The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Starting Arkansas Needle Exchange Program - IV users please read

wakeborder556

Bluelighter
I've started the process of setting up an needle exchange program in my town in Arkansas of 65k people. What are some advice IV users have about what would increase the use of this resource? Have you been to one before? What did you like, what did you not like? Do IV users want to use this type of resource or is it just a small minority? Most used IV drug is methamphetamine around here, smaller amounts of herion as opiates are mostly in pill form, but some do inject those. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I lack the personal experience to know what would make this successful.

Last edited:
Unfortuantely the state I live in made it ilegal to open any needle exchange or needle exchange-like programs. I have zero idea on what they are like and what supplies they offer.

But, if im not mistaken, most needle exchange programs are non-profit organizations that are privately/sometiems state funded. thats probably your biggest issue, getting the funding...im pretty sure the addicts will flock to your program if it is ever opened, but money is always an issue.

You said it yourself, you don't have any of the many skills and resources needed.......

Unfortuantely the state I live in made it ilegal to open any needle exchange or needle exchange-like programs. I have zero idea on what they are like and what supplies they offer.

But, if im not mistaken, most needle exchange programs are non-profit organizations that are privately/sometiems state funded. thats probably your biggest issue, getting the funding...im pretty sure the addicts will flock to your program if it is ever opened, but money is always an issue.

despite the approval being a nightmare you need to work it out with suppliers since at least 80% is donated

Im not the one opening the needle exchange....its wakeborder556 up there^^^

...but I still apprecieate the advice:)....

maybe im confused and your advice was meant for the OP but im having a hard time understanding exactly who you are tlaking too and what point your getting at.

sry:/

Im not the one opening the needle exchange....its wakeborder556 up there^^^

...but I still apprecieate the advice:)....

maybe im confused and your advice was meant for the OP but im having a hard time understanding exactly who you are tlaking too and what point your getting at.

sry:/

i was talking to the op and happened to add to one of your posts

Is needle exchange even legal in Arkansas or the city where you live? You had better find that out and make sure the Holy Rollers there don't "crucify "you as they love to do ,and say that needle exchange is promoting drug use.That's what they always seem to say,so pick a bad neighborhood to do it in,because if the bible thumpers see that in their dream/fantasy world then you can bet that they will raise such hell that it will make the state news the same day...lol...I'm guessing your in Fayetteville,or Springdale,both are cool places considering they are in Arkansas,but notice all the huge fucking churches there....be careful; of the bible thumpers and the cops...

i'm going to move this to a regional discussion.

mods, if you think it'll get better response here or somewhere else then feel free to move back or elsewhere.

OP - i applaud you on your initiative, i hope you achieve it:)

LOL. A needle exchange program in Arkansas. Like that'll EVER happen.

i dont think you will have much success setting something up without the approval of the local government. enjoy being harassed and jailed for a plethora of charges including paraphanaglia

i dont think you will have much success setting something up without the approval of the local government. enjoy being harassed and jailed for a plethora of charges including paraphanaglia

Old post is old (but you weren't the one who bumped it out of the grave).

I've started the process of setting up an needle exchange program in my town in Arkansas of 65k people. What are some advice IV users have about what would increase the use of this resource? Have you been to one before? What did you like, what did you not like? Do IV users want to use this type of resource or is it just a small minority? Most used IV drug is methamphetamine around here, smaller amounts of herion as opiates are mostly in pill form, but some do inject those. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I lack the personal experience to know what would make this successful.

I go to my local needle exchange. I love it. They have a lot of useful supplies. What else is there to say?

This is actually my goal once I finish my social work degree. I'm going to.start a non profit needle.exchange with a drug treatment and social.assistance programs all under the same roof. like insight in Vancouver without the safe injection area.

There is a needle exchange in Fay Arkansas. They also do HIV testing.

LOL. A needle exchange program in Arkansas. Like that'll EVER happen.

A church in fayetteville Arkansas has a needle exchange program and offers HIV testing as well. I don't know if it was the op that started this one but I want to get involved.