• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Someone please help me concerning oxycodone and methadone addiction.

I'm on day 5 and feel like I got hit by a truck! Haven't slept in 3 days sleeping pills make the legs jerk 10x more. I'm cold turkey n it off of 120mg of dome shit sucks . Good luck you gotta want to quit let that chase go
Thanks Justin:). And kudos to you for quitting:). I'm on day 15 or 16...I don't even know anymore. My days just keep colliding into one another if that makes sense. When I can sleep, I'll take it anytime. Morning, afternoon or night. Plus I hate the cold/hot flashes that occur mostly during sleep still and the PAWS? I couldn't even come on here yesterday and I didn't like the "thoughts" that were going through my brain.....and not thoughts of using. I'm saying that only because of what you wrote on my other thread.

As for the restless legs? I heard they are AWFUL but it's the only "symptom" I never got. What I did get was vomiting severely, shaking, freezing, having a hard time seeing due to my pupils being so huge, no sleep (and I mean zero) for many, many days and now still the hot/cold flashes, severe cold sweats while sleeping (I could literally wring out my clothes that's how soaked they get) and the "dreams" plus the severe depression caused by PAWS. Yesterday I ignored all texts, all calls. Didn't even touch my phone but rather just sat staring at the walls.

This all definitely isn't due to the oxys (referring to the slight physical withdrawals that are lingering on) but rather the methadone.

I thought I was taking a very small amount though. 5 mgs 3-4 nights per week to sleep (otherwise I'd wake after 4 hours or so withdrawing from the oxys) and also, of course, when I ran out of oxys too early. Then I'd take around 15 mgs per day. Sometimes for 5 days or more. So I definitely wasn't taking the tiny amount I thought I was. Especially with the long half life. Sure, not as bad as others coming off of really high doses (funny but not funny, my phone just spellchecked "dose" into "done") but I'm beginning to think it doesn't even matter.

My sister just recently got cut off by her doctor (too little of methadone in her, no oxycodone and unprescribed Xanax which were mine). She was prescribed to take 180 mgs per day. He gave her 30, 10's, wrote on her discharge paper; "opiod contract terminated) and sent her on her way. She's already talking about suicide and I'm worried cause I'm really not in a position to help someone especially after yesterday. When I eventually looked at my phone I saw she texted me numerous times about dumb shit; "her dog may have fleas, she just washed her hair, she was going to make hamburgers for dinner etc etc etc....A total of 14 texts. And my 1st thought (and THIS IS NOT ME)? "Who gives a fu*k"?"

Sorry for the ramble/vent.

I saw about your sleep and how nothing you take works. I was taking 300 mgs of Seroquel and still couldn't sleep. God, don't you wish could just lay in bed, have some immodium, dramamine (that worked wonders for me), some liquids and sleep meds and just wake every 8 hours or so take it all then just gone back to sleep? Haha, that's "fairy tale land" thinking.

Anyway, my response should take up at least a little portion of your day:). It does help to "talk" on here. You have my full support as well as I know everyone else's.

Much love to you <3