View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Solo trip

Lackasham

Bluelighter
I am somewhat experienced with LSD tripping 20+ times but I have never tripped alone. I am wanting to take my first solo trip here soon but I am a little nervous. I plan on taking around 200-300 ugs (not 100% of my tab strength). I'm not sure of my setting I am considering either my own home, my local lake, or a forest area near where I live. I don't live alone so that makes my home a problem. I am just asking for some tips for keeping my trip on a good path and what setting do you guys think would be best?

Here is a resource, our centralized solo trip thread: :)
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=302487

It sounds like you have beautiful rural areas nearby, where it would be very nice to trip but besides lowering the dose (especially for a first time), make sure you prepare completely so that you can get back even if you get confused etc.
I've been stuck in a cabin before while tripping very hard on acid with some friends and there was a true infestation of mosquitos. We were very disorganized about going back and were only saved when dusk fell, only to get mild food poisoning much much later, around morning time.. yeah twas an ordeal :\

Last edited:
Lake or forest for sure, and lower your dose: 100-200ug

Why lower the dose? 300ug is nice strong trip. 100ug isn't even good for your first trip IMO.

And it sounds like the ppl you live with might not approve of your psychedelic use so I would suggest the forest which is fun on any drug for some reason or even sober for that matter. If you go to the lake just don't try and swim haha.

in my opinion 100ug is for sure enough for a first trip. A lot of peoples idea of 100ug is way off. they usually think their average tabs contain that much but I'm afraid they are overestimating most of the time.

It's actually more like 60 ug on average ^.

It is isn't his first trip but his first solo trip. For some people being alone is a big deal, and they don't know what to do with themselves on some level. That would also translate to tripping alone, squared. For others, being alone is not an issue, or even preferred.

But yes, trying something new like another setting that is not really controllable, plus being alone... that could add up to a lot of factors of change. Dosing high turns those factors into risk a bit extra. You never know what will happen, I've had enough stuff happen to have learned that at least somewhat. Don't assume it will just be like you imagine, go on experience so that you can extrapolate from something besides your imagination.
Perhaps you meant that.

Well the dosage would probably be closer to 200ugs than 300. It's 2 strong tabs. One gave me a good trip but I am looking for a stronger trip this next time.

Outdoors was what I was thinking and this confirmed that so I think I will do the lake. I've been alone at times before and I enjoy it and I can handle my stuff when things get rough.

The lake is fairly easy to navigate as it's small with quite a few landmarks to base off of so I don't think getting lost will be a huge problem.

After reading through this I feel like I'm ready for this experience. Any other tips that might be useful?

Bring enough water and some light food. Pay special attention to the clothes you bring, you want to be very comfortable, nothing restricting. Plan on being both very active and very inactive, so layers are good. I really like fine wool/merino for this kind if thing depending on time of year.

Being alone tripping is good too. I've tripped a time or two in my room in the dark watching movies at night. My roommate doesn't know the better.

in my opinion 100ug is for sure enough for a first trip. A lot of peoples idea of 100ug is way off. they usually think their average tabs contain that much but I'm afraid they are overestimating most of the time.

lol qft

I've taken LSD solo a couple times. It's fun I guess, but only if you have no problem completely losing your mind

only real advice I can give you: stay positive

there's probably going to be a point where you think "maybe this was a bad idea"

and you have to just brush it aside and roll with it, because it's already in motion

Solo trips can be the best.
I'll go with the previous poster and say stay positive! And it's not a bad idea to remind yourself that you've taken LSD and that it will pass.
If things feel like they're getting out of hand, find something simple to focus on. Last time I simply started jamming some sounds with my phone and ended up meditating to a simple drone until the peak passed. It was amazing.

Also: DON'T smoke weed, either at the beginning or the end. IME cannabis will only increase chances of having negative thought loops and paranoia.

I didnt really react negatively to smoking weed on LSD, it just doesn't really do much of anything.

I don't know first hand for most drugs, but I'd be willing to bet that very few substances in existence really affect you much when you are on LSD. I don't think your brain quite picks up on what is really taking place.

So I concur, don't smoke weed on LSD. but mainly because it is a waste of weed imo

^^^Plus it always made my trips WAY harder and heavier.Like someone else said,if you have a smart phone hit you tube or something and play some music.Led Zepplin has helped me through some heavy,freaky trips.Wherever you decide to trip,make sure it's somewhere that people won't fuck with you or call the cops.That would fuck up a good trip for sure.For some reason the sight of someone walking around looking confused,laughing hysterically at nothing makes some people suspicious.

Your idea to go outside and commune with nature sounds perfect...that way no one will hear your screams.

Weed is subjective, it really depends on your smoking habits and how you react to it normally. I smoke weed heavily, so when I trip, it is more of a route or a comfort thing. It doesn't change anything really. For others, it can completely change the experience. Follow your gut.

I love solo tripping. Tripping in groups, so much is going on that sometimes you can't focus on your thoughts. Walking about by your self with your brain can be a real experience on LSD or any psychedelic. When I dose on anything, I usually can't sleep until I have been at baseline for a few hours, so I am normally the last man standing while everyone else is crashed out. This gives me a nice alone period even when I am tripping with people. I usually go on a walk solo, and it ends up being a wonderful way to end my trip and reflect.

If you know yourself enough on psychedelics, and your comfortable with the dose, 300 mics isn't too much to wander around a nice semi-public place. For someone who has never tripped before, I would say that is unwise.

Things to bring in a small backpack: water, fruit/food/snacks, some petty cash, toilet paper, flashlight, music. Tobacco and several xtra lighters if you smoke. I bring a phone in case of emergency, but I make sure it's off, and in the bottom of my bag.

i carry a backpack when I am tripping away from home, because I like to have amenities, and pockets get sooooo confusing for me on higher dose psychedelics. I usually end up taking everything out of my pockets to find something, and losing everything I was carrying by the end of the trip.

It is more ideal to smoke during the comedown of a trip.
As long as you have a positive mindset, your trip will be worthwhile. I prefer tripping in a quiet setting rather than at a concert/festival. Take a walk somewhere where you can be surrounded by trees. Trees create some of the most beautiful fractals

Also: DON'T smoke weed, either at the beginning or the end. IME cannabis will only increase chances of having negative thought loops and paranoia.

I don't share that. Depending on what you smoke (indica? sativa? hash? BHO?), its quality, and the dosage, it can be a very great idea and it should not result in loops and paranoia unless you are unexperienced smoking while tripping.

@Lackasham: My suggestions including the ones from the rest of the people are: if you ever start feeling negative, close your eyes and focus on the visuals ;-) That greatly helps me in my solo trips. About the dosage, take as much as you usually use to get a soft-medium trip.

I basically only solo Tripp, it all comes down to how you perceive yourself. Your Tripp will likely shine a light on your life and priorities at some point. Be safe, know thyself.

Most of these posts seem to treat you as a novice tripper...if you've done acid 20+ times...YOU WILL BE FINE.

Actually, you'll probably like tripping alone better than with others...your trip won't be influenced by someone else's input.