View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone familiar with LSD and RC reagent testing

cjchriscj

Greenlighter
So I just picked up a decent amount of "L". I asked my friend how long it lasted and if it had a taste. He said a good 12 hours and it was bitter... I asked like ink bitter or chemical? He said chemical like good L. (He has no idea what RCs are) So I still bought it. It was on dead blotter. So I went home and cut off two tiny pieces. (To test bc I was sure it was DOx or 25i)
First test. Marquis. Turned kinda brown. Not much reaction
Second test. Elrich. Turned REALLY pink then REALLY purple.

I've tested wow and it was a dull pink to dull purple.( with elrich, no reaction with marquis) He also said it was from the same person as the last batch just a lot stronger.

So I've ruled out DOx and I'm pretty sure it's not a 25i family rc either. So I'm thinking it's just the ink or impurities from making the L.

Any input anyone has and would like to share would be greatly apritiated and welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Did you apply the Marquis directly to the blotter? Cause it can react with the paper and turn dark.

Ehrlich indicates you have an indole / lysergic derivative. And no the Marquis colors do not sound like any psychedelic PEAs typically found on blotter. Those usually involve some yellow to orange shade at some point.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

Some LSD blotters don't taste that good, I have experience with that... it can also taste soapy. Not sure what impurities... No necessary relation with quality of the resulting trips really, I have had super clean trips from bad tasting acid. IIRC the quite strong maya's (calendar).

Yes I applied both tests directly to the blotter. I think you may be right about it just reacting to the paper. A friend said try to test a regular paper with the marquis and see if it does the same thing. I wish I could post a picture from my phone but I don't think that's possible. The way it reacted with the elrich was beautiful. I've never seen blotter turn that bright. But then again I've never had strong L before. I will upload the pictures tmw on my PC. Or is that not allowed? Not sure if I've seen anyone posting pictures here...

Will try this-

The sulfuric acid in Marquis reagent reacts with blotter paper, the charring may make the result black which can make a false positive for LSD. You need to extract the blotter by soaking it in a tiny bit of uncolored alcohol and applying the test to that alcoholic solution.

Yes I applied both tests directly to the blotter. I think you may be right about it just reacting to the paper. A friend said try to test a regular paper with the marquis and see if it does the same thing. I wish I could post a picture from my phone but I don't think that's possible. The way it reacted with the elrich was beautiful. I've never seen blotter turn that bright. But then again I've never had strong L before. I will upload the pictures tmw on my PC. Or is that not allowed? Not sure if I've seen anyone posting pictures here...

We don't allow actual IDing here, it is against the rules. But I am trying to help you with the reagents since that is not purely a guessing game. Forget about the pic though, we can't really say much about it other than pink / purple being a good result. But if you are able to make a good photo where the color is shows very nicely, sure do share.

And what is a PEA?

A phenethylamine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substituted_phenethylamine

It is a big family of chemicals including a lot of drugs, many stimulants, many empathogens like MDMA, and also psychedelics such as mescaline, 2C-X compounds (like 2C-B), and ones that have dosages ranges that fit on blotter like some DOX and 25X-NBOMe compounds. The latter are the main chemicals found in 'fake acid', especially 25X-NBOMe or simply NBOMe compounds which are relatively cheap to produce.
It would be good to know next time you have blotter to test, what the other typical possibilities besides LSD are so that you are prepared to spot the reagent results from them.
Again, refer to that research chemical on blotter thread I linked to earlier.

Technically with a positive Ehrlich's test, your blotters could still contain tryptamines like 5-MeO-AMT or 5-MeO-MiPT, although the latter really needs big blotters and the bitter taste will be noticeable. The odds are probably relatively low but they are there.

And yeah I was also about to suggest extracting the blotter in a small volume of solvent and applying the reagent to that solution.

2wpotgk.jpg
[/IMG] OK so this is using 40% ethanol (gin). the one on the right is ethanol and marquis (no substance). the one on the left is the ethanol and very chopped up blotter and marquis. not much of a reaction if any. even after 5 minutes, it did get all gummy though when I tried to clean it up.

2mzf52v.jpg
[/IMG]
this is another piece of blotter. I separated the two layers with sharp scissors and put 2 drops of ehlrich solution. it turned pink to purple.

[IMG]
and that's the blotter. still not sure why my friend said it was bitter. and also said it felt like there was a person on his back, but anywho thought id post these test results. im gonna say its L just with a bitter taste due to the ink.

Awsome man thanks so much for helping me with the regent testing questions! I can get a really good pic tmw and post it on this thread. Thanks again for the quick and informative replies!

Last edited:
edited with pictures!

OK! So not sure what my boy was talking about with it being bitter but it most certainly was not. Started with a small half dose. Let's see how it goes!

Edit. So it's good. Amazing. L. Worked myself up over nothing.

Last edited:
Is there a comprehensive list of ehrlich-positive compounds that fit on blotter? I looked but I can't find it. Theoretically this could have been LSZ, AL-LAD, etc but obviously it's not 4-aco-dmt or amt because their dosages are too high.