Songs that remind you of drugs

Hi mal3volent !!! Good choice of song. I never use any kind of drug ,therefore no experience ...

The whole album for me, this is the sound of withdrawl in a cell with NO hope of any medicine to take away the pain.
"Suck it up kid, you gonna suffer a bit today" - Cop talking at me as I was dope sick in the cell & asked for a doctor.

ugh RL.

I rekon the impetus to be willing and hungry to learn and move on from flatlining, is an incentive (not a cure (obviously) but motions away from addiction; ie. being stuck)
Attitude can seem trite but it isn't- you go back; you fuck up but you start again and No one is in any position to judge how many times you do that, imho.:|<3

Last edited:
The whole album for me, this is the sound of withdrawl in a cell with NO hope of any medicine to take away the pain.
"Suck it up kid, you gonna suffer a bit today" - Cop talking at me as I was dope sick in the cell & asked for a doctor.

<3

Bottom-feeders (sea ;)) have only to go to the surface; if they choose; at their peril/stupidity.

Last edited:

Probably my favorite drug song would be Sound of Confusion/Walkin' With Jesus, along with Heroin by The Velvet Underground. Both I think perfectly capture the ethos of the user. Living a life of indescribable ecastasy when "you've found heaven on earth" and enduring the unspeakable pain that comes with paying the piper. I think in life we're all entitled to the same amount of pleasure and pain, some of us choose to experience both in extremes.

Is it the right choice? Well, I go back and forth. It is when I'm snorting line after line of coke while tripping balls on 2c-b and mushrooms while high on OxyContin and Soma, It's not when I end up in the emergency room, where I come to and see my mom holding me with tears welling up in her eyes for doing so. A junky's life is a brief, care-free, nihilistic existence of myopic hedonism at the cost of their mental, physical, and spiritual health, their relationships, their possessions, their soul, and often, ultimately, their life.

"Think'st thou that I, who saw the face of God
And tasted the eternal joys of heaven,
Am not tormented with ten thousand hells
In being deprived of everlasting bliss?”

I just started listening to this new artist. besides having an excellent singing voice his songs are mostly about the darkside of addiction. This song describes to a tee what drug addiction is to me:

The Script- Hall of Fame.

When I started I.V. amphetamine and meth, we went driving, and this song came on the radio. :/

I almost start to cry when I hear it today. :)

Black tar heroin, crack star veteran
And that's yall, I'm on that jack, gentleman
You can find me fucked up in bars off ten of them
Call me Jack the ripper cause other way I'm killing them
Venom in my glass 74 cinnamon
No lemon, number 7 no minimum
Oh, so you concern how I'm living now
You need to shut the fuck up and keep feeling them
... most of the time, my good times are ignorant
So if we fought or fucked or got intimate
Don't ask me next day, cause I won't be remembering it

I'm gone, I'm fucked up man
Give me some, give me bumps, get me up man
I'm stumbling, drunk, I'm struggling but
I'll be straight man just give me a fucking blunt
I'm fucked up man
Give me some, give me bumps, get me up man
I'm stumbling, drunk
Man I don't give a fuck, it's alright tonight cause I'm gone..

The eerie "SmackJack" from the incomparable Nina Hagen, 1980. Added bonus of guitarist Ferdi Karmel contributing the onimous, "Junkies....are very, very sentimental" near the end. Truely haunting.
The characters are rumoured to be Nancy Spungen, the 4th Supreme, and the guy from YMCA. The video cost her $10.00.