• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Some kind of stimulant

Microscope Fan

Greenlighter
The medical conditions & meds keep increasing...Don't know what to do for energy?
I have chronic pain and fibromyalgia for over 16 years now. On pain management /opiods.
Type II Diabetes just got added to the mix - along with 500mg Metformin 2x day.
I cut out all sugar for 3 months - went back: A1C is at 5.9 (non diabetic) - asshole Dr. says I need to stay on the damn pill.
OK, it has already taken my low testosterone condition, and made it lower! So I've got serious anhedonia/depression, and have to wait months to see an Endocrinologist to get testosterone.
Got these brand new pains from diabetes, and basically spend my life in bed.
Coffee / espressos don't work anymore. They used to work once in a while, to get me moving / out of bed at least.
I've told all my doctors/shrink all of this (for months).
My mind has been thinking that life isn't worth living this way. For the first time in all these years, I've had no choice, but to start taking more oxycodone than I'm supposed to:
Supposed to be 10mg Oxcycodone + provide my own Tylenol, every 6 hours. Now, I wait a few hours and take another 10mg + half a Tylenol... IDK WTF I'm doing, or should do?

I feel like I'm gonna have to tell my PM Dr. that I've been forced to take extra 5mg here and there now, because of the diabetic pains. IDK? I've been a real "square*" all these years, sticking to the instructions. *As William S. Burroughs would say.

I used to keep in touch with a guy (I'll just say he got busted for having an Ecstasy lab way back in the day). He was one of those guys who knew what to take/and how much, etc. to get the desired effects. All that stuff. He’d know what to recommend, but I haven't been in touch with him for many years. Ever since he started mentioning popping up (and possibly moving in here w/ his old lady). No thanks, I've got enough problems.

I used to drink Red Bulls, then I stopped, They didn't work/stopped working too. You know what I've been thinking would help me, right?
Just a wee bit of meth or coke. Problem 1, is locating either of them (I have zero friends) and live in a rural area. And problem 2 is would it interact with any of the meds I’m already on? I don't think so.
I honestly did my best not to break any rules here...but, IDK?
Do you think I’d be able to get my new MD to prescribe some kind of stimulant?? I'd be thankful for any advice.

Thanks

I don't think you'd able to get your new doc to write you an Rx for amphetamines easily unless you have a medical condition (they aren't going to write you Rx just to make you feel better, as long as not taking it wouldn't kill you). And don't do coke; it has a shorter half-life and is more cardiotoxic. But you can tell your doc about how you're feeling (it may be linked to your other condition, so it wouldn't hurt to let them know).

I don't think you'd able to get your new doc to write you an Rx for amphetamines easily unless you have a medical condition (they aren't going to write you Rx just to make you feel better, as long as not taking it wouldn't kill you). And don't do coke; it has a shorter half-life and is more cardiotoxic. But you can tell your doc about how you're feeling (it may be linked to your other condition, so it wouldn't hurt to let them know).
Thank you Bro, that was helpful.
Now, I know what to focus on if/when I get the chance to do a trade.

"I'm not tradin' no uptown crank for no downtown morphine, man" - lol

Sucks when we have no motivation or energy and our usual go to's don't work anymore.

You didn't really break any rules. You are new and there's nothing wrong with asking a question. We actually don't help people with their Dr's and help them in what to say to acquire a script. You know your Dr. better than we do and MOST won't add a stimulant without an actual need to enhance your health. Now we both know it WILL enhance your health but most docs don't see it that way.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that what I would do is try and tell him what you wrote in your original post and whatever you do leave the coke and meth on the street and don't go down that rabbit hole just because you want some energy. It won't end well because you are going to like it and in a few months from now you will be making a post that you are broke and heavily addicted. Stay with a valid script ( if you can ) and go from there. It doesn't have to be adderall or vyvance or other stronger ones. There are some low level stims that he may very well let you try. Just be honest with him and yourself and see what happens.

Gonna leave the thread open for now because you made a good post. If a bunch of people get on here and try and convince you to tell him you have ADHD or sleep apnea we may need to close it. You're fine...you didn't really break any rules but BL's policy is to not help people deceive their Physicians.

Good luck.

Reactions: CFC
Sucks when we have no motivation or energy and our usual go to's don't work anymore.

You didn't really break any rules. You are new and there's nothing wrong with asking a question. We actually don't help people with their Dr's and help them in what to say to acquire a script. You know your Dr. better than we do and MOST won't add a stimulant without an actual need to enhance your health. Now we both know it WILL enhance your health but most docs don't see it that way.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that what I would do is try and tell him what you wrote in your original post and whatever you do leave the coke and meth on the street and don't go down that rabbit hole just because you want some energy. It won't end well because you are going to like it and in a few months from now you will be making a post that you are broke and heavily addicted. Stay with a valid script ( if you can ) and go from there. It doesn't have to be adderall or vyvance or other stronger ones. There are some low level stims that he may very well let you try. Just be honest with him and yourself and see what happens.

Gonna leave the thread open for now because you made a good post. If a bunch of people get on here and try and convince you to tell him you have ADHD or sleep apnea we may need to close it. You're fine...you didn't really break any rules but BL's policy is to not help people deceive their Physicians.

Good luck.
Thank you very much. Super-helpful, and I appreciate it.
I've been screwed-up with the chronic pain & Fibro for 16 years; and in all that time I know better than to try to convince any Dr. of any freaking thing. I don't even try. And I've seen more than my share of Doctors.
I've been at my wits end a few times lately: the addition of diabetic nerve pains -and- the damn -10 level of motivation/energy.

Last couple of times I was there, I told him that I can't deal with this freaking sleepiness. I told him that all I do is sleep now... Told him about my prior use of Red Bull. He mentioned they make sugar free ones also (yuk-no thanks). Since then, I got a handle on the sleepiness. Still can't accomplish much of any damn thing.
But, yeah - I'm always hypervigilant of being seen as a "drug seeker" I make sure to act like the opposite of a "drug seeker" whenever I can.
And 275mg of Effexor isn't doing me any favors either :(
Thanks again, for the excellent advice.

*sigh* Ok, just in case you feel like reading…
Here’s my “letter” modified, to keep the unhelpful fucks anonymous:

Dear Dr. K

These are the main issues which I struggle with every day. I've done my best to be objective and concise:

• I've basically been living my life in bed for years (chronic pain/fibromyalgia). I thought things would improve once my Diabetes was under control. However, things seem worse, because I have zero energy, and zero motivation (in addition to chronic pain & Fibromyalgia).

• I'm still dealing with Anhedonia. Some depression may stem from being unable to do anything.
  • Coffee & espressos used to work occasionally, to get me out of bed: Not anymore. As I type, I'm drinking a Starbucks with 5 espressos in it (a treat I get once a week). They don't even work anymore.
  • You determined that I suffer from low (free) testosterone. Something I've suspected for years now. Thanks to you, I now have my vitamin levels (D, B12) up to normal again (OTC supplements).
  • The earliest appointment I could get, with a (well-rated) Endocrinologist is November 8th. Which means, from now until then, I'm confined to bed (?) with zero energy?

• I am experiencing all of the symptoms associated with low testosterone (except for obesity, and loss of body hair).

• When my wife spoke with Dr. L’s office, she asked if I would get treated on my first visit. They replied: "Probably not, because he's not an established patient". This would not be good.

I'm 54 years old; I've never written a note to any Doctor before. I just wanted to make you aware of my current condition. And ask if there is anything you can do, to please help me?

He asks to see me…I go in, just to have him tell me that he can’t do anything for me. And that I should call my psychiatrist when I get home.

I was annoyed and pissed, so I waited several days.
Then…ok - I emailed it to her: Same thing “no, nothing I can do”
She advised me to “contact my pain management doctor, and talk about reducing my meds”
This is what happens when your shrink also happens to specialize in substance abuse. I’m basically a nerd, and have been taking my meds exactly as directed, from day one (15+ fucking years now). The point is, I’m far from a drug seeking type-yet that bitch has always “looked” at me as one 😡

I have a couple of opioid related questions, I’ll ask in a new post.

Best wishes

Sorry to read about your struggles. Since you're basically bed-bound at the moment even with caffeine, I would recommend you stop drinking caffeine for a few days, or as long as you can. When you then have a coffee or tea, you may well find the magic has returned and it gets you going again.

Tolerance to the effects of caffeine develops very quickly, but equally, just a few days or a week or so away from the substance and many of its most potent effects tend to return for many of us. Best of luck!

wow, sorry to hear about your struggles. I certainly don't have great knowledge to offer, but it might be the case that the various drugs you are taking are interacting to mess up your energy/mood. Maybe the doctor should try a different anti-depressant than Effexor. I read that it can cause drowsiness when combined with oxycodone, and I'm sure you are taking a variety of other drugs, as well. Maybe you need a new doctor, too, if you feel like he isn't listening to you.
I have issues with low energy and mood and have been considering trying kratom because I read that it can be energizing at low dosages, while also acting as a painkiller. I believe it isn't legal in all parts of the country, though, and I'd definitely want to make sure it doesn't interact badly with any of the other drugs you are taking. Hopefully someone here with more knowledge of Kratom than I can advise you.
Good luck

I understand your situation, as I have chemotherapy induced fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis along with zero energy on days that I don't take my Methylphenidate/Bronkade/Caffeine pills. I was able to start stimulants by just being open and honest with my psychiatrist about my quality of life and how it was greatly impacted by my low energy levels. I think your letter is a solid start to more open communications with your physician. And document your symptoms in detail to share with your care team. I keep a medical journal for just this sort of thing.Then that way I don't forget anything . I'm sending you positive , healing vibes.