• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SSRI/SNRI meds. The greatest scam big pharm has ever pulled?

Doctors are way too happy to prescribe anti depressants. The fact that they prescribe them before referring to psychologist/psychiatrist is disgusting given the severe side effects and withdrawal symptoms associated with ssri/snri drugs.

I've always found dopaminergic drugs way more effective at relieving depressive symptoms and getting me back on the right track, obviously not suitable for long term due to habit forming potential but still incredibly useful. Psychedelics have been very useful too. Pristiq just made me completely apathetic towards everything, even towards driving which scared the shit out of me after the fact.

I would also agree that they feel more toxic to me than dodgy street drugs, I'd rather take most piperazines than pristiq again.

Doctors are way too happy to prescribe anti depressants. The fact that they prescribe them before referring to psychologist/psychiatrist is disgusting given the severe side effects and withdrawal symptoms associated with ssri/snri drugs.

I've always found dopaminergic drugs way more effective at relieving depressive symptoms and getting me back on the right track, obviously not suitable for long term due to habit forming potential but still incredibly useful. Psychedelics have been very useful too. Pristiq just made me completely apathetic towards everything, even towards driving which scared the shit out of me after the fact.

I would also agree that they feel more toxic to me than dodgy street drugs, I'd rather take most piperazines than pristiq again.

^ I was 'ok' with Pretiq but not (side) Effexor. Wouldn't say Prestiq really helped me at all but I could tolerate the side effects. Switched to Effexor for a bit then to Calafornian Rocket Fuel (mirtazapine and Effexor) which sent me completely loopy manic... Sold 10k worth of drum kit in a month... Taken off the Effexor and returned to baseline...
In retrospect I was already basically on Californian Rocket Fuel, just Prestiq instead of Effexor for months...

Weird shitty meds

"Effexor" and "Piestiq" are venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine. Effexor carries a black label warning in the USA and Pristiq is not authorized for prescription in most EU countries due to the lack of clinical data supporting its efficacy as an anti depressant. Hell I get the same feeling from a low dose (5mg is a low dose for me anyway) of 3 meo pcp as say 150 mg Effexor. Shit stuff seen way to many people become manic when on it or if they run out of meds and can't get a script utterly psychotic.

Mirtazapine is ok I guess but really seems more of a hypnotic with some mild anti depressant properties. The others are all hit and miss and more often than not miss (zoloft, prozac etc). Got to love big Pharma making a killing of the worried well and the poor bastards who actually need some kind of anti depressant therapy. Seen people get addicted to SSRi's and SNRI's... Call my a cynic but really were playing with brain chemistry we at best poorly understand. May as well have a dart board with the various brands divided into sections and your GP/psychiatrist just chuck a few darts at it till they hit one and then write you a script.

Ive tried them all, lexapro was the least bad, effexor was the worst. Turned me into a very aggressive person, and I did a lot of things that I regret on that powerful substance. Also withdrawal was worse than an opiate withdrawal, but not quite as bad as a benzo withdrawal. I have found that the tried and tested valium, although far from perfect works the best for me.

I like Wellbutrin/Zyban/Bupropion, but it's very close to khat which is close to amphetamines. I would use it again if I were in a slump, but only for three weeks.