• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stable drug users? 'til death!

SteeleyJ said:
^^ I'm sorry to hear that man....
May I ask what kind it is?
Can you still move around and do things well?

( not trying to pry, if you don't want to answer i'll understand )

It's a terminal form of prostate cancer...basically it would have been prevented if i felt the agonizing pain...but i was on heavy doses of heroin for two years, and before that lots and lots of Pod tea...so they caught it late, and i got about a year max :( thanks for the concern. i can still move about, but they won't give me any painkillers and i work fulltime still, so it makes the situation very very frustrating/miserable etc. But thus is life. That is also why i am switching from suboxone to methadone, so i can finally get some pain relieved. I just (well still going through it) of Necrtotising Fasciitis, and yesterday they cut out a piece of my arm, and hey guess what?" no painkillers, just naproxen. hopefully they won't have to amputate, because i have been a rather successful independent musician and am planning to release a final record before the end, and i don't know how i would do that with one hand :( this is making me very sad so im gonna stop, but again, thanks for the concern.

let Allah watch over all of you

Shit... Sorry to hear that, I hope you will be able to release that final record, let us know if you can, I would be happy to be able to listen to it. :(

You're in my thoughts
Fuz

paranoid android said:
Why is a person a pussy if they admit they have a problem and want to get off street opiates such as heroin and onto a prescribed opiate so they can have a stable life? I would get pretty sick of having to go out and score heroin or whatever and going through withdrawals whenever i can't get a hookup. There is usually a time when you run out of money and can't afford to get your dope or your dealer is missing in action or something else goes wrong.

So getting on bupe is a better choice for some then constantly looking for a fix. Atleast if you have a stable script you won't be getting sick on one of those days when everything goes wrong.

"Why is a person a pussy if they admit they have a problem and want to get off street opiates such as heroin and onto a prescribed opiate so they can have a stable life"

A stable life ? have you experienced methadone withdrawl after 6+ months of everymorning use ? the way you put that is sugar coating it quite a bit, getting off street opiates and having a stable life is like a baby learning to break dance. its gonna take years before your life is stable again.

euphoricnod said:
ANyone who thinks that you can stay on stims for the duration of a lifetime is fucking nuts, you will eventually feel like crap. Fun shit huh?

been on stims every day for 10 years without escalating the dosage, feel fine thank you!

bfisher said:
"Why is a person a pussy if they admit they have a problem and want to get off street opiates such as heroin and onto a prescribed opiate so they can have a stable life"

A stable life ? have you experienced methadone withdrawl after 6+ months of everymorning use ? the way you put that is sugar coating it quite a bit, getting off street opiates and having a stable life is like a baby learning to break dance. its gonna take years before your life is stable again.

Nope i havent even tried methadone because i can't fuckin well get it on script for my pain due to shitty canadian rules about it. But i have kicked oxycodone and morphine (mostly morphine oxy kinda sucks for my pain) after about a year of more or less constant use. Ive been using opiates for pain for about 3 years but i never got a habit until last year. Ive been through withdrawal about 4 times and had a taste of it the other day again when my dilaudid ran out.

Im not clean now at all but i also need my meds for pain so it isn't really a option for me. I do like the high too =D . More then likely ill be a opiate user till the day i die.

damn i need to meet some of yall doctors
doseages of 6mg klon/xanax a day????? wtf

mmm. i smoke cannabis and take 4-8mg suboxone daily...and i do xanax and heroin about once a week

Ok.
so lowering your dosage of suboxone is a piece of cake.

getting off benzos has always been easy for me too. (kinda sux, but oh well no cravings)

So far, it seems my amphetamines have fucked me the most. I fee very icky, depressed, fatigued after three days of no stims. even after weeks; I start to want it, more like NEED it actually.

So recently, i've been taking my dexedrine 3 days out of 7 on average. When I do it, I do anywhere from 50-100mgs throughout the day. That keeps me wired, then I sleep maybe 4 hours and still feel energy all the way into the next afternoon. I always get pretty high, but the culimitive side-effects kind of suck without my benzo's. wish i had some ambien right now.