• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Started microdosing shrooms today for depression.

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
I have suffered my whole life with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder. Big-pharma-antidepressants didn’t work on me. On Suboxone but I was never feeling naturally at peace nor my reoccurring thoughts all that positive either. Practicing regular meditation has always been a real challenge for me.
Today I took what I eyeballed to be 50 milligrams of psilocybin. Let me read the label here, “Psilocybin Cubensis, Golden Teacher, Lions Mane, Niacin, Ginger capsules 500milligrams/capsule.” I have always been the physiologically sensitive type. Just starting my day here and I notice I have an appetite to eat. Nature looks more beautiful. I am not bombarded by reoccurring negative thoughts at this moment. I feel more naturally energized which is very surprising to me; as a former opiate-addict energy has always been a problem in my life. It is 11:00am for me right now and I still have the whole day ahead of me. I will update my journey regularly. I just had to find out on my own whether microdosing shrooms and its purported benefits were true. I want to be skeptical and open-minded at the same time. It has been recommended that I dose about once every three days according to some sources. I am open to any thoughts and recommendations or to hear about your experiences microdosing different substances.

Last edited:
During the afternoon through to 10pm local time, I was surprised that I wasn’t more energized. I didn’t find that my thinking was more “divergent nor convergent” as a shroom-microdoser would expect. At the same time, I wasn’t eating a proper supper yesterday and so that might have affected my later-day experience. I feel low energy this morning having my coffee and I’m now reaching for 50mg shrooms. No 2 days in a row, I know but I need a boost of some kind this morning.

Today and tonight the second-dose gave me fairly good energy. However, I do not feel noticeably more compassionate or more creative but I feel slightly calmer than I usually do.
My thinking was calm under pressure this evening at my work. My thoughts were fairly focused. I don’t know if more so than usual.
One source says that for each of my three doses for the week I should increase from 50mg to 75mg to 100mg to see which feels best for me and to stay at that. Then to take breaks and restarting again. Will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Awesome thread! I am very interested in treating depression with shrooms or ketamine, and treating PTSD with MDMA. I am going to keep an eye on this one.

If its 50mg of psilocybin cubensis then that would be a pretty low microdose, if one assumes 50mg is maybe 1% psilocybin, then its about 500ug per dose. Anyone know the conversion to ratio of psilocybin to 4-HO-DMT?

Actually on second thought seems like a good dosing increment. My experiments with 2-3mg of 4-acetoxy-dmt microdoses just felt weird. Same thing with my 4-HO-MET microdosing attempts. Same with 10ug of LSD. They all made me feel dumb, tired and weird. Perhaps i should try much smaller doses.

In hindsight, the perceived reduced anxiety that I experienced yesterday makes me want to dose again for the third day in a row but to increase to 75mg. Today is an important day for me at work. I’ll see what happens. Will keep you updated.
Used a scale today to weigh out 80mg.

Last edited:
yesterday felt productive because i went for a walk and did some cleaning around the house. i liked how subtle it was with the dose, i might try up it to 75mg for the next dose in a couple days, see if i can find a sweet spot.

yesterday felt productive because i went for a walk and did some cleaning around the house. i liked how subtle it was with the dose, i might try up it to 75mg for the next dose in a couple days, see if i can find a sweet spot.

Psychedelics help turn off default mode network, allowing us to complete tasks easier with motivation to do so.

-GC

I've tried microdosing mushrooms and I still don't like the body load. Mushrooms make me feel heavy, weak, intense, and draw me into anxiety because my body feels overwhelmed. Have you noticed this with microdosing them? I wish this didn't happen because they are such a useful tool for healing.

Tonight at work near the end of my shift I felt irritable. I kept the feeling inside but my tolerance towards others ran thin tonight. I’m not impressed by this 75mg that I supposedly took. Earlier in the day the experience was better. I wasn’t all that focused and was a bit hesitant throughout.

Last edited:
Took 50mg shrooms today. I hope my Friday goes smoothly today. Yesterday I had one cigarette and it didn’t make me feel all that well so I will not have any cigs today; I’m not a regular smoker anyways.

I've tried microdosing mushrooms and I still don't like the body load. Mushrooms make me feel heavy, weak, intense, and draw me into anxiety because my body feels overwhelmed. Have you noticed this with microdosing them? I wish this didn't happen because they are such a useful tool for healing.
i do get that somewhere after 100mg, maybe try 50mg next time and titrate up by 25mg with 3 day gaps between doses. i still felt some benefit from 50mg, but none of the body load or anxiety.

I was feeling nauseous for most of the day Friday. I didn’t feel much more creative at my work. I might have felt more compassionate towards others, I’m not sure. I didn’t feel super depressed in terms of emotions, however my thoughts seem to lead me to think that my life situation as futile. Tomorrow Saturday I’m not working and so I haven’t decided whether to dose or not.

I was feeling really depressed all day today Saturday and I feel these headaches as well. Took about 50-75mg shroom dose at 8:45pm. Now I’m going to work on my hobbies.

It's Sunday. My second day off work. I decided to take a full capsule- 500mg shrooms. This is definitely not a microdose but at the same time nowhere near a heroic dose. Will it help my depressive symptoms? I also have a slight headache today. I will see.
A couple hours later. I’m not tripping at all on 500mg. I feel more calm and less depressed. I’m surprised so far. A little sleepy having a coffee.
I haven’t been successful in treating my depression with the shrooms I have. I feel like giving up on the whole process. Anyone on here have success stories?

Last edited:
Monday August 20th 7:30am, feeling tiered and a bit depressed. Took about 50mg with my breakfast, coffee, and Suboxone going to start my day.
I feel more calm and my depression disappeared within an hour. The negative thoughts are not reoccurring at the moment. I am more aware of my surroundings and am more empathetic.

Last edited:
I tried microdosing shrooms for anxiety and depression, started on 50mg Cubensis, didn't feel anything so the next day tried 75mg and felt anxiety that lasted about 45 minutes I had to take a tapentadol soma pill, felt a bit of focas and energy when the anxiety wore off but the Cubensis kept me awake that night so I gave up