• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos sodium chloride flush for benzo detox

pillman1224

Bluelighter
ok i am not ready to get off benzos yet getting a job which i will hopefully have starting summer after semester is a priority for me right now. my doses have been said but can be repeated. im sorry if this belongs in a recovery forum or a health one. this is assuming no alcohol or marijuana is consumed but i am somewhat dependent based on a conversation i have with my cousin who is an anesthesiologist and was taught the out dated Aston Manuel (first question i asked actually) unfortunately. 6mg klonopin 60-90mg restoril. these are rarely consumed now because i generally use alcohol and marijuana everynight so 30mg of temazepam will work. and i consume 5mg once every six days with weed. point is i got dependent on the higher doses. '

so she said if you go to an e room and say you do not want to be tapered just flushed with sodium chloride 0.9% solution, which i thought was just saline but it is different based on web md, (it would take 3 iv bags she said cause i have been on the shit for a year. well more but wasnt dependent then) no Valium Librium just done i have had it with this shit. I WANT TO BE A NORMAL FUCKING COLLEGE STUDENT i can count on 2 hands the amount of times i have used these for a high, i use them for sleep. alcohol and weed thats it i love falling asleep that way. latter is prefered once legal in my state strong indica at night perfect.

question- wouldnt i still have to face wd with the flush. how in the fuck do i handle this. not stopping now i have to much riding on me. will be soon

Last edited:
Did i unterstand it right, that you use alcohol+weed every night and you take 5mg klonopin every 6 days ?
Do you take the 30mg restoril every night ?

I never heard of this way and I don't think that 3 IV bags with NaCl will help you much if anything with benzo withdrawal.
What is it supposed to do other than hydrating you ?

Are you aware of the dangers of combining alcohol and benzos and the dangers of benzo withdrawal ?

Did i unterstand it right, that you use alcohol+weed every night and you take 5mg klonopin every 6 days ?
Do you take the 30mg restoril every night ?

I never heard of this way and I don't think that 3 IV bags with NaCl will help you much if anything with benzo withdrawal.
What is it supposed to do other than hydrating you ?

Are you aware of the dangers of combining alcohol and benzos and the dangers of benzo withdrawal ?

yes the 30mg of restoril with alcohol and weed are typically what are consumed. if it is not "klonopin night" and i dont feel like drinking which has been rare lately. i will smoke i little more weed than usual and take 60mg restoril. on "klonopin night" 5mg of that and weed are consumed no restoril. i asked the same question you did about it just hydrating me. we never got to talk about whether or not i will face wd. well she said i will be cant tell severity. sorry i cant partial quote on this. and yes i am well aware of the dangers of alcohol and benzos. back when i was using opiates 12 heinekens and 5mg of klonopin wasnt uncommon. (i did not care about my life at that point i do now). it isnt the most HR thing but you know that in small doses its safe as long as yer not driving. higher doses and more drinks=blackout this is IME only though.

edit- i am aware that benzo wd can be fatal but rare. seizures are common in higher dose wd. that is my main concern. shit weed will be legal in DE within 5 years or so. by then i am hoping on just a strong indica for sleep. as i have to have something intoxicating before bed (dont bother asking). that is for a whole nother forum

You need to do a proper taper, 0.9% salt water isn't gonna do shit but keep you not thirsty. I nee to quit benzos too, going for about 9 months at aroun 0.5mg xanax 3x per day. I bought 30x 10mg valium to taper down - but took them all in 4-5 days to get high

BTW - live in colorado and can get a quarter of mmj in the store at 30%thc for $35 - it doesn't make me happy - I'm still a miserable peice of shit - only now, I have a xanax and herooin addiction, too

Last edited:
You need to do a proper taper, 0.9% salt water isn't gonna do shit but keep you not thirsty. I nee to quit benzos too, going for about 9 months at aroun 0.5mg xanax 3x per day. I bought 30x 10mg valium to taper down - but took them all in 4-5 days to get high

BTW - live in colorado and can get a quarter of mmj in the store at 30%thc for $35 - it doesn't make me happy - I'm still a miserable peice of shit - only now, I have a xanax and herooin addiction, too

thanks i kicked opiates almost 2 months ago. and do not want to be on the benzos anymore (there fun at first but once you get the first sign of wd its not anymore) but do not want to face my doctor. the weed would be used for sleep if i have that and it works then FUCK BENZOS. congrats on being in a free state. the one next to me will hopefully be one next.

edit- just a thought and idk if this is the right forum but would cannabis oil and high potent strains for sleep. prevent seizures (stress on potent oil) i didnt start smoking till January so im still new to this new weed which has changed at least for me as i went over 4 years w/o being around it.

Last edited:
^^^ maybe weed works for you. I've been smoking for 7 years -since I was 16 - and I had the most wonderful times. But it has lost its efficacy pretty much and I just smoke to prevent marijuana WD syndrome, and I enjoy the hobby. I could probably ween off easy but I still like it. Would not have any medical effect on me though except curbing MJ WD syndrome.

But for the first half-decade of weed it was:

" I can see through mountains watch me disappear
I can even touch the sky
Swallowing colors of the sound I hear
Am I just a crazy guy (You bet)"

You should definitely tapper down and not go CT.
And maybe try to cut out the alcohol as well, you are really fucking up your GABA receptors.

something i am running by my cousin. people use naloxone for opiate wd. yes its extremely uncomfortable. would flumazenil work the same i have been reading some studies and it shows promise in reversing tolerance and aiding in wd. when .2mg is administered. hospital/doctor is last resort. i have put my parents through enough doctor shit. with my fucking addictions.

I don't think it's a good idea, benzo withdrawal can be fatal because of the risk of seizure.

Just taper down

ok see i dont have time this would be like a weekend attempt or some shit. i cant iv. i could make into a spray such as the at home narcan kits. or sublingual it. sub q i might be able to do. but the thought of putting a needle in my body scares me (and i chewed fentanyl lol). well not funny caused a lot of problems but im better because of that. off topic sorry.

any extra info on flumazenil wheres Negrogesic hes the benzo guru? i cant face my doctor as said and will not stop drinking at night as of now. its the only way 30mg of restoril will help. and it dont do much. i just dont feel comfortable mixing more than 30mg with alcohol.

Dude, taking flumazenil is dangerous, because it could induce seizures, which could kill you and you'd be miserable. Benzo withdrawal is no joke, you can't do it over night.
Do a quick taper with your Klonopin.

No. Just no. Saline IV like for your nose with the snooties ends benzo withdrawal? Doubtful.

NaCl won't do shit, taking daily benzos changes your brain chemistry and nothing but TIME with no benzos is going to fix it

saline "flushes" are a bunch of bull shit, your body will flush drugs from itself at whatever rate it chooses, adding saline won't help.

stick to an Ashton manual style taper.

there is no way you are going to be able to just shrug off a benzo habit over a weekend so put that idea out of your mind. even if you do a "rapid detox" you will with 99.7% probability feel like shit afterwards and will relapse.

flumazenil is something you'd need to use in an inpatient setting anyway, and is not readily attainable either by rx or on the black market... it's an anxiogenic drug that causes seizures in OD?

saline "flushes" are a bunch of bull shit, your body will flush drugs from itself at whatever rate it chooses, adding saline won't help.

stick to an Ashton manual style taper.

there is no way you are going to be able to just shrug off a benzo habit over a weekend so put that idea out of your mind. even if you do a "rapid detox" you will with 99.7% probability feel like shit afterwards and will relapse.

flumazenil is something you'd need to use in an inpatient setting anyway, and is not readily attainable either by rx or on the black market... it's an anxiogenic drug that causes seizures in OD?

YEAH, benzos are serious brain-changes. You need to reduce 10-25% of your dose per week, gradually. Once you hit 50% of your dose, you can wait an extra week before tapering more if you have to.