St. Johns Wort

Lizzy

Bluelighter
Hey people, I was just wondering if any of you thought St. Johns Wort, actually worked well as a mood enhancer or not. What are the other effects of it. Thanks. Later

Personally, I found that regular dosing of about 100-150 mg of 5-htp a day does a great job. I didn't try St John's Wort for all that long, I guess I just like 5-htp better.
BTW, does anybody know if SJW has similar appetite suppressant and sleep aid/dream enhancement properties as 5-htp? Just curious
smile.gif

Dave

I don't know, but I took like 1500 mg's of STW and was kinda out there. It does an all right job of enhancing mood, I think 5-htp is better.
-Chris
------------------
"We are pagens, we worship great walls of sound."
-Unknown Raver

I switch back and forth from St. John's Wort and 5htp. Well, not really, I just use them each in a different manner. I have lately been taking St. John's Wort regularly and I like the affects. I kind of thought 5htp was starting to fuck with my head a little bit. My rolls just did not seem as good. But I do not have any evidence, just personal opinion. But I do know that I have been taking St. John's Wort regularly (200mg a day) and my rolls have been incredible! And I seem to get less of the intense head pain that usually creeps on a couple of days afterward....by the way, does anyone else get that (maybe i will post that question because i am curious)? But I like to take 5htp if I can't get to sleep at night, even though my dreams are always incredibly freaky! For that same reason I do not like to take it (5htp)during the day...it makes me sleepy. You should just experiment with both and figure out which you like best. Maybe I had just started to go way overboard with the 5htp. Who knows! Good luck...and now reading back over this, it is probably of no help at all. Sorry!