• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Stages of a psychonaut's journey.

ErgotFiend

Bluelighter
I'm curious in your own words what steps a psychedelic user must take to reach an advanced experience level. I'm talking from perpetually sober to handling bad +++ experiences like a champ. Is there a list of stages you can lay out for us? How closely did your journey mirror them? What stage are you on? In my case I would still only consider myself to be an intermediate user, so take my higher tiers with a massive grain of salt:

1) Sober:
-Never had a psychoactive drug, or at least never noticed a difference in your cognition from a chemical compound.
-May believe that psychoactive substances simply wouldn't work on you. Like you're immune.
-Probably believe hallucinogens make you see unicorns and fairies with no emotional depth.
2) Curious:
-Recently heard about psychedelics from Joe Rogan, Terrance McKenna, or some other popular figure who advocates them.
-Expresses interest in trying some particular psychedelic, with an aversion to other varieties.
-May start talking to friends with similar interest or outright experience of their own.
-Fascinated by descriptions of psychedelics and psychedelic art.
-Has decent, though vicarious, understanding of what these drugs are like.
3) Noob:
-Recently took their first dose of a substance.
-If it went well, they might just take a heroic dose immediately and get their ass beat.
-Still coming to terms with the radical shift in their perception of the universe and are questioning their philosophy.
-Gets into flame wars with people online about why high doses are actually really easy and they are invincible.
-No consistent access to a supply of these drugs.
4) Novice:
-Dosing very regularly.
-Sticking to a reasonable dosage. Might have had to learn that the hard way.
-Learning niche information on the experience, EG ignoring the delusion that you've forgot how to breath, resisting nonsensical impulses, healthier comeup practices.
-May have a couple +++ experiences, but with any luck they are still cautious.
-Realize they have no clue what the high end of psychedelics feel like, and are possibly terrified of trying them.
-Realize these substances have powerful self improvement potential.
5) Intermediate:
-Had a few ++++ experiences where they go beyond ego death into incredibly mystical territory.
-Have a firm subjective interpretation of these experiences even mean EG all just hallucinations, i am experiencing god consciousness, etc.
-Know, with great accuracy, what every hallucinogen and hallucinogen combination feels like.
-Plans out big experiences in advance.
-May be ready to try salvia and actually get value out of it.
-Feels isolated sometimes in how few people in the world have seen what they have.
-Death no longer scary.
-Expert on other people's trip reports and uses them to avoid any errors when embarking on the high end (which is still uncharted territory for them).
-Probably uses bluelight.
-Useful guide for noobs. Decent shaman / trip sitter.
-May take serious lengths of time off to digest craziest experiences.
6) Advanced:
-Through both planning and excellent mental training, they are incapable of having bad experiences.
-Push the boundaries of what is even possible with psychedelics, IE many new doses and combinations.
-Full to the brim with genuinely good advice for people at any experience level.
-Probably in their thirties at least.
-Probably over a decade of experience.
-Gone to 5-meo-dmt levels of intensity more times than they can quickly recall.
-Recognizable name on trip reports.
-Has a drug of choice.
-Incredibly rigid philosophy that has stood the test of enumerable insane experiences.
-Knows when doses are too high to be useful, and sticks within the ideal range (which would still turn a newbie into dust).
-Is the perfect trip sitter, always knowing exactly what to say / do.