• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Spiritual/Religious Experiences on Amps/Stims

philip K dick purported to "talk with god" (VALIS) ... he wrote minority report after a few day speed bender

i don't know rozz. bob wilson was very influential in my philosophy. he got me into drugs and thus bluelight ;)

yeah, i read him young, it struck me very hard, but, im sure id have a different appreciation now for his work now... just no more ' trilogies ' and the like, for a bit. his stuff is on my shelf, and thats where it will wait..!
still in my brain enough after all this time.

been reading haufstrauter for,,, 16 years?
the same book?!?

hell yeah. thats all the slow stuff in the bag or the blotter.
but so much more absorbent, and retentive, of reference...

It's got nothing to do with amphetamines. That's just called meditating, what you're describing is what happens when you meditate. What you're feeling is 'God'

It could have been genuine mysticism, and then again it could just be hypomania

This. But I have to wonder wherein the distinction truly lies. Where does one draw a finite line between the two?

Many so-called 'spiritual experiences' have been likened to those produced by sensory deprivation or psychedelic drugs in laboratory settings. But what of mania? I can think of more than a few examples of recorded mystical upheavals (both ancient and contemporary) that bear closer resemblance to manic fervor than to psychedelic ecstasy. I would expect that some (or most) transcendant states include a measure of both.

both?

seems one discredits the other.

or do you mean; as attempted(i'll add) to be measured by a second-party?
~
;-)

seems one discredits the other

Discredit? What is that supposed to mean? As in, it doesn't sound as cool to talk about manic states as it does to discuss 'mystical' or 'spiritual' ones? Or perhaps you mean to suggest that mania and psychedelia can't go hand in hand?

I view mental states as decidedly neutral within the context of human regard. It doesn't much matter to me what 'credit' anyone ascribes to conscious experiences. Whether they happen or not, what qualities they exhibit, and what might might explain or describe their occurrence - these are my objects of chief consideration, and none of them are dependant upon petty interdividual consensus of worth or merit.

i see.

being objective and as realistic about your experiences is the point im going at as well. as ive said in the thread - to have such an experience on a substance, leaves to question how it occurred, and how much thought is to be given towards the realization.
i agree with you that a spiritual experience or realization isnt necessarily all euphoric and lovely, at all. very similar to 'mixed states' or psychosis. i do indeed have a line i draw myself(a strict one i feel). for me, to consider others opinions is very important, every outside perspective has their own line, and sometimes its the same as mine; there is always something to be learned through hearing others opinions.

to understand and learn from others of the psyche, spirit, various physics and nature is important, and builds strength in your personal stance, for sure. but to depend on a means like amphetamines or psychedelics is not necessary, and being dependent on them as ones means of spiritual exploration, is denying what our minds are capable of.

so i agree with you, as i said "or do you mean; as attempted(i'll add) to be measured by a second-party?"
-emphasis on attempted.

what is bi-polar?
it is one of the least under-stood psychiatric conditions as well as one the most commonly diagnosed. often severe cases have 'delusions of grandeur' and receive 'messages and instructions' or 'gifts and insights'. though if they were, wouldnt there be some proof, an actual tangible relation?
in the past, present or future as claimed?
i also have to consider this label is a quick way to discredit anything someone says or may claim.

idk, i will say i did have one instance, during several days of DMT use that ways acceptable to me. this was by in no means my first experience.
-i saw salmon swimming in a river, a river that began emptying, the salmon flopping around, and dying.
i then heard a booming voice tell me to watch the salmon for they will warn of our ends-

i think this is true... after so many years.

but it seems much the same as dream interpretation, making sense of these meanings of such sub-conscience(?) out-bursts.

i do walk this line, through this ring of fire.
and it aint cool by any-means.

Stimulant use and spirituality

Stimulant use is rarely or never associated with anything spiritual, unlike drugs such as LSD. In fact, it may appear to be just the opposite of what one considers 'spiritual'.

"Stimulant partying" is easily the rawest, most primal, subhuman, animalistic activity in the universe, primarily engaging the desire, fear, sex and survival instincts.

Dopamine is blind, instinctual. Understood by the crocodile just as well as by an Albert Einstein.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Fight, run, seek, f*ck and survive? .

What's funny is that I think heavy stimulant use, under certain conditions, can conceivably lead to transcendence of these and spiritual enlightenment (not abandonment... transcendence).

Someone in the MDPV forum called MDPV "powdered Zen", because at some point in a binge one enters an unusual state of Singularity, in which the thinking mind just stops cold. Self and other both go with it, and one is left empty even of emptiness, utterly at peace (for awhile). I've experienced it several times... no joke. Time is totally absent, all traces gone. The ego -- crushed under the wheels of too much "too much".

Dopamine has lessons to teach, although they can be bitter and hard -- and they're all nonverbal and transcend both the intellect and emotions. If you can't run anymore, can't fight anymore, can't seek anymore, can't f*ck anymore and can't survive anymore -- what happens?

Ask Buddha.

Peace...

there is a big fat amphetamine and spirituality thread-

iam sure this would be valuable in there-
if voice my opinion but then id have to quote myself again.
;-)

I know I post unusual stuff, pip... I like to think, and just post stuff if I'm thinking that I think might make others think (particularly along possible rarely-explored lines of thought). Since it has to do with spirituality (and the overall theme of BL, drugs) does it not fit OK here?

Peace..

I've had a few ++'s/and +++'s off of MDA and some speed, and MDMA

Time is totally absent, all traces gone. The ego -- crushed under the wheels of too much "too much".

Dopamine has lessons to teach, although they can be bitter and hard -- and they're all nonverbal and transcend both the intellect and emotions. If you can't run anymore, can't fight anymore, can't seek anymore, can't f*ck anymore and can't survive anymore -- what happens?

Ask Buddha.

Peace...

Ya ^ this... you put it better than I did. Allmost like you're living in the 4th dimension. Like improvising a tune with your band; or fucking a really hot girl .

this is why people fast, abstain from sleep, stick large rods through all sorts of parts of their body, all to obtain these "spiritual" (i prefer the term "mystical", it's more secular) states. my religion professor showed our class a video like this, of Sufi muslims injuring themselves in rather bizarre ways but feeling no pain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydE_gsiKR4U

tbh, i think that this is partly why drugs are illegal.