View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Some DXM & Mushroom Questions - What not to and what to take

D-A-W-G

Bluelighter
I take Rivaroxiban, Bisoprolol and Sodium Valporate.

Is it safe to take DXM or shrooms while on these meds?

yes you can, i checked them
but what about
"Dosing recommendations do not recommended administering rivaroxaban with drugs known to be strong combined CYP3A4/P-glycoprotein inhibitors" and "most N-demethylation of dextromethorphan is catalyzed by CYP3A4" (both from wikipedia)

Im not up on my bio/pharmacology but that doesnt sound like the best combination

Also, idk why op is taking these drugs but the first two seem like they could be related to heart conditions (from their descriptions on wiki) which If it is the case im not sure would be the best to combine with dxm at recreational doses because of its propensity to cause hypertension and tachycardia.

Maybe op could elaborate

(Ps this sounds a lot like another thread ... let me see if i can find it)

I agree the meds won't interact, but.. why are you taking them? If you need to keep blood pressure low then DXM might harm you. It's not stimulant level of heart rate elevation, but it's not insignificant. And if you take valproate to prevent seizures then you're betting your basic neurological functionality every time you trip.

Helping people around psychiatric spells is one thing, but I'd hate the thought of helping people into blatant physical harm..