So...You think you could be a mod? Apply within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
BigCat007 would post this, but he's in transition right now and I've offered to help with this forum until he can get settled. Actually, the way life is going right now, he's going to have to step down as mod for NADD and that means one of you lucky s.o.b.'s gets to take his place (maybe even two of you, yes - he works that hard).

We're looking for one or two candidates to moderate this forum. You need to be fairly involved in this forum (activity in other forums isn't so much of a factor), and be willing to put in the effort this job requires. Tact is helpful, and a general knowldege of drugs is also a plus (you don't need to be an expert).

If you think you're up for it, send an email or PM to BigCat007. We'll review the applicants and hopefully reach a decision soon. For now, let's say you can apply until May 31 (that gives you two weeks) and we'll try to have the change made by the end of that week.

++++++++++++++++

I've left this thread open for replies so you can ask questions about the job and everyone can see the answers. This thread is NOT to offer your services or to nominate anyone. Only those who PM/email us will be considered, and nomination of others is not accepted.

Questions:

1) What's the pay?
The gratitude of your forum members and the sense of a job well done (translation, not a friggin thing).

2) What are the expectations? There *are* post count quota's meaning every 3 months or so we run a query and see who has how many posts in a forum. Generally, we expect the mods to be among the top 5-10 posters in the forum (it reflects you are active and paying attention). HOWEVER, it is my job to remove you if you don't perform, and I tend to count quality over quantity, so there is some leeway. More will be included in an orientation email once the selection is made.

3) What are the duties? Checking the forum, reading threads, responding to REPORTS on threads in your forum. Realistically, about 5 extra minutes above what you usually put into the forum. More will be included in an orientation email once the selection is made.

any other questions?

Last edited:
Due to the new mod's untimely decision to leave Bluelight, mod applications have now been reopened. If you applied before, please reapply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, we haven't been able to select a qualified candidate from the applications received. SooOOoooo, if you are interested, please PM BigCat007 and let 'em know. Maybe YOU are more qualified than you think ;).

For those that have applied - BigCat007 and the rest of us are trying to get adjusted to the new site and the software changes we're all trying to understand. He and I should have a decision soon, just hang in there (no more than a week or so before we let you know). Thanks.

A NEW MOD HAS BEEN SELECTED!

And, because I know you all are eager to find out... and you all think I'm a wanker anyway, YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT... bwahaha ;)

An announcement will be made of who was selected when the senior admin gets around to doing the dirty work to add the coolest person ever to our forum (well, second coolest, with me of course, being THE coolest)

Anyone notice the change?

Btw, thanks to ALL the applicants - whether you carry the title of 'moderator' or not, your input and response to discussions is what makes or breaks the forum. So thank you for your efforts, regardless of who wears the mod hats.

Oh, and congrats to tranceaddiKt :D

=D Thanks =D

I've received a very warm welcome, and it's so very appreciated.
I know this is somewhat delayed, okay, really delayed but if there are any questions, or disputes about anything, we're here, don't be hesitant to contact one of us.

BigCat007 as you all should already know is an amazing moderator, I'm greatly honored to be able to be at his side here, and absolutely plan to do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.