• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Some advice -> Whats next?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So I have two current options, I can go to rehab for free under state insurance, be detoxed, etc. My friend said the place isn't bad and she liked it. This is in the North East of USA where I'm accustomed to. I'd probably stay in Connecticut. Most of my family is in New England.

Or option 2 is a 3 month program in Florida, it's one month In patient rehab, but they give you your phone and laptop after group, then months 2-3 is IOP w/ housing. The total cost would be $30,000 if I decide to do this.

I only have a few days to decide, I mean free is always nice but it's cold as shit and I always said I wanted to go to Florida. I think it presents more of a challenge to push me because of the distance and not knowing anyone. All I know is I want to get off klonopin and everything even nicotine and fix my life.

Any thoughts, one of my main things is that $30,000 could be a down payment on a Condo when I get out which I won't have that option anymore without and I'm pretty tired of sober living I'm not gonna lie I've had shit stolen, the rules, the etc. I really don't want to go to another sober house.

So I have two current options, I can go to rehab for free under state insurance, be detoxed, etc. My friend said the place isn't bad and she liked it. This is in the North East of USA where I'm accustomed to. I'd probably stay in Connecticut. Most of my family is in New England.

Or option 2 is a 3 month program in Florida, it's one month In patient rehab, but they give you your phone and laptop after group, then months 2-3 is IOP w/ housing. The total cost would be $30,000 if I decide to do this.

I only have a few days to decide, I mean free is always nice but it's cold as shit and I always said I wanted to go to Florida. I think it presents more of a challenge to push me because of the distance and not knowing anyone. All I know is I want to get off klonopin and everything even nicotine and fix my life.

Any thoughts, one of my main things is that $30,000 could be a down payment on a Condo when I get out which I won't have that option anymore without and I'm pretty tired of sober living I'm not gonna lie I've had shit stolen, the rules, the etc. I really don't want to go to another sober house.
I'm in Illinois and the only time I finished inpatient was when I flew to California and paid for it myself. Too easy to say fuck it and walk out when insurance was paying and I was still at home in Illinois. I quit 3 times here after about a week.

The free one for sure imo, there’s no good reason to pay (for 99.9% of people) if you can get it for free. I dont believe people get and stay clean because they have money riding on it. You’re going to rehab not on holiday, forget sunshine and all that shit for sure. Like you say that money could be extremely useful going forward, absolutely do not spend it on rehab if you don’t need to.

Distance from people won’t help you get and stay clean. Drugs are everywhere if you can’t do it where you are then you won’t be able to do it in Florida. In the early days it can be helpful to not have temptations in your face but that shouldn’t be an issue if you are in a treatment environment?

Just my two pence, there’s no right and wrong in this thing imo. Either way congratulations on making the decision to try and fix your life. Keep us posted with how things go.

Rehab only works if you work it. With that said there is no "right choice"

When I got off heroin in the past it was because I decided to move from AZ to CA and leave my entire life behind. Although the dark net wasn't a thing back then, either. I had gone to several rehabs at that point that didn't work, making the decision and deciding to fix myself with a drastic change is what worked.

I've heard too many horror stories about Florida rehab system to go to one down there. They treat you more like a product compared to a patient... but I guess most do in the US.

I'd say do what you feel is the best, but be honest with yourself. This will give you the best chances.

You ever do Rosencrance? Fucking hell hole.

-GC
The PHP/IOP I went to a few weeks ago was a shit show.

My therapist didn't even know what meth was. When she asked me what my 3rd drug of choice was, I said meth.

Her response was "What's that? A hallucinogen?".

I shit you not. I left the next day. How someome could not know what meth was, let alone a fucking therapist at an inpatient rehab, is beyond me.

Never been to rehab but spent many years in florida. Florida is SWAMPED in drugs so if ya think you will be running away from temptations you will be jumping from frying pan into a furnace.
IMO... its up to you to do the work and find some reasons or incentives to stop usage. Rehab may be able to provide some tools but ya have to learn how to use them and become proficient in their use.
A reliable supprt system and competent structural infrastucture is a huge plus.
It is ultimately you who has to make the decisions and put in the blood, sweat and tears regardless of how many times you sit through talks, one on ones and groups for imsights.
There is no magic that comes to our rescue in addiction(s). Finding and working on what it is that keeps us chained to abusing drugs and creating a key to unlock and leaving the shackles behind so that we can be in the present is the only way I have found to move ahead.
Always my best and whatever your choice put in the work and there will be a better chance of quality of life returning.
<3

Yep. Wouldn't give me Loper for opiate withdrawal. Said I could get high on it lol. Allowed 3 cigarettes a day so I walked out.

I also said fuck off lol. The counselor in the unit they wanted to send me to was an absolute piece of shit. He straight faced as could be said he kick his daughters teeth in if she ever became an addict. They were trying to manipulate and lie to my family to keep me there, it was fucked.

The PHP/IOP I went to a few weeks ago was a shit show.

My therapist didn't even know what meth was. When she asked me what my 3rd drug of choice was, I said meth.

Her response was "What's that? A hallucinogen?".

I shit you not. I left the next day. How someome could not know what meth was, let alone a fucking therapist at an inpatient rehab, is beyond me.

No exactly man like where the fuck do they find these people?!? I thought it took some knowledge and compassion yet both are severely lacking.

That’s crazy though especially where you live, meth is like some baby’s first words out there lol.

-GC

i would seek ibogaine treatment at one of the reputable mexico clinics. much more complete and healing than just getting you off of stuff. actually healing the underlying pathology. just did it for me with ptsd/opioid addiction.

Wherever you go, you'll get out of it what you put into it. One can get sober under almost any circumstances.

I'm a bit leary of all those expensive Florida rehabs. Looks like they're in it solely for the money. Just my opinion.

"Georgia: the state that sits on Florida until the police arrive." --- Trevor Noah

🤣🤣🤣

PS--- A few years back I was searching online for rehab centers. An hour later I got an unsolicited phone call from a luxury rehab on the beach in FL. They offered to fly me down there for free the next day. Then I told them I had no insurance. *click*
Never heard from them again.

Last edited:
i would seek ibogaine treatment at one of the reputable mexico clinics. much more complete and healing than just getting you off of stuff. actually healing the underlying pathology. just did it for me with ptsd/opioid addiction.

You actually just did an ibogaine retreat? I considered it I looked into them in Brazil and Mexico.

You actually just did an ibogaine retreat? I considered it I looked into them in Brazil and Mexico.
i did a treatment in the states, but yeah, i just did a 3 dose medium lie down course (440mg 3x) over 2 weeks to achieve flood levels slowly over time. it was not for drugs/opioids, but rather cPTSD. which i have experienced 100% remission from

Well aint seen anything on this thread, anyway. Know hes around lemme se where he at. Hold up.
:ROFLMAO: