• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Star Trek (all of 'em)

Spazzzz?

Bluelighter
Please tell me I'm not the only Star Trek lover on this board. Surely with all the psychedelic users around there has to be at least a few of us (trekkies) around.

I have only fairly recently (couple years) opened up my eyes to Star Trek, and at first I was only interested in the original series. After seeing all 79 episodes numerous times, I gave Next Generation a chance. I still remember the episode of TNG I watched, "Frame of Mind." I barely even knew the names of the characters at the time, but that episode showed me how cool Next Generation was.

At the time I figured I was going through a little phase similar to the way one would do when they find a new band that they really like. Two and a half years later I still find myself searching for episodes I haven't seen. Star Trek kicks ass.

Although many people would disagree with me here, I found Star Trek Enterprise to be a good change for the Star Trek series. It took a little getting used to (theme song, Trip's accent), but the whole Xindi trying to destroy Earth thing was badass if you ask me. IMO, Rick Berman did it again. Scott Bakula is a good captain regardless what you all think!

Gotta go, more later. Someone else better respond, I know i'm not the only trekkie here.

I like next generation seen every episode I also got into deep space nine a lil bit

yay star trek, i've liked star trek ever since I was a little kid, I was never too big into the original series but I grew up with TNG, my favorite is deep space nine which was a different approach for star trek and ended up being really good, another good thing about deep space nine is that it shows us that people other then random ensigns and other crew members can die ;)
finally although most people would call my crazy for it star trek voyager I like almost as much as deep space nine i've seen every episode of the 3 mentioned above..

I never did finish watch TOS but I don't see its really needed.. as much as I like some of the characters its just kinda outdated for me

I couldn't get into enterprise maybe i'll try again sometime but scott bakula (sp?) sucks ass, if they had just picked a different person for captain i'm sure I would be interested

TNG came out at precisely the right time for me to have maximum enjoyment. loved it immensely.

i dug ds9 but missed eps so stopped watching hoping to "catch up one day" but never have.

voyager was alright, but the episode's continuity pissed me off a bit.

i got bored of the whole "lone crew on a voyage of discovery" dynamic by the time enterprise began.

oh and first contact is one of my favourite films of any genre/franchise

^ first contact was a very good film, however the last two films with the enterprise crew fell short by quite a bit, I liked generations and first contact was great but those last two in which the titles escape me were just mostly bad...

I really hope they come up with a new series, one that will be interesting..
the new film coming out sounds good but hard to say this early

Been a Trekkie my whole life. :)

Not a Bloodwine and Klingon dictionary-owning, every episode-memorizing, ZOMG! I paid $45 for Shatner's autograph! Trekkie, but I've always liked the universe and the characters and races in it.

The rundown:

TOS: Still my favorite series. I just love the campy, stitched-together, Golden Age feel of the show--the best episodes, anyway. Even liked the animated series...

TNG: Love it, as well; for years I got to stay up past my usual bedtime to watch the latest episode with my folks. :) Despite my aforementioned preference for TOS, the best episodes of TNG are the best of any of the Trek series, IMHO.

The movies: These have always been a mixed bag for me. Of the TOS films, only II, IV, and VI are top-notch (WOK is my all-time favorite Trek movie). Though my opinion of TMP has improved with time, it still falls far below my favorites.

Of the TNG films, only First Contact is any good, IMO. Great, in fact; it's my second all-time favorite Trek flick. Hated Generations and Nemesis, and Insurrection was merely competent.

I never really watched enough of the other series to comment; though my folks liked it, DS9 never grabbed me. Ditto for Voyager and Enterprise.

Hops said:
^ I liked generations and first contact was great but those last two in which the titles escape me were just mostly bad...

agreed.

BUT...

i have a special feeling for insurrection.
it was a couple of weeks (at least) before it's release date and i had recenty purchased a rather large TNG book called "the continuing mission" which outlines every episode and had a small segment on the upcoming film. Later i would get the book signed by q (delancey), but anyway...
i went to the cinema for the now defunct "mystery movie" session, which was held during the weekdays occasionally so not many people could go. You don't know what you were going to see, but based on the upcoming releases, i had a suspicion that it may be the new trek. when the opening classic tune played faintly, there was a small cheer from the sparse attendance i felt such a rush of excitement at that moment, which lasted my entire first viewing.

upon closer inspection afterwards, controlling the enterprise with a microsoft joystick was pissweak.
but i still hold the film far higher in regard than that of nemesis.

^
Any Trek film is in higher regard than Nemesis...and with tripe like The Final Frontier floating around, that's a low blow indeed.

;)

Have any of you seen the casting for the new Star Trek movie yet?

From Wiki:
* Chris Pine as James T. Kirk.[4]
* Zachary Quinto as Spock.[5]
* Karl Urban as Leonard McCoy.[6]
* Simon Pegg as Montgomery Scott.[7]
* Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov.[8]
* Zoë Saldaña as Uhura.[9]
* John Cho as Hikaru Sulu.[10]
* Eric Bana as Nero, the villain of the film.[11]
* Clifton Collins Jr. as General Ayel, Nero's henchman.[12]
* Leonard Nimoy as the older Spock.[13]
* Bruce Greenwood as Christopher Pike.[14]
* Ben Cross as Sarek, Spock's Vulcan father.[15]
* Winona Ryder as Amanda Grayson, Spock's human mother.[16]
* Chris Hemsworth as George Samuel Kirk Senior, Kirk's father.[17]
* Rachel Nichols in an unknown role.[18]
* Jennifer Morrison in an unknown role.[19]

SIMON PEGG!
Holy shit!

He's a drunk, Scotty was a drunk, I'm happy. :D

Anyway, I loved TNG (everything after the first season, which I felt suffered from too much of an attempt to copy the old show -- it was so forced, and the characters don't act like they should, Data has too many emotions and is generally annoying, for instance), I didn't like the original series that much, but it had its moments. DS9 is also a quality show, great acting, great plots -- it definitely deviated from the standard Trek series cliche, and it was better for it.

I wished Voyager was more gritty. The premise was awesome -- ship stranded across the galaxy, limited supplies... of course they seem to be all healthy, the ship is [more or less] always running properly, and any time they miss Earth or whatever they can hop into the holodeck and escape. Sounds like paradise. It should have been fucked up -- the ship should have looked like a disaster, no one should have looked like they showered in years, and Janeway should have caught scurvy and had her teeth fall out. The continuity also bothered me, but there were still a few great episodes.

I never paid attention to Enterprise, after hearing the theme song. *shudders*

I loved the movies based on Kirk and crew. Star Treks I, II, and IV were by far my favorites. Yeah, even the first one, The Motion Picture, I own the Director's Cut on DVD, which actually adds finished special effects (which weren't in the original due to time constraints), adds back character building scenes, and basically turns an originally boring Star Trek movie into one of the best in the series. I felt this one dealt with big concepts and deep issues moreso than any other of the films. Plus, it was pretty to look at -- the special effects were awesome for 1979.

I'm going to have a hard time watching other actors play Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Looking forward to it none the less.

I noticed some of you guys mentioned Deep Space Nine as one of your favorites. Bleh. IMO, DS9 is boring. They rarely even go anywhere. It doesn't have the intriguing storylines that make for a good Star Trek episode.

I love Voyager. I'm making it a point to only watch them in order, or close to it. For a while I refused to watch any of the episodes because I had missed the episode where Kes leaves and Seven of Nine arrived. I managed to find that episode and have since caught up to the episodes on Spike.

More later.

Anyone who has seen the Voyager episodes "Year of Hell Pt.1 and 2" has to appreciate Voyager. Red Forman (70s show) has that weapon that changes timelines. Fuckin sick.

i must admit, that voyager episode that introduce species 8472 had the most stunning intro ever.
two borg cubes.
"resistance is futile"
zap zap bang bang

When Voyager was awesome, it was awesome.

When it was crap, it was god awful.

They got into the trap of having a "species of the week" each episode that had a slightly different forehead configuration. And, I still think the show should have been far more gritty and dark. "Year Of Hell" was an awesome episode (both parts). The entire series should have been like that. Seriously.

Every series has a few bad ones if you ask me, besides maybe TOS which just has a magical feel to it that makes me happy to watch even though i've seen em all a million times.

Star Trek is perfect for getting blazed and trancing out into the thick story lines.

Even some of the slower, more boring episodes often times have a moderately entertaining idea behind the story.

Star Trek-Great show that paved the way for many shows and movies made after it.

Star Trek:The Next Generation-I've seen just about every episode three or four times. Q is my favorite "villain". He was perfect to launch the first episodes and I can't believe he wasn't used in TNG movies. The only thing I didn't like was Wesley. I wish Captain Picard would have bitch-slapped that little fucker. Also,any episode that featured Worf primarily. Boring.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine-I tried,but could never get into this series. To me,it was way to boring and I hated that grouchy-ass Commander Sisko. Also on my hate list:Quark,the shape-shifter(whatever the hell his name was),the woman with the slight wrinkle on the bridge of her nose(whatever the hell her name was)

Star Trek:Voyager-Some of the episodes were good. Most were repetitive and Captain Janeway's Ertha Kitt voice got on my damn nerves.

Star Trek:Enterprise-Can't comment. I've never seen one episode.

^
Q is my favorite "villain". He was perfect to launch the first episodes and I can't believe he wasn't used in TNG movies.

I totally agree--not using the Q-Continuum even once was inexcusable, IMO.

I also agree with you on DS9--though a lot of Trekkies love it for its depth and darker tone, I was never able to get into it. None of the characters or scenarios really interested me--okay, save for "Trials and Tribbleations". ;)

Big Trekkie here!!
I actually have a few props from the STOS show.
I remember when I was young I had those Blue walkie talkies that sorta looked like communicators.
Favorite episodes:

STOS: Arena (the one with the Gorn)
STTNG: The Borg episode where Q first introduces them.
STDS9: The retro epsiode where they went to K-7 space station in the past (trouble with tribbles)
STV: The aliens from the fluid space species #8472
STE: Dark Mirror ( alternate Universe )
Would have to say best Motion picture is still Star Trak 2 Wrath of Khan, but First Contact comes in close second.

I'm probably the only Trekkie you'll meet that preferred Generations to First Contact. It was closer in proximity to the series, and it felt epic in a way that the old TOS films felt. Plus, the bridging of the two generations of Star Trek was well done. Sure, Data acted like a retard (he does in all the films, I wish he'd never put in that damned emotion chip, the best parts of Data's character were his struggle to be more human -- suddenly he was basically human, and it removed what made his character special), but on the other hand, I felt the film was emotional and moving on the whole. Patrick Stewart shows us some of his finest Trek acting.

The whole premise of First Contact seemed completely unbelievable, and the Borg were completely brought into the realm of the average villain with the Borg Queen. Suddenly they weren't this huge unstoppable force, like a force of nature, a swarm of bees. Now they had this figurehead. The idea of no leader -- just a collective consciousness, that was far creepier. And, the idea of going back in time, you know, fuck, I hate time travel stories. It's like a dastardly plot fucking Lex Luthor would come up with had they made a shitty Superman 5.

Anyway, I'm an angry, nerdy ST fan who gets mad at trivial things like that. :)

Star Trek: mixed species

of all the different species on star trek wich ones do you think would make the funniest , worst or weirdest combinations.

I would have to say Klingon and Kazon would definately create a terrible race of relentless killers hell bent on conquering the galaxy