• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Something to think about :)

but drsssing up is fun and wearing weird shit is so freeing, it makes me feel like a kid and im into mums dress up box....the world is your playground, play in it =D i personally am never loosing my child like essence and i hope my son never does either....the world is magical, i wish i viewed the world like that when i was a child...only been doing it the past 2 years and i tell you what every fucking coulour in that rainbow shines the brightest :)

fashion is one way of reflection of what a person is like. now being human, yes we are all the same in the end but theres a difference in how we look, these are branches, and yes they too can become catergorised...now ill be a bit critical here, i think it is not a very postiive mentality to judge someone according to how they dress act etc, especially in contemporary society, we must look at the world with an open mind. I believe instead of sending negative energy out in the universe, send positive vibes, accept them, because most of us in the end, are trying to find ourselves and these are just branches in doing so.

^^^ "because most of us in the end, are trying to find ourselves and these are just branches in doing so."

i think your overestimating your crowd. 15-18 year olds dont go to Utopia and dress up in fluro rubbish and drape themselves in candy to 'find themselves'. IMO

Last edited:
^^^ perhaps you're just short-sighted. for sure, for every one kandy-covered raver who dresses up like that because they enjoy the freedom there's just as many who do it to 'fit in,' or because they just consume *way* too many drugs, but big deal.

not everyone's like that. i enjoy the colour and vibrancy of these kind of outfits at raves, and that's why i personally wear them. i don't really give a shit what anyone else thinks, as long as they can keep abuse to themselves - i wear what i wear because i like it, and because at raves it identifies me as a colourful and fun person, imo. like doofqueen says, i think it's good if we can all keep a little bit of childish fun and innocence about us, and i find raves are one of the best places to do so.

of course, i attend raves for the music though, so i'm just as dissapointed as anyone when i see a group of e-tards wallowing on the floor totally out of their mind...*BUT* - each to their own, if they're enjoying themselves it's not my perogative (spl?) to tell them otherwise...

SL55AMG said:
^^^ "because most of us in the end, are trying to find ourselves and these are just branches in doing so."

i think your overestimating your crowd. 15-18 year olds dont go to Utopia and dress up in fluro rubbish and drape themselves in candy to 'find themselves'. IMO

i think you are generalising dude...i know plenty of kandy ravers, who dress up like that to find freedom in themselves, which proves my point that by finding that freedom as expression they are in a way finding themsevles.

For every "candy sporting, fluffy fluro pant wearing, multiples of 10 dumping ecky freak" there is another person equally as trashed on a rediculous amount of drugs who isnt wearing bright clothing. I've seen enough fucked up people at parties who arent considered kandy kids, its just that coz they dont stand out in the crowd so much you tend to pass over them. Thinking that the only people at parties who are filthy drug pigs are those wearing bright clothing is extremely ignorant.

So you dont like kandy kids. A whole lot of people seem to have this huge problem with people wearing bright clothes and being overly happy. Yeah, some of them do dress up to fit in, and they're generally the ones who also take a rediculous amount of drugs to also fit in. But theres also a whole lot of people who just enjoy being able to dress up and be a bit creative, do/wear something they would like to but dont have the ability to during their everyday monday to friday working life. Thats why some people go to these parties, coz they can be crazy and different in an atmosphere which encourages such an attitude. Its unfortunate that the place where a lot of people go to be free of pretentious, judgemental people seems to be teeming with them. Its not the kandy kids that piss me off, its the jaded elitist snobs which get to me.

stace.

I'm an individual just like everyone else who thinks like i do =D

bwahahahaha

Its not the kandy kids that piss me off, its the jaded elitist snobs which get to me.

I have found in my short time from raving, (6 months or so) that the kandy kids you talk about are the most elitist ones at the party. Many of them wouldn't take a second glance at you, let alone engage in a conversation if you are not wearing their uniform'of phatties, kandy bracelets'and whatever else. This attitude gets confirmed every time I go out and is one of the reasons I don't think I'll ever dress like that.

I realise that there are always gonna be exceptions to this, but in my experience, this is what I have seen.

Basix is right in my opinion

Walk around something like Utopia, and its so jam packed with little smart ass fucks from the western suburbs you might as well be walking down the street in penrith. What pisses me off isnt essentially Kandy ravers, its the majority of kandy ravers who strut round thinking they own the place. Once again its the tell tale sign of fucking teenagers battaling through puberty thinking that they are a lot better than they actually are. Kandy comes with attitude, so to kandy ravers, stick it up your ass, cause in a few years all your going to have is a scattered brain, and a wardrobe full of shit you cant wear for the rest of your life.

goatyoghurt said:
As I sit here on the public holiday monday after spending the majority of my weekend at Utopia, I feel that I must express a few things that I experienced on the weekend. After being uber psyched following a longish drive there, the afternoon, night and following day provides me with an enormous amount of stimuli, all different, all interesting but the reason I am writing this is to address one issue in particular.

The issue in question is that of why people go to such extremes "going over the top". Being 19 and spending the majority of my childhood ostracised for being a geek, loser, for being different in general (cry me a river I know :) ) I understand that no person should judge another on what they wear, how they behave and how hard they push their minds and bodies but what I saw on the weekend really troubled me for some reason.

We all would like to think that we don't judge people, we'd all like to think that we lived up to the golden rule: do unto others as you would have others do unto you (and don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you. Kant expressed this in his categorical imperative, basically saying that you should only do things if you think it should be a rule for how every else should act. I tend to think that I follow in this deontological path as far as ethics and how I act, but I must admit I have failed, I do judge people, even if it is subconsciously.

Regarding utopia (after that tangent), I found myself along with my friends judging people who were "weird". Please don't get shitty at me for saying that, you all know what I'm talking about, you might be one of these "weird" people, you know, the people at raves who posess some of the following qualities: crazy haircuts with bright colours in there, equally bright fluro, furry outfits, sometimes with slogans like "arrest me I'm on drugs", and generally people who might have taken too much (and I mean TOO MUCH, not people who are generally off chops). I mean, I really feel bad for judging, but I'm sure we all do it deep down.

I'm all for freedom of speech, thought and expression but some of these weird people just seem to go over the top, especially since a lot of the people whom I'm referring to were in the 13-17 age group. It makes me wonder why. I know they're having a good time and expressing themselves how they want, just like me but I don't know why people have to go out on such a limb, like being anywhere near mainstream is uncool.

It all came to a head when it was about 8am sunday and I was chatting with about 3 friends at the bridge which connected the rave and the carpark. We were in a zone where cars were passing close by and all of a sudden, everyone (about 40+ people around us) let out a collective gasp as a guy whose face was so distorted in a gurning way that the poor guy looked like he was literally dead and in a coffin, drove past in an old station wagon. Everybody backed away as far as they could to let the guy pass and it was really scary, especially because almost everyone was scattered as it was.

I just think that going over the top and trying to be so anti-establishment as to get SOOOOOO fucked up, getting to the stage where you would let yourself do silly things because you don't know what you were doing isn't the best way to go. I know that this was only one guy, and the other people that I've mentioned haven't done anything so stupid and therefore I shouldn't generalise, but I hope you get my drift.

I hope in my heart of hearts that everybody, and I mean everybody has a good time when they go out, I can say that honestly, but it just perplexes me how far some people will go and how they can put others in danger. I know that in other people's eyes I'm a weirdo, just because I use substances and what I'm saying is just my opinion, relative to other opinions it might be extremely conservative or liberal, but I just wanna conclude by saying that I hope every single individual takes care of themselves and others. I don't apologise for holding this opinion, but I sincerely apologise if I've offended anyone, I feel that we all judge people in our own way, and I'm relieved that I can finally admit it. I have nothing but love and compassion for everyone out there, even if I might judge you as a weirdo :)

Peace, happiness and much love to every single one of you out there, you're all beautiful, Joe.

so you're a hypocrite then.. a really 'nice' hypocrite...

thanks for sharing..

mate you've put it all in your post...its obvious.

let me break it down fer ya: "..I don't judge people, unless they look beyond what I now consider normal, which is what this guy was, so he's a freak, but oh yeah I am too, so I have love in my heart for him and everyone...but P.S. he's still a freak"

fantastic...Kant would be proud. You've really nutted out the Universal truth there. everyone is fucked, except me..

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

fantastic...Kant would be proud. You've really nutted out the Universal truth there. everyone is fucked, except me..

SQUARES&CIRCLES >>>

N N N N N N N N N NNNNNIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE One BRUVA!!!=D

"Many of them wouldn't take a second glance at you, let alone engage in a conversation if you are not wearing their uniform'of phatties, kandy bracelets'and whatever else"

i know i know!!! i'd always been completely snobbed by all the colourful candy girls, until one night i went to a bit of actual effort for a party (minimal, but efforrt nonetheless).. and found myself cornered in the bathroom the minute they did the 'id check' ("are you candy?" *looks at some bracelets on wrist* "cool! my name's suchandsuch!! blahblahblah")

it kinda sucked, like when you're popular at school overnight because you got a nice haircut..

SL55AMG said:
Basix is right in my opinion

Walk around something like Utopia, and its so jam packed with little smart ass fucks from the western suburbs you might as well be walking down the street in penrith.

I'm sorry, but how do you know where these people are from?? Are you running a fleeting generalisation that all of the "little smart ass fucks" are from Penrith or the western suburbs for that matter?? I'd say so...

Where did you pull that one from??!!