• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Starting again.

Samiam40

Greenlighter
Hi all
well I started this post on end of wrong/old thread so here I go again. :?:? . I tried last year maybe year before ? as people might have read to try and get of Oxys but the fact I'm back shows I failed. :( Anyway I'm back.. brief run down on me. I'm middle aged woman hold down good job . Into year old new relationship. I have two kids and both in uni and just finished uni. So kids doing good . Was with my kids dad for 23 yrs from young girl. so that was reason I failed well maybe I used that as reason I failed. ?? I also can't get help of doc due to my job and fact the practice manger of my docs is my friend and nobody until today knew about my problem I finally told my new partner today. But that's another story.

my oxy habit started with broken back due to fall and soon I was way over script and buying them from someone an hour away and along with script and them I brought my oxy habit was up to 120mg like three times a day. This is massive amount so don't advise anyone to take this much but I had built up to this amount over yrs. my doc was like we got to drop u down so slowly he did instead he gave me lyrica again. Which I had helped me massively last time I tried to stop and fact I looked at my life and money I wasting and thought wtf?? I so need to get of these. But as I know it easier said than done.
But I'm now on day 6 due to lyrica I bless this med as I tried without and gave up after two days. :( I don't have any wd symptoms. But boy do I know when the lyrica due again. I'm trying to take as little as I need as I know tolerance builds fast. I have huge supply of these as got them on script for yrs but didn't take them as had Oxys .. I'm on about 300mg twice a day. Which I'll add is amount my gp says to take at first then build up to three times a day.
So my mind tells me this time I will do it. I have to do it. As ppl take one look at me and I look like policewoman ppl say so can't buy them of streets which is maybe good thing. I've got to do this ...

Last edited:
don't worry about how your going to stay off them forever right now. Just concentrate on getting through the withdrawal period. If lyrica is helping you then continue taking it at whatever dose provides you the most relief. After you get throught acute withdrawals I highly recommend you get into some counseling in order to help you deal with the flood of emotions that is going to come back into your life. Your going to be a bit of wreck for a few months but if you manage to stay off opiates your brain will rebalance itself and youll feel better.

goodluck

Thankyou and Thankyou for your comment. I am just trying one day at a time . I'll be honest unless I can get counselling without going through my GP Im going to struggle to do that. Again To be honest at end they just made me feel normal I got no high if you get me. And sometimes if I'm not busy these last few days my mind starts wanting the buzz I first got . So I just change my train of thought. I'm going through one day at a time. So tomorrow is a week longest I've gone. I'm going to do it.

Day 7. Not been so great today and thank god I cudnt get any Oxys else I'd have taken them. I've become friendly with someone I get them of and I've had to say I need to stay away from him. Cuz I know he wants the money he will try and in gentle way as he is lovely person believe it or not. Try and get me to have them. But I won't give in this time. So told him by text I'll add so I didn't see him that I need to have abit of me time.
So today I felt totally shit. So I waited till I was home from work and took 375mg as I have it in 300mg and 75 and 150 mg. I did say I've got tons of these. So I'm now waiting for it to kick in. Anyway day 7 done I made full week of Oxys :) don't know if people are reading this but I feel better writing even if it sounds like total rambling lol. Not been easy today as pain in back been bad felt some wd symptoms. But just took paracetamol and naproxen. I'm just trying to get through one day at a time.

Sami -

People are reading - I'm reading! Congratulations on day 7! Doesn't the whole week feel good, at least mentally? You certainly have the right approach/attitude about this. It's a long game, and we have to keep moving forward in the right direction. If this friendly guy you get oxy from is a good guy then he should respect the fact that you don't want him asking you if you want any more oxy - have you told him you are done with that?

7 days is a lifetime when you are in acute wds. You certainly have my respect for making it this far!

- VE

week 3 here almost. feeling better. your story just reminds me how it can happen to anyone! Good for you for your seven days. Watch out for your friend. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but hes a real trigger. Ive had many friends like that and its just too easy to go back.

As d3athadone and VE have said, please tell you friend that you are trying to get healthy and that their "offer" is only causing you to struggle with achieving your goals. Keep your head up, you're doing amazing!

Friends don't offer friends they know who are trying to get off opioids to sell them opioids by the way. No matter how much of a "friend" they are or how nice they might be, they will probably keep trying to sell you their drugs unless you make a firm boundary around it with them.

You are all right. About friend. I said today firm that I don't want them any more and if can't respect that then don't text me / call again. And he was cool he just said ok good luck with it and let him know how I'm doing. Anyway day 8. I have noticed wd symptoms coming back as I think I getting used to lyrcia dose. I don't know how high I can go on dose ?? I'm on 375mg at moment twice a day. Do other peopl sneeze a lot when wd of Oxys? Lol I do loads.
You know someone at work today grassed up to me ( I'm a manger ) someone else for having weed in work on him not smokeing it and I was meant to sack them if they have that on him. But I thought what a bloody hypocrite I would be sacking someone for this. I also know he needs work so I spoke to him but didn't sack him. So I'll see if I get told of from md for not sacking him but I don't care lol.
Today wasnt to bad want in get in my head them I just had bad wd in body symptoms. Thanks guys for your words of encouragement it means a lot. I have told my partner and spoke to him about it last night told him whole truth and he fine but I don't like to talk to him like I do you all. Which is strange but it helps me to talk to you all. I apologise for my ramblings lol.
Wd to anyone who can make it through this I will do it this time. I really will.

Day 9 and still going. Not easy but this longest time I gone from them. Mentally apart from sulk yesterday lol and I had call asking if I want some I said no. For one second I thought do I ?? But thought no and gave myself talking to. I can't have some in house like some people can. I'd take them probably if I had shit day. So I'm best staying we'll away from them. I've told partner so he watching me this weekend I think and he going to keep me busy he said. Sometimes when lyrcia due I feel it. Sneezing starts muscles feel like lead. So I wonder if anyone can answer me this I'm on 450mg of lyrica now. How long should I stay on it for and what dose can I go up to. ?? Also when I stop lyrica will wd symptoms come back? Or will oxy be out my system? Sorry if these stupid questions. My oxy habit was high so I just wonder how long it takes to come out my system

What were you using before? How much was your average dose and how frequently were you taking it? Generally speaking it is just fine taking something like pregabalin for a month or two at the moderate dosages you're using.

Try and ween yourself off of it as soon as possible though, to avoid any chance of future tolerance or dependence.

Sneezing, yawning and such are very common side effects of acute opioid withdrawal. Try not to worry too much about it. The symptoms will pass as long as you stay away from opioids for a while and give you body some time to adjust to life without exogenous endorphins (the opioids you were using). Please understand, I'm not suggesting it would be a good idea for you to start back up using once you've healed neurologically.

The only silly questions are the ones you don't ask! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks toothpaste. I was using Oxys in fr 20mg and sr 80mg. I'd have say 120 mg in fr in20s like three times a day I kid u not I'm not proud to say. Then when I low in 20 mg I'd have say one sr 80mg and like 2 20 mg but I'll add if ppl reading don't think to take this much as I've built up to this dose in like years. I'm on day 13. Lol I was saying I was day behind so doing better than I thought. I started on 13th. I even said no when I got call asking if I want some. Think he was gutted as I paid him loads each month. I'm on 450 mg a day at moment. As I say I get odd sneeze etc. but
this lyrica is really helping as last time I gave up on day 3.
so I'm taking each day as it comes. But I'm still going to do it.

VE and tooth and ev1 else. I'm putting this post in the two threads I've been commenting in so sorry if u are reading this again anyway
I'm still here and still going good. I'm on day 16 clean. <<< stands up my name Sam and I've been clean for 16 days. :)) Sorry seen that in movies that line and just had to say it. Don't mean to offend anyone if I have.
Cut down on lyrica for last couple of days been suffering for it though. Was taking 450 mg in mornings and was taking 400 at teatime but was knocking me out at night so lowered teatime dose to 150mg but been not falling to sleep till 12/1 gone and now awake at 4ish which isn't good seeing as I at work at 6am. When before when I did same dose I slept like baby. Also sneezing got bad again had couple of panic attacks and no sleep hardly. Again I ramble at best of times my friends say I don't write texts I write essays so sorry for rambles. Also the loo has became my friend if u get me. Not good. Do people think I shud keep lyrica dose up or go up even ? I thought maybe by now the roxis wed be out my system but I b even on them years. So think I'll stick to advice given on here about staying on then 2/3 months. Does anyone know what dose I cud go up to ?
So im still going strong well strongish lol. My mind still saying I don't want them. Which is good. Anyway hope you all good as you all can be.

Try and stay at or below 900mg per day is what I've seen recommended. I believe 300mg is the maximum suggested dose to take at any one time, though I have taken up to 1,200mg at once before and god knows how much over the course of the entire day trying to catch a buzz. For your purposes though this is a huge waste. 300mg at a time three to four times a day should be the maximum you'd need, probably less. If you have a history of seizures try and stay as low as possible because at the higher doses seizures may present.

Day 20. Not gone into work as still feel rough. Maybe I have bug along side this ?? Who knows. Lol. Anyway last night I read and watched video of roxy abuse in USA. Here in UK oxy abuse is lot lower than USA as they mega hard to get hold of here. Heroin. Still main one here. Anyway back to point. I was taking orally 120mg twice sometimes three times a day and as I've said I no way at all suggest ppl take that amount as I've said I built up to that level I thought that was huge amount it is huge amount but that also one of things that scared me into also quitting and what I seen last night shocked and scared the hell out of me. It was saying that more babies now born wd from pain meds in USA then heroin and one woman was saying she started on 30mg orally 3x day and in end she was on 30x30mg up to three times a day !!! So 900mg. It was like wtf. And she was snorting it ?? So like either 1800mg a day or 2700mg. I was floored. Like how was she not dead ??? 360mg a day orally scared shit out of me.
I won't be going back on it. My mind still strong even though I anxious and at times having shit physical symptoms. Which I think as I said yesterday is due to me lowering dose of Lyrica
So thanks for reading my rambles. It helps just writing this to be honest.

Your not addicted to lyrica yet. It takes a couple months in my experience. Keep writing I think it helps. You may well have caught a cold as it can be decimating in early recovery when our immune systems are weak.

Hi guys. Im putting this message on both threads I'm on so sorry if u read it twice? Day 39 clean. !!!! Longest I've gone ever without the oxys. I know I haven't posted in while but been busy doing all things I didn't do while on oxys. Plus had to build a few bridges with family , friends. As on oxys I just cudnt be arsed as we say in UK to go see people.
Anyway. I've had bad days I'll be honest. Days when I'm so down and days where I have thought. Just one more won't hurt me and been so close to ringing people but I haven't. As I remember that it got to point after so many yrs I was just taking them to be normal. And so I try and think no point in going back now I come this far. I also told my mum and daughter at last. And they along with partner been great. My mum knew I had problem but like she said if she said anything I wud have just denied it. And I wud have.
So on I go. Trying to live without it seems something I've hold on to for so long. At times I had shocking anxiety I also wasn't sleeping and when I went to see doc he gave me diazepam which kinda made me think good job I not into benzodiazepines!! I've only had one after I cudnt sleep for three days. I was just dropping of for ten mins at time. And it got better after about four to five days. As normal I'm rambling.
I hope you good VE. And I hope everyone else is.
Toothpaste I hope you see this as need bit of advice. I still taking the lyrica. I take 450mg at start of day. My day starts at 5am I'll add due to work. And then just 150 about 7pm what's highest dose I can go up to ? Looking at staright doctor sites they say just 600mg in total but I have tons of these. So if for while it ok to go up a bit I can. Any advice on this I'd be grateful. Thanks.
So to finish I'm just trying to get through each day. I won't go back its just trying to deal with what I find myself coming across each day what ever that may be. Anxiety, depression,Thoughts of wanting them ,
work and family helps and I know I'm going to do this. Take care ppl x

Sorry toothpaste just seen this from you ((((((( Try and stay at or below 900mg per day is what I've seen recommended. I believe 300mg is the maximum suggested dose to take at any one time, though I have taken up to 1,200mg at once before and god knows how much over the course of the entire day trying to catch a buzz. For your purposes though this is a huge waste. 300mg at a time three to four times a day should be the maximum you'd need, probably less. If you have a history of seizures try and stay as low as possible because at the higher doses seizures may present.))))
so ignore that question. Maybe I was in daze when u posted that last time lol. Sorry again.