• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Some observations after using opoids for 1.5 years

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Mostly negative aspects.. I just wanted to see if people felt the same way. Because I was instantly new to opiates, it did take some time before I noticed negative changes. I would say it took me a solid year.. First six months I only needed 10-20 mg, dosing at 40 mg a day after year 1 to sometimes 60. This terrifies me because pain management patients probably feel the negative aspects of opoid addiction much more intensely.

-Opoids were once a stimulant to me. Now they are more of a downer and no longer serve as energy boosters as they once did.

-Depression like no other in between doses. It's not like an adderall crash but a slow decline into a severe sense of hopelessness. The good old days where I woke up feeling GOOD the next day and not in a sweat and sickness.

-Withdrawals coming back like hell. I assume most of the reasons I no longer enjoy their charm is because the body adjusts to functioning with their presence so quickly that one even goes through W/D literally as soon as the high wears off. Extremely terrible to deal with on a regular basis.

-They no longer relieve stress like they once did.

-Consistent runny nose.

However, it's impossible to take tolerance breaks (when you're an addict/one feels like a complciated form of death when quitting/lowering dosages).

What formulation do you take? Maybe you would benefit from a sustained released formula or an opiod with a longer half life

Preference for percocet/oxycodone... 10 mgs. However, I have tried subutex (not suboxone) and it was great. I'm not sure it would be in my best interest since the amount has not been substantial compared to 100s of milligrams daily. I think .5 subutex got me ripped for hours.

Subutex is damn near impossible. Suboxone should be easy to get, but it's as confusing as social security

it depends what country are you from, as in my country suboxone and methadone are only prescribed to heroin addicts, things like percocet/oxy/other prescription opiates are dealt with a different approach. Idk what to say about switching to suboxone, I would really suggest tappering off slowly, do it how slow you want even if it takes a quite long time because this way it will feel more comfortable and if you tapper it down correctly the withdrawals should be a lot less worse. instead of calling a sub doctor you would be better with calling a doctor with experience with opiates (or your doctor if you get them prescribed to you) and ask him to write a tappering schelude to follow.

just think that with suboxone you are again taking some shit, so you get rid of nothing... you just replaced it. beter go with the tappering. even if it takkes a while, be happy that you are finally free.

Taco, how exactly is subutex impossible to quit, but suboxone no problem? Please share your knowledge, sir.

OP, you never said what it is you're taking.

IR oxy, the grey ones, and yellow endocet. Have any of you had specifically the endocet yellows? Those are amazingggg.. anyway-

I tried to stop recently AGAIN and going through a depressing time.

Taco, how exactly is subutex impossible to quit, but suboxone no problem? Please share your knowledge, sir.

OP, you never said what it is you're taking.

Yeah he meant obtaining a prescription.

Although docs do lean towards prescribing xone over utex, I believe it's something like 1 in 10 people have an allergic reaction to naloxone, so I'd guess 5% of bupe scripts are subutex..

I haven't seen the numbers and I'm too lazy to utse, it's merely a guess.

OP, if you think Subutex would be beneficial for you, and help you, there are ways to obtain it. Specifically, in my experience, it was generally prescribed to those who had adverse reactions to the naloxone in Suboxone (which is actually pretty common). If you were to have a reaction to the naloxone, or have a history of reaction, it's likely the doctor would place you on Subutex.

Cold turkeyed 3 months ago, still feel like shit and wish I was dead. Was like that before I started using though, much worse now though due to not taking care of myself very much at all during the final couple years of my habit and exponentially increasing tolerance transforming a once very cheap habit into one of unsustainable financial ruin. The withdrawals after chronic relapsing become more and more exhausting. I see why people go back after such long periods of abstinence. Tolerance can't really be erased though and they eventually no longer work. I can't function with or without them anymore, not that I could function without them to begin with back then. I feel like they eventually made me stupid and I'm still recovering from that, mainly because I was sick so often and not only under stress but not living a normal life and getting completely out of balance. I know it would get better but I'll probably be dead by then.

Keep your head up shroomy, we are all prone to the powerful effects of oxycodone and its supernatural grip on us :(

I felt okay this morning... just EXTREMELY depressed it absolutely blows. I relapsed and bought some good perc 10s to reset my brain temporarily. I believe suboxone would be beneficial for someone like me who illegally seeks means to obtain my fix.

However.. woke up with "morning steel" today ;) The testosterone rebound feels good.. I feel like a man again but my hormones are a lil out of whack atm because I want to bang every male that i I see. (am a gay druggie, no homo but still homo)

Last edited:
Truthfully I have been trying to quit for the past 6 months now. It's the best feeling on earth but I don't even know who I am anymore at this moment in time and quitting feels IMPOSSIBLE!

They work the best for chronic pain long term for me, really improved my life when I didnt abuse them but if you have a doctor who manages it badly and begins harming you by reducing doses too fast or cuts you off it becomes a nightmare, constant w/d, pain and likelihood of picking up the phone and getting some heroin

Put a pin in this...

They work the best for chronic pain long term for me, really improved my life when I didnt abuse them but if you have a doctor who manages it badly and begins harming you by reducing doses too fast or cuts you off it becomes a nightmare, constant w/d, pain and likelihood of picking up the phone and getting some heroin

For my chronic spinal pain, when living in Surrey, I had been given oramorph. It was far more easy to deal with (for me anyway) than oxy's and any other narcotic I'd had thrown my way. I had a stable gp, and would go in every 2-3 weeks to monitor pain and dosage. It's rare you can find a friendly and sympathetic town doctor nowadays...but he was very helpful. During the first few visits he put me on a fentanyl patch, and a raced back to the pharmacy to complain.. lol..I couldn't even move on fentanyl. Oramorph at least let me go about my day. Trial and error with all chronic pain I suppose.

I hope you find what works for you, and a doctor who understands or tries to understand your situation.

For my chronic spinal pain, when living in Surrey, I had been given oramorph. It was far more easy to deal with (for me anyway) than oxy's and any other narcotic I'd had thrown my way. I had a stable gp, and would go in every 2-3 weeks to monitor pain and dosage. It's rare you can find a friendly and sympathetic town doctor nowadays...but he was very helpful. During the first few visits he put me on a fentanyl patch, and a raced back to the pharmacy to complain.. lol..I couldn't even move on fentanyl. Oramorph at least let me go about my day. Trial and error with all chronic pain I suppose.

I hope you find what works for you, and a doctor who understands or tries to understand your situation.

Thanks, I'm in California now where I have a stable and reasonable doctor who doesn't give me too much or too little and I can be open if I get dependence and withdrawal without being treated like a junkie (shouldnt happen in the NHS especially to people in pain but it does) and having my meds screwed with. Also legal OTC kratom and cannabis are a MASSIVE help, both with low risk for dependence :)