• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Something other than a torch?

puppyaspen

Greenlighter
Or lighter...
Im a torch guy personally and it does me well othdr than having the worst luck in having them last. Like don't matter if I spend 5buck or 50 on them. They just crap out on me in quick fashion.

But just a random thought as I was scrolling thru wish.com. Anyone ever tried or know of anyone experimenting with using a laser to heat up some sort of banger or bowl? Hell some of those laser pointers can burn thru wood.

And yeah I know ot could go bad if you get the wrong angle or fraction and it bounces the beam off into your eyes or whatever. But still curious non the less.

I'm not sure what you mean. Torch lighters are the best. You just refill them with lighter fluid. Unlike lighters which depending on what you use them for, can burn your fingers and they're hard to light

I suppose there's a reason they exist but I'm not sure what it is. Blue light all the way, I say ;)

I know, I use a torch and pretty well always have.
Was a random tweaker R&D build idea lol. Basically the thought was to be able to be able to control the heat on the glass of a pipe by controlling the power or intensity of a laser. As in theory could only have the beam keeping the bowl at a consistent temp for the hit.

Like I said tweaker R&D project

The absolute best advice you are going to get is....stick with the torch.

Indeed. I've even heard quips from avid weed smokers (I am one too, but I'm not avid to the point of ignorance). You just hold the damned thing further away and it works the same. Plus, if you're lighting hashish, which is my favored form then it's very easy to use a torch on that stuff

The absolute best advice you are going to get is....stick with the torch.
[/QUOTE

Wasn't really thinking I needed to switch. Just pondering a potential different way and if anyone tried it. Never know when a leap in tweaker tech is around the corner...well that and whether the shadow people are around the corner either!! Lol.

You said banger so assuming you mean dabs. Get a good torch. Even the turbo lighters won't be right. I have this whip it edge that is pretty good and was cheap. The flints will always burn out, just how wear and tear works. But dont have to spend much on them.

I guess you could get a beast permanent torch from home depot that uses a striker. That will probably last 10 years.

Last edited:
I'll keep responding cuz why not. Ain't looking for something to replace my torch, have a good one, she works great. I can use it quite efficiently as well.

Pondering about a 'what if' scenario.

Like; what if you wanted to use a laser instead of a torch? Anyone considered it...researched it....tried it? And if so what kinda results came of it?

I dont wanna change the wheel...but heh, always end up going around on it the same as everyone else. I just like to think...what if we put LEDs on it, maybe some gold spinners on that wheel.

^,^

Ah man I even gift'em to my friends most of the time, it's one of my habits -- haha.

I have always used Zippo lighters. Although I don't use uppers or tweak, I have seen it done old school with matches - remember those?

The people did say they burn long enough, and the flame lasts long enough and is easily directed. Quite classy I thought.

You'd have to have a 40 foot long match to heat a dab nail up hot enough to be effective

A chef's blowtorch is the way forward ime, perfect

You'd have to have a 40 foot long match to heat a dab nail up hot enough to be effective

A chef's blowtorch is the way forward ime, perfect

Remember the days of hot knives mate? Do people still do that?

Smack & black hot knives FTW

Remember the days of hot knives mate? Do people still do that?

haven't heard of it for eons but oddly enough I had some hotknives last week - first time in years

fucking great roa regarding the seemingly unique high and great cost/stoned ratio, but it really truly wrecked my throat too....like really uncomfortably sore for a couple of hours....tried it again a few days later with same result so have decided to leave the method firmly back in the 1980's where it probably belongs!

only did it cos was lacking a pipe and for the memories (often used to take 12/13/14 one after another bitd, aaha)

Am I right in thinking you were at Stonehenge in 1984? If so, did you visit the opium and black hot knife bus? 50p a go or three for a quid. Fuckin loved that bus...

Yeh, there was always a large queue for the entrance, but the area around the exit was just littered with grinning goons...