ages 6 to 12 years with ADHD and in healthy adult volunteers.
In 18 patients ages 6 to 12 years with ADHD, the Tmax of dextroamphetamine was approximately 3.5 hours following single-dose oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate either 30 mg, 50 mg, or 70 mg after an 8-hour overnight fast. The Tmax of lisdexamfetamine was approximately 1 hour. Linear pharmacokinetics of dextroamphetamine after single-dose oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate was established over the dose range of 30 mg to 70 mg in children ages 6 to 12 years and over a range of 50 mg to 250 mg in adults. Dextroamphetamine pharmacokinetic parameters following administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults exhibited low inter-subject (<25%) and intra-subject (<8%) variability. Safety and efficacy have not been studied above the maximum recommended dose of 70mg.
There is no accumulation of dextroamphetamine AUC at steady state in healthy adults and no accumulation of lisdexamfetamine after once-daily dosing for 7 consecutive days.
Neither food (a high fat meal or yogurt) nor orange juice affect the observed AUC and Cmax of dextroamphetamine in healthy adults after single-dose oral administration of 70 mg of Vyvanse capsules. Food prolongs Tmax by approximately 1 hour (from 3.8 hrs at fasted state to 4.7 hrs after a high fat meal or to 4.2 hrs with yogurt). After an 8-hour fast, the AUCs for dextroamphetamine following oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in solution and as intact capsules were equivalent.
Weight/Dose normalized AUC and Cmax were 22% and 12% lower, respectively, in adult females than in males on day 7 following a 70 mg/day dose of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate for 7 days. Weight/Dose normalized AUC and Cmax values were the same in pediatric patients ages 6 to 12 years following single doses of 30-70 mg.

Last edited:
Thanks again tightlywound! And yes I do have a liver abnormality. I have Hep C genotype 3.. dunno if that would have a difference of effect on Vyvanse. Either way I'll find out tomorrow ;)

And bluehair, this is the exact information I was looking for. I really appreciate the time you put into looking I to this matter for me. You have my thanks! :)

Thanks again tightlywound! And yes I do have a liver abnormality. I have Hep C genotype 3.. dunno if that would have a difference of effect on Vyvanse. Either way I'll find out tomorrow ;)

And bluehair, this is the exact information I was looking for. I really appreciate the time you put into looking I to this matter for me. You have my thanks! :)

The liver issues won't affect it, as it's not metabolized by the liver, however it is broken down by red blood cells, and I believe hep c reduces one's rbc count...

- Hopeless 7nos

You're welcome. Yeah. Lisdexamfetamine may not be metabolized by the liver, but remember that the dextroamphetamine it turns into is.

Well the good news is that I am already 1 week into treatment for Hep C.
Have to be on it for 12 weeks.. Sovosbvir and Savaldi treatment and believe it or not doesn't even cost me a thing :) and no I'm not on any endurance if your wondering