• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Star Trek - how many trekkers out there?

pseudoSym - well said!
Bester - relax, it's a TV show - you need to get out more ;)

I enjoy the Moives and the Series's but i wouldent call myself a trekkie

well i woudlnt call myself a trekkie, but i do enjoy the movies and all the series.... except for the old old old ones, from back in the 60's they were boring as watching grass grow.

OMG wow... Trekkies all around. Yeah I am one!! :D
I was once even a member of the Fan Club!
I've got a Generations poster, with lots of stars on it... so much fun to look at in an altered state ;)
Love The Original Series and The Next Generation. Can't wait to see what this new one is like, im finding it dificult to restrain myself from downloading some episodes.
Genasirus: The Captains personal log ROFL!
Bester: I don't deny that Babylon 5 was amazing television too. The ongoing storyline got so deep! hehe, I'd love ST to work like that.
Delete them! (<-- silly little joke, ignore me)
gleep

The new Star Trek series Enterprise, begins tonight Wednesday 20th Feb. I'ts on channel 9 at 10:30pm (For Melbourne and Sydney at least).
Here is what NineMSN has to say about it:
Set in the 22nd Century, Enterprise takes place during the early pioneering days of deep space exploration, when interstellar travel is in its infancy and the United Federation of Planets is still decades away. Captain Jonathon Archer is bold, intensely curious and eager to venture where no man has gone before. And so, the Enterprise crew set out on a maiden voyage with a mission to return a wounded Klingon to his people.

Well what can I say but different - I don't know what else to say after just one episode? It's definately not what I expected.
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like it has broken from the Star Trek mould. The acting and dialogue seem to be far more looser and relaxed than previously - which took abit of getting used to for me. I know alot of people bag Star Trek for being bland and boring - but thats what I liked about it - must be me :)
Still, I enjoyed watching Enterprise and will give it a few more episodes before I make a full judgement.
[ 20 February 2002: Message edited by: haste ]

Different is a good word hastey! I was freaked out from the start. Whats with the theme song???
Also, notice how there is no mention of "Star Trek" anywhere, except that it's based of it.
Anyway, like hastey, I'll reserve my opnion after I've watched abit more of it, it wasn't much of a begining in my opnion and I was left feeling I had missed a few episodes?

the show wasn't half bad, but the theme song? WTF? what sorta lame bon jovi power ballad was that? jebus!!

I got into Voyager and Next Generation in England. 530 on a Sunday night used to rock my world in a cold cramped flat in Machester :)
Long live Seven of Nine :p

I got into Voyager and Next Generation in England. 530 on a Sunday night used to rock my world in a cold cramped flat in Machester :)
Long live Seven of Nine :p

mrspock.gif

Bump Me Up Scotty!

I just caught the end of Enterprise, and frankly I think it sucked. Unfortunately. That captain is nowhere near as hard as Benjamin Sisco, and he lacks the air of authority thing that Picard does so well. I think Janeway had more balls than this guy. And I keep thinking of that crap series the actor used to be in - anyone remember it?

It was Quantam Leep.
I'm actually starting to get into Enterprise - I know it's only 2 episodes old still, but I think it will get better as time goes on and the actors settle in and they play around with the format.
I think the pilot (if thats what the first two episodes were) was abit on the corny side and I also think it was rushed - or it seemed to me anyway. But now that they are under way I think it will get better - here's hoping :)
I agree the captain is weak and lacks the conviction of someone in power. There will never be another Picard, they guy's a legend :)