• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Social Drug Anxiety

Jordan2017

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experiences of re-introducing themselves to drugs after anxiety? Any advice other than starting small as i'm planning too? Such as ways of thinking?

I know I won't have a heart attack, but the feeling of coming up and about to not know where it will go makes me nervous as I've had a few bad experiences when the come up has been too hard.

Last edited:
We don't use SWIM here. Please edit the post accordingly.

I had the same problem, I won't lie to you the first few times doing new drugs I do panic but after you've done it a few times you get over it. Also after the 'rush' starts you usually forget about it anyway and just have a good time.

Last edited:
I find that alot of the time im really having to fight with my mind, i'm telling myself I am ok over and over and then the other part of me is like but you are ok stop saying that!!

What drugs were you using before Jordon? Without that info it's hard to say.

For many people smoking weed can cause terrible uncontrollable anxiety where as Opiates may cause no anxiety at all. Except if you use opiates too often and you get dope sick ofcourse.

Try to control ur thinking and lie to urself to calm down... when u feel anxiety coming up keep telling urself thats its all gonna be okay and that ur just overthinking this and ur not in real danger. Also breathe deeply.

I still have issues with weed, twenty years after a panic attack getting high.
I tried to ease back into it, to be social at parties, so I wouldn't get drunk instead and be an ass.

I eventually gave up, stopped smoking completely for a few years, then rarely, not around other people.
You have to ask, how much mental effort is worth it, when it will never be exactly as smooth as it was?

i had a really bad panic attack from ingesting heroic amounts of mephedrone and mdma, my bpm was through the roof and i ended up in hospital receiving IV benzos (which i fell in love with, but that's a diff story ;) )

it took me a couple of years to even consider touching uppers again, and i gave myself tons of rules that i mostly still live by: never combine two stimulants, keepit under a gram a night, drink lots of water etc etc). but i managed it in the end. give it time, and take it easy. you shouldn't have to force yourself to do drugs, that just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
If it's not fun/doesn't give relief, or provide insight anymore (which happens to every substance if you use it loo long/often/much anyway), never mind inducing actual panic, why bother? One less chemical for others to get bitchy about. (I say this mostly to myself as i roll another pointless cigarette.)

And seriously fuck psychedelic panic attacks. I should feel sympathy for people who say they get "panic attacks" confronting escalators or going outside, but I just can't. "I felt I was going to die" yeah, well, I wished for death to release me from the hell dimension I was trapped in for all eternity. Anyway, don't get the fear kids.

yeah mate i feel that
fucken hate it when people just bandy around the term panic attack.
attacks ruined my life, lost my job, dropped out of uni, lost my gf and a ton of friends and eventually tried to finish it all.

i know how it is man.

hate it when people just bandy around the term panic attack.

Well, I did just have ONE that happened to be when I was high as a kite and went beyond the "real" world into one of abject horror. Not in a "bad trip" way. Something else, indescribable, laughing at the Hellraiser movies.

The bright side? It made every other brush with panic soooo much easier. Hey, I'm gonna die, OK. Severe alcohol withdrawal: ooo, those faces on the ceiling are NOT my friend, I think I'll just have a seizure instead of seeing what they'll do. I've had several I could feel warming up, but knew what they were enough to hit the eject button, get the fuck out of wherever I was.

So I should have more compassion for those who experience it without warning in their day-to-day. That could be more horrifying than anything.

Sorry for your life implosion, @keeping.

ha cheeers mate, and woah yeah, was that a panic attack that turned into psychosis or...?
it'd make a hell of a short story.

Whenever I smoke potent marijuana, and attempt to have sex, once I get aroused I go through a 20min episode where it feels like my body is shutting down, painful knives jabbing every nerve in my skin, dizziness, I really believed I was going to die of a stroke or Heart attack...scary shit..
Panic and anxiety attacks are known to be mistaken for heart problems in a lot of patients who visit the ER. Scary shit

^ yeah i had one once where my resting bpm was near 200, i was terrified, thought my heart was going to pop any moment :(

Weed is just a nasty drug for a lot of people.
It does seem to bump up heart rate right after a big rip, and if you're not expecting that . . . probably how your local sheriff tried it once and says he OD'd.

All you social smokers out there, I do envy you, but I don't know what you experience. And you daily smokers, I know you're self-medicating something, but I'm terrified to know.

I trip, even before my journey through the land of hell-mannequin emptiness.
It's usually a grueling time, takes effort, not a way to relax. Enjoyable yes, in certain times and places.

And sex, feels pretty good if you can get around the skin seeming like lifeless fabric. Kind of have to stop yourself picking at her, trying to smooth out the sheets. Weird.

Sorry mods, OT I know.

huh? oh no weed didn't do that to me it was stimulants.
but yeah i don't really enjoy weed either - i just think too much, its not relaxing for me

No, I caught that
Funny too, cause I'm pretty sleepy and relaxed right now, and I've been smoking meth since 11am. (It's 8pm (and in the past I think for Oz?) right now)

ha and i'm on crack

Really? Or are you doubting? I fucked up and got a tolerance to this shit, it's turned into an all-day thing.

Only tried crack once, bad setting, just bad situation. But that always seemed like the rushiest of rush stimmiest stim to smoke? Like, panic inducing?

Never saw any crack abusers (or freebase cocaine users) in any rehab other than county detox, and they never stuck around for more than a couple days, before they'd out-of-nowhere just go nuts. Like, knock over the dominos table and yell gibberish, then out the door. THeir back stories never made sense, contradicted, half clearly hallucinated, seemed not sure where they were or how they got there (I mean moreso than everybody else there).

Seems like a fun one.

Scrofula, can you relate to what I said about getting too sexually excited on marijuana and freaking out with the skin tacking sensation and going into a full blown episode of near coming death? Just asking cause it sounds like you can identify. .the reason I care to know is , to this day I'm convinced something terribly wrong jad happen to me and a possible health problem..st first I thought the weed was laced with k2 or something, or I got too secislly excited that I slowed the blood flow down to my brain lol

Woah, @opiatekrzy

I've had some weed moments where I overthought an impending sexcapade and had that kind of horny you haven't had since you were 12, yeah. You know, the reality of sex, the meaning of being, like, naked with someone, man. You can feel your heartbeat in your cock, dude. Never thought I was going to actually die in that moment, but thanks, if it ever happens again, (which, Central California readers, I would accept right at this moment, not choosy here) I just might. I think I've been close with the meth though, imagining some kind of stroke-boner. Ladies don't appreciate the kind of horny we can get sometimes.

I meant the mechanics of it. You start with that urge maybe, and making out gets transcendental, but then it gets confusing. I don't know, it's just that things like textures can feel off, so skin feels different, you move from caressing boobies to examining them, and if your mind keeps going you sense lifelessness in . . . lifefull things, and mix the two until you get so freaked its over. Libido ON, OFF, ON, OFF . . . . Masturbation is great on weed, though, no question.