View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some questions about my health after LSD

WANDERINGMONK

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I?m new here to Bluelight and I created an account here to see if I could get some insight from the bluelight community. I want to talk about my last psychedelic experience and how it affected me and I also wanted to get some opinions on something I wanted to try.

I took an LSD tab with a friend and then 3 hours later took another tab and then 5 hours later smoked some weed. The experience began just fine and I was enjoying it until we smoked the weed. The trip became extremely intense and then I proceeded to have a panic attack. My heart hurt and I was extremely paranoid. I kept asking my friend if I was going to stay stuck in this state forever. I didnt get any sleep and became depressed. It has been 2 months since this happen, and I dont feel as focused and grounded as I used to be. I have trouble sleeping and my gf tells me I moan and groan and shake at night (maybe PTSD) its very difficult to explain the sensation of being one way your whole life and then all of a sudden feeling very disconnected and not focused. I hear plenty of stories of people saying they were fucked up for months after a bad trip. I also noticied that whenever I try smoking weed I get intense flashbacks. I?m not going to say I have dopamine depletion or some more serious effect. But the sensation I had of chills going up and down my spine and the feeling of warmth in the back of my head after smokinng during the LSD trip was very strange. Ive done mushrooms before, molly etc. Heres what i want to try

If I take LSD again will it make me worse or does it have the possibility of fixing me. Ive read a bunch of reports of people who have deression and PTSD getting cured from psychedelics but if LSD caused this in me will it make the symptoms worse? I?m not the kind of person to give up hope, I?m postivie by nature but this lack of energy And focus is very exhasuting so I wanted to open this thread to see what you guys think. I would take just one tab this time, no weed, and be in a positive environment. Thoughts, Opinions?

When I was inexperienced with psychedelics I took too much acid one time and had a bad trip. Afterwards, for the next few months, I was really depressed and felt like I had ruined my life. I decided to take acid again because I felt like it might heal me, and it did. I've tripped many times since then and have only had good experiences with acid.

If you feel comfortable taking acid again, I think you should go for it. Your plan sounds good. If you trip in a good environment and don't take too much you will most likely have a positive experience.

Got to be honest here and say "maybe". Thing is, if you were a friend of mine I'd probably say to go for it, but this is indeed about harm reduction. Therefore, is it harm reduction to suggest you give it another go? I'm not so sure.

if you're asking whether or not giving it another go would potentially deal with some of the problems you're currently experiencing though, I'd probably suggest that it might. But as usual, take all safety precautions, know what you're taking to the best of your ability, get into a really relaxed and calm environment (nature is really best for this, if there's somewhere you can go safely where you will be particularly relaxed then do so) and see how things work out.

Thank you so much for replying so quickly, I really didnt expect to get an answer so fast, and it makes me feel more assured that I will get better fafter hearing your story, and your experience. Something is telling me I have to do it. At this point, Ive tried many things, and facing your fears is always a good thing! Thank you again CJ

Its a reliable source and I live in new york, so theres tons of parks out here, prob one of the most famous too hahaha! In a way, because you listened to my story and gave me advice, I consider you a friend :) so thank you for listening!

When I was inexperienced with psychedelics I took too much acid one time and had a bad trip. Afterwards, for the next few months, I was really depressed and felt like I had ruined my life. I decided to take acid again because I felt like it might heal me, and it did. I've tripped many times since then and have only had good experiences with acid.

Yeah that's pretty much my story.

Please update this thread when you decide to trip again, I'm curious to know how it goes because I too have had the same problem but have since then been too afraid to try LSD again. I might get some courage if yours goes smoothly

If you do trip again , make sure you are in a good mood, with people you like and trust and a good environment, like the beach or a chill house . Set and setting is very important , get that and your mind right , tell yourself it is going to be awesome and healing :)

My first LSD trip sent me to the ER. I was okay until I smoked weed. I was in a bad environment and the trip got so intense that my head started falling into hell. My entire world was dissolving. That entire night I was in paranoid delusions that my friend was going to kill me even though he was just trying to help me and was higher than I was. Weed can intensify a trip for inexperienced users to the point of a bad trip. If you do trip again, I will say this:

HAVE A BENZO NEAR YOU, and don't smoke weed while tripping. Benzos will cancel your trip if things get too far. Have a xanax or klonopin or something. After my bad LSD, I did it again but with a xanax near me. I took my tab and vaped weed. I ended up falling asleep before tripping. I woke up 4 hours later very confused and feeling very intensely uncomfortable. So I took a Xanax and 30 minutes later I was perfectly fine. I don't trip anymore without a benzo near me. Do you really want to take the risk of being stuck in a terrible mindset for hours?

i wouldn't trip again until you are older if it fucked you up that bad, you only get one body and mind and when you fuck it with drugs, it makes life harder

Weed + LSD is a tricky combo.
Not saying that experienced trippers can't enjoy it, but it seems like a lot of newbies seem to think that weed will "mellow them out" as the trips gets intense, but ...well, often it does the exact opposite.
I'm with Psychedalienation here - if you do decide on tripping, you should definitely have a benzo ready. .5 mg of Xanax can take the edge off a difficult trip, and 2 mg should pretty much abort it, especially if combined with a 5HT2A antagonist like trazodone or risperidone.

The problem with hoping that another trip will "cure" you is that entering the psychedelic experience with expectations of an epiphany can in itself put you into a tenser state of mind, thus actually increasing the chances of a bad trip. So I would advise you to hold off on tripping until you're in a place where your expectations toward the trip are something along the lines of "an interesting experience, maybe a positive realization", not "the one answer to life's questions that will instantly cure me".

Hey guys! So I’m back with an update and just wanted to share my story with all of you. I ended up taking 2.2 grams of shrooms instead of a tab of LSD in the most comfortable setting I knew I could be in. With my GF watching over me and my lizard. Guys I feel so much better and it didnt take months or years. I have a theory. I think the way that humans naturally cant handle certain foods(like an allergy) is the same way the mind reacts to certain psychedelics. The shrooms trip was so great, it basically was like a giant therapy session, I cried (tears of joy), I laughed, and I knew that in the long run everything was going to be okay. And it really helped me. It also semi removed the really hard flashbacks I was having from smoking weed after the LSD. I still have some HPPD but its going away. Ill prob do one more shroom sesh maybe like 1.5 (less visuals) just to have one more good threaputic session. Thanks again for responding to my messages guys. Bluelight Forever.