Songs that lift your spirit

^ Good to see you back, S :)<3

Sorry about the prom, its an old invite - everyone was sick from alcohol and substance overindulgence, most were arrested for antisocial behavior - some got pregnant and many hated the fakery of the entire debacle. The song, however, still stands.

Last edited:
Pretty much any drag queen song...mostly anything by Willam:
Every one of these give me life:

Honestly, your fucking loss of you don't watch, hunty.

I was so depressed before (re the fires and the corrupt govt) I watched some of these. I didn’t realise how many there were!

My grandma used to walk 6 miles down the trails in a dress to go to the Friday night dance in Welch, West Virginia. I grew up listening to my ma playing hillbilly tunes on an accordian. This one resonates with me.

I just love this. The guitar at 3:00.

Watching Prince again because #NotAllMen is trending on Twitter (after a guy burned his ex and 3 kids alive) 😢 :mad: My take is #NotAllMen can be as confident as a 5 foot black man.

I've somehow gone my whole life never having seen these performances, I can barely stand how amazing I think they are. Even taking a shitton of speed and belting them out while playing along shambolically on my bass I STILL can't get all that energy. I'm so grateful when things like this find me.

And it's insane too, I don't know how much I'm projecting, but having been on acid many, many, many times, but with The Passenger I think I can legitimately hear it in the sound. In my opinion, there is something VERY appealing about that slink, shaky, dripping wet sound when you're on acid specifically. The Elevators had it too, and The Cure did it well too in their early days.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or is this a me thing? It could just be that I like it and I like acid, but it does seem to feature in a lot of more psychedelic songs. Here are some more examples of kind of what I'm talking about.

Guess it's just one of those things

tenor.gif

Honestly and I'm trailing here because I'm exceptionally spun, but isn't "just one of those things" also, ironically, just one of those things? Like what the fuck does that even actually mean? I know, most native English speakers would, but I dunno. Anywaaay, bit more spirit lifting!