View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Spiritual Benefits of Wood Lovers Paralysis

Frog Dreams

Bluelighter
(I love that the art above is pulsing. Took me a moment to confirm that I wasn't hallucinating more than normal.)

Just ate three quarters of a gram of mushrooms (p subs) that - for whatever reason - have very strong WLP attached to them. I ate 12 grams from this batch and became completely paralysed from the waste down. I was in a supermarket.

I was in the back when it kicked in. There was pre-warning. I ignored it because I wanted to see if I could overcome the WLP in a non-dual state.

Turns out there is no way to overcome it.

So, my legs gave out at the back of the supermarket. I was near the cheese section.

I fell onto the ground. A staff member asked me if I need help. I politely and calmly told them no. I'm fine. This happens sometimes.

I work in disability, so I'm not concerned about public image. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

Previously (even with my foundation in disability) this would have concerned me. I would have struggled internally.

I didn't struggle. I worked myself slowly towards the front of the store, managing to move only 10 or 20 metres at a time at best. Then I would collapse.

There was zero fear.

Finally, when I got outside to the parking lot, it kicked in fully. I couldn't sustain any weight on my legs at all. They were completely dead for maybe 10 minutes.

A middle-aged Asian man was watching me. He seemed conflicted. Halfway between being compelled to offer help and fear for himself. I told him (so he didn't need to ask, or worry), "Don't worry mate. I'm fine."

He made sure to tie up his bicycle extra tight. I honestly think he was worried that I might have been faking paralysis so I could steal a bicycle?

People are strange.

To get to my car, I had to cross a single lane of (empty) traffic... but if I collapsed in the middle of that lane I would need help.

I kept trying to lift myself, then I would give up and sit down on the concrete. Then I would try and lift myself again.

Eventually I got myself to my feet and managed to reach my car. Opening the door and getting inside took some time. Then, once inside, I waited for my daughter and my wife.

My wife wasn't super happy about the whole situation but my daughter adores me and I can do nothing wrong.

WLP is what it is and I don't know what it is.

The paralysis is temporary.

I am not afraid.

The paralysis lends itself to submission in numerous ways. You have to overcome fear, but - also - it physically forces you to submit.

WLP puts me on my knees. At the height of it, I cannot function physically so I just go into my mind and there are no distractions.

I’ve been so curious to experience WLP, but haven’t enough experience with wood lovers period. Do you get it every time off a batch that has given it to you before? Is there a dosage or cut off point or will you feel it even on low doses? Shit sounds scary but could be cool if one is prepared for it.

-GC

Fascinating, I have heard of Psilocybe Azurescens causing paralysis in some people and when I had been gifted some freshly dried ones I got nervous about taking them. Nothing of the such happened to me but I have read the accounts. .5 grams of Azurescens felt like 3 grams of cubensis but with a more colder, Salvia like effect. I got the impression that like Salvia, the Azurescens need to decide if they like you. :) (or something like that)

And as I believe all life situations are for analyzing, you even through in psychological ways to overcome it. And it does seem like the mental is tied into the physical. Nice post.

I wonder how much paralysis effects people with the wood loving fungus and by what mechanism it happens. Seems it could be physical with a mental added component.

I really loved Psilocybe Azurescens and would love to see it more often. A friend of mine got them from a beach in Oregaon.

G_Chem said:
Do you get it every time off a batch that has given it to you before?

It's been somewhat hit and miss, so not altogether sure, but then my batches all get mixed together sometimes. Like I'll pick a small patch from here and another patch from there.

I suspect that it comes from the bark of particular trees rather than being specific to specific species of mushrooms (in this case, Psilocybe subaeruginosa).

The paralysis is very strong. I'm not sure if it has a mental component. I have tried many times to push through it but I think it's impossible.

It is also specific to certain parts of the body. Hands and face are the most common. With extreme cases, you become paraplegic.

I've heard a theory that it could be unknown alkaloids (that exist in specific strains of mushrooms) that don't cross the blood-brain barrier and end up binding to serotonin receptors throughout the body, but that is well beyond my scientific understanding. I am sceptical, however, because it definitely doesn't happen with every batch. I have had many Herculean doses of p subs throughout my life and not experienced WLP.

Somebody told me that mushrooms have a unique ability to "eat" a drug and then internally produce something else. From what I was told, somebody injected a drug (I think it was DMT) into a substrate. The mushrooms that grew from that substrate contained a different drug to both DMT and 4-HO-DMT... so - if that's not total bullshit - perhaps there is an unknown drug in the bark of a tree that the mushrooms eat and produce into a yet to be identified psychedelic that (again) doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier and ends up binding to other receptors causing paralysis.

The dose I described above was 12 grams of subs, which is a hell of a lot more than 12 grams of cubensis.

I had 0.75 grams today and barely detected WLP but sometimes I get a pretty strong reaction from small amounts.

To get to the paraplegic point usually requires many, many grams. I'm not 100% sure what is causing it and whether or not it has long term negative effects, so I try to avoid extreme paralysis. If I felt safer in my understanding of what is happening inside my body, I would experiment more.