• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sobriety and staying satisfied

I'd say exercise your ass off.

I've been clean from the dope almost 2 months and thats the only thing keeping me sane..

shroomster said:
How do I stay satisfied?

From my personal experience with addiction, you can't. How can lessen the degree of side-effects from cancer? You've been to rehab so you know that addiction is a biological disease in which will eventually kill the human being if not medically treated, precisely that which of cancer.

There are things to lessen the pain, however.

For me: Exercise, human connection, staying busy, playing guitar, getting deep into a hobby, ect.

There's one thing that still gets me about addiction. No matter how good you feel while sober, and how well your life is going at the moment, NOTHING will ever make feel better then I did while high.

I went through something similar and when I got out of rehab my friends wanted me to go right back out and party with them and I fell back in and went and started partying. It wasnt until I found something that I wanted so badly that I would give up anything for it. So I have been clean for almost 9 months...it wasnt easy and sometimes it still isnt but you can do it!!